IGNORED

Moyes

Romey 1878

Yeah good article that, he's letting them know he wants some money in the summer and it might be interesring to see what or who they come up with financially. Good times ahead ?? Only need a right back, a centre half, and two good midfielders. £60 million should be enough, :D Nice one Moyesy.

In the Daily Post longer version of the same interview he again mentions the possibility of redeveloping Goodison..

“Whether it is a new stadium or the redevelopment of Goodison, when that arrives the one thing Everton needs to fill it will be a team and hopefully a team in the Champions League.”

...it's off message with the board isn't it? Don't know whether he's leaving a little hope there to keep the fans sweet or whether he thinks (or knows) that it's a genuine option?

is there money to spend though?

seriously, manny and pinaar will cost over £12 mil, nearer 15 maybe depending on what the loan contracts say.

who knows if we're tied in to buying gardner, and i wouldn't have thought grav would be to happy going back, moyes is quite hard nosed sometimes but i can see another million or two going to celtic park.

is big bill going to pull a lot more than £20 million out of the back of the sofa? not on past evidence.

i know moyes is telling him to man up but like licker says we're short in a lot of areas where we'll need to spend about £10mil a player to improve especially with the shite (assuming benitez goes - which seems increasingly likely unfortunately), villa, and city going in for the same players .

who knows if we're tied in to buying gardner, and i wouldn't have thought grav would be to happy going back,

Gardner is backup only. No chance of it becoming permanent (unless he comes in as emergency and plays to Lescott levels...not likely) and Grav can be as unhappy as he likes...he's gone!

To be any sort of potent force, money has to be spent on players. Management know that. The trick is to get the best value out of your purchases. Previously, I've criticised Moyes on various aspects but I have to say that he has been pretty canny most of the time. Not particularly for the players he's brought in, but because of the ones he didn't when the pressure was on. Alan Smith,

Nugent, McBride, Ashton and others are hardly setting the Premiership alight. They may be OK sort of players, but Moyes wasn't prepared to go into battle for them at the prices being touted. He knew their worth, and it wasn't what was being asked - so we go away and look elsewhere. That takes some courage when times are not looking so good, especially when we havn't had heaps to spend. Best to spend wisely, not quickly!

Great article! One person the board need to keep sweet is moyes. He has been pivitol tpo where Everton are now, and its great to see his ambition which is the same as us fans. Hes hardly wasted any money in his time here (yes there have been the odd exception) but in the same time as Moyes has nearly broke even the rs have spent 100 million! Top 4 side regularly I hope so! It will be tough with the money some of the clubs have below us Man City, Villa, L'pool etc