IGNORED

Nigeria At The African Cup of Nations

Louis

Nigeria (read Yak and Yobo) are due to play up to six games in January.

January 12th versus Egypt

January 16th versus Benin

January 20th versus Mozambique

I can see Nigeria coming away with 6 or 7 points.

Possible

25th - Quarter

28th - Semis

30th or 31st Jan - Playoff/Final

So it looks like we'll miss them for the following games:

Carlisle

Arsenal

Man City

FA Cup 4th Round

Sunderland

Wigan

he won't be sent packing aywhere.

he'll be fit shortly and will be straight into the Nigerian side when fit. He's got every right to go to the tournament.

Landon Donovan should cover the loss of Yakubu and hopefully Distin will be back soon for the defence.

Definately not as effected as some teams but still 2 first team players we don't particularly want to be without.

i dont think yobo is in moyes good books even when fit ask yourself this he made yobo captain then took it off him and gave it to cahill...why?

It wasnt quite as cut and dry as that! Yobo was captain then he got injured and while he was out (1 or 2 games I think) he gave it to Cahill who has kept it (for the most part). I dont think there is anything in it tbh but now Cahill is out and Pip is back it should swap again.

I dont think we will particularly miss either although it means we will be missing 2 experienced heads coming off the bench but saying that Duffy and Baxter have probably made more of an impression this year anyway so hopefully it wont matter.

I wouldnt sell Yobo just yet. Get Jags fit or see how he plays alongside Heitinga and if he is still all over the place then get rid. Same can be said of Distin tbh.

Edited by Bailey

i dont think yobo is in moyes good books even when fit ask yourself this he made yobo captain then took it off him and gave it to cahill...why?

I think your right I heard they had a bit of a tiff in Lisbon before the Benfica game when he pulled out injured and thats why he hasnt had the armband since and he definitely snubbed the armband the other week when Cahill tried to give it to him when he was subbed