IGNORED

Boro Vs Everton Fc

xsaint

Happy New Year Blue Boys !!!

Its a whole new year and we are kicking off againts Boro. Lets Hope we perform better then last half of the season as a whole.Having said that, loosing cheaply 1-4 to Arsenal may have a lasting effect on our boys.Here we have boro, will we Win / Draw or come back empty handed? It all depends on mental capacity after the defeat....If we believe that we deserve to win or at least get a point againts Arsenal but mistakes cost us, then the players should keep the same level of game minus the mistakes and we can walk away victorious.But on the other hand, if they take it too hard on themselves will mean that they lack confidence and metal capacity.....But we all hope our boys are strong mentally and physically for the game....I am going for a 0-2 Win though i knew Boro had a good last game.... your predictions please......

Boro 0-2 Everton FC

Edited by xsaint

I think your thinking too much.

Lets Hope we perform better then last half of the season as a whole

Whats that supposed to mean??????????????????

I think we need to win this one, we can afford to get beat by the like of the arse but not Boro

Agreed that we need to win this one.....what i ment was, during the second half of the season we should strive to collect more points than what we collected in the first half of the season.......

Happy New Year pal!

Sound like a good plan to me

I'd be a lot happier if 'Boro hadn't nicked the win at Pompey last time out, will give them a bit of confidence. Having said that we've knocked teams of this level over pretty routinely in the last couple of months, and we should do again. First objective after recent hiccups is a clean sheet imo, get the defence sorted again and we'll always score a goal or two. Settle for a 1-0. TC please 'cos I've just put him in my fantasy team in place of Lampard :P .

Bollocks, I put the curse on him :angry: .

Joseph Yobo and Tim Cahill both miss the first game of 2008.

The duo are sidelined by injury for the trip to Middlesbrough.

It means a starting berth for both Nuno Valente and James McFadden, with Andrew Johnson drafted in for the suspended Mikel Arteta.

It means the Blues revert to an attacking 4-4-2 formation, with McFadden expected to be utilised on the flank with Johnson partnering Yakubu in attack.

Valente slots in at left-back, allowing Joleon Lescott to fill the gap left by Yobo in the heart of defence.

Leighton Baines and Alan Stubbs, who have both been injured for much of December, return to the squad and are amongst the substitutes.

Victor Anichebe and James Vaughan complete the out-field options for manager David Moyes on the bench, with Stefan Wessels the fifth reserve.

I'd be a lot happier if 'Boro hadn't nicked the win at Pompey last time out, will give them a bit of confidence. Having said that we've knocked teams of this level over pretty routinely in the last couple of months, and we should do again. First objective after recent hiccups is a clean sheet imo, get the defence sorted again and we'll always score a goal or two. Settle for a 1-0. TC please 'cos I've just put him in my fantasy team in place of Lampard :P .

Bollocks, I put the curse on him :angry: .

Joseph Yobo and Tim Cahill both miss the first game of 2008.

The duo are sidelined by injury for the trip to Middlesbrough.

It means a starting berth for both Nuno Valente and James McFadden, with Andrew Johnson drafted in for the suspended Mikel Arteta.

It means the Blues revert to an attacking 4-4-2 formation, with McFadden expected to be utilised on the flank with Johnson partnering Yakubu in attack.

Valente slots in at left-back, allowing Joleon Lescott to fill the gap left by Yobo in the heart of defence.

Leighton Baines and Alan Stubbs, who have both been injured for much of December, return to the squad and are amongst the substitutes.

Victor Anichebe and James Vaughan complete the out-field options for manager David Moyes on the bench, with Stefan Wessels the fifth reserve.

Av just read that fuckin hell going to be a bit of a struggle without Cahill still think we will win 2-1 but not Cahill scoring The Yak gettin 2.

Im not confident about this. We seem to struggle against boro and we've fielded a considerably weakened squad. If we can get something out of this i'll be happy, this is a game that we need and really should get something from but boro have been playing better.

Lets hope the Yak can put one over his old club.

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasnt very promising first half. Our passing is terrible , thats something what needs to get seriously better next half. Theres raining like in a some rain season in africa atm. Thats doesnt help us at all , remember the reading game... Well this season we have been better in second half(if we forget last game) and ill hope it will continue on this1. ATM it seems we need to keep clean sheet on every cost and hopefully we will claim that 1 for taking those important 3p back to Goodison. COYB

Average game...Average performance....seems Pinear and Johnson are working their socks off.....The rest of the midfield does not seem in sync....I am worried about Valente, seems he is good for throw ins only.....and our dear YAK is proving Boro fan's right cause he seems lazy to me!.....Boro had a goal cleared off the line...Let's hope we perform better in second half.......and we definitely need a quality midfielder during the transfer window!!!

Well like i said we have been better this season in second half so far , just like today. Well today only for 10-15 minutes of good play , 3 chances 2 goals and important 3 points for us. Hopefully we can now get us back on nonlosing streak :)

Edited by LexKing

Well like i said we have been better this season in second half so far , just like today. Well today only for 10-15 minutes of good play , 3 chances 2 goals and important 3 points for us. Hopefully we can now get us back on nonlosing streak :)

We ARE on a non-loosing streak

UNBEATEN IN 2008

Seriously though, a win away is agreat result and its good to see us bounce back after a potentially demoralising loss and with a few/couple of key players out

We are indead more than a one man team

Great to see us get back on the winning track. Too bad I had to watch the Arsenal game and not this one. Second time in three years that we've doubled these guys, and these are the teams we need to be doubling if we're going to hold our position.

Looks like Villa's about to win, though. That's not going to help us.

"though Boro could have been awarded a penalty when Tuncay was caught. The honest striker stayed on his feet and got the ball back to O'Neil, whose low drive from 10 yards was well saved by Howard" says Boro official website. I guess i would agree on that. It could have made the game difficult for us.Credit and salute to TUNCAY , he stayed on his feet unlike some ArseAnal players who would make a meal out of it....Good play Tuncay........Good play EvertonFC..... In all we had a bit more cutting edge and we deserve the lead

Whatching MOTD we rode our luck and made some last ditch saves, but thems the brakes For too long Ive being saying after Everton games, "we was robbed" or" we deserved more"

Seems you do get the rub of the green when you near the top :D