IGNORED

Boro Vs Everton Fc

xsaint

Great away performance considering we had to scrape together a makeshift midfield, and bring in some fringe players, losing players like Yobo, Cahill, Arteta, and Osman, who have all been playing well, has got to be a good away win, Nice to see Hibbert, Valente, and Baines coming in and still keeping a clean sheet.

God help us tho if Pienaar also gets injured, cos we wont have any midfielders at all for our next game. :mellow:

MOTM for me was PIENAAR, had to work harder than usual in the middle and was involved in most of the football we played, he must be well knackered after all these holiday games.

Hope to fook we sign him before some other club steps in for him.

Agree with saint on the Tuncay "penalty". Not just Arsenal players who'd have gone down, most would have so fair play to him. Bit naïve maybe.

Also how were there 27,000 people there when the ground (35,000 capacity) looked half empty on TV. The areas out of view of the cameras must have been packed solid.

Final thought, is being a 'Boro supporter the most depressing experience in football? I reckon it must be. Spent fortunes, never risen above mediocrity and no prospect of ever doing so. Think I'd kill myself.

Agree with saint on the Tuncay "penalty". Not just Arsenal players who'd have gone down, most would have so fair play to him. Bit naïve maybe.

Also how were there 27,000 people there when the ground (35,000 capacity) looked half empty on TV. The areas out of view of the cameras must have been packed solid.

Final thought, is being a 'Boro supporter the most depressing experience in football? I reckon it must be. Spent fortunes, never risen above mediocrity and no prospect of ever doing so. Think I'd kill myself.

Every dog has its days and every club has its ups and downs...lol..i will never forget how we nearly got relegated almost every year....Credit to BK and MOYES...they did a fantastic job and now we look like a regular Europe candidates. As for Boro, yep they are in a bad state.I guess they too need some quality midfielders i guess.,,,,let in be BORO or any other team who wanna achieve to be in top 4, i would silently bless them.I hate the word "big four"....i hope all progress to the level where any teams can be in top 4...monopoly is bad for business and sports! lol....so best of luck for boro....and even better and best of luck for our mighty blues for the rest of the season ahead.

Every dog has its days and every club has its ups and downs...lol..i will never forget how we nearly got relegated almost every year....Credit to BK and MOYES...they did a fantastic job and now we look like a regular Europe candidates. As for Boro, yep they are in a bad state.I guess they too need some quality midfielders i guess.,,,,let in be BORO or any other team who wanna achieve to be in top 4, i would silently bless them.I hate the word "big four"....i hope all progress to the level where any teams can be in top 4...monopoly is bad for business and sports! lol....so best of luck for boro....and even better and best of luck for our mighty blues for the rest of the season ahead.

I hate the term too, but you're never going to have total equality. The closest any league has gotten to that kind of system is the NFL in this country, which has equal sharing of the league's major revenues, fixed roster sizes for each team (meaning you can't have an imbalance like with Chelsea stockpiling 30+ players while Aston Villa tries to scrape by with 18), and an overall cap on how much money each team can spend on players each year. But even with those three safeguards in place, the NFL still isn't 100% equal - you still see some teams that are consistent Super Bowl contenders and some that consistently struggle, and some teams that players want to play for and some that they don't.

I do agree, though, that when a professional league has gotten to the point where 90+% of the teams competing (including the ones in the lower divisions), have absolutely no hope of ever winning the league ever again, then IMO things have gone too far. Problem is, I don't see any way to change it. Most major changes (like salary caps) would have to be agreed to at a continent-wide level because of the EU structure, and the big clubs enjoy too much power for any meaningful competitive balance reforms to be forced through over their objections, plus there'd be the inevitable court challenges. The only NFL-style equalizer I could see any hope of implementing would be fixed roster sizes, because that's the one major reform that could probably be handled individually by each country's FA. It's worked like a charm in this country in College (American) Football - competitive balance has increased tremendously since the NCAA (the sport's FA equivalent) began putting limits on how many players the universities could sign and keep each year. Now some of those talented kids who might've gone to Oklahoma or Ohio State in the past and sat on the bench for four years are playing and becoming stars at smaller schools instead because the biggest ones aren't able to stockpile them anymore, so the talent gap between the ManU's and the Fulhams of the sport is a lot less than it used to be.

Credit to McFadden for dedicating his goal to Phil O'Donnell.

Clearly a man who hasn't forgotten his roots and has his former team mates and Motherwell FC close to his heart. He really is a true professional. Just hope he doesn't sign for either of the Old Firm.

RIP Phil.