IGNORED

Iain Turner

I agree, it was a massive game for him to play in but we all wanted him rather than Teflon, and we must accept that nobody is above making a gaff now and again.

I think he is a good keeper, and would'nt be unduly concerned if he played again next week.

I totally agree with everything thats been said about him. He looked good appart from his mistake, which to be fair to him, nerves would have played a huge part. Only his second start in the premiership so his over all game was good. I think he needs to work on other areas of decision making too, looked a little eager to rush out. Wright is gone in my opinion.

he did well considering that this is his first real premiership start also he made a good few saves. i wish fernades started in middle and osman on wing and BT upfront and neville on bench

BT start...so he could do what? not touch the ball for the entire game?

and he had another chance to start a game... he got himself sent off

2 games 2 big mistakes ... hmmm

I have to admit I will be a lot more nervous next time Turner's standing in for Howard now I've seen him make a mistake like that. As previously mentioned, it's the second almighty calamity in as many games. He did make a couple of excellent saves though. Notably against Rooney and Ronaldo - who are possibly the last two players in the Premiership you want bearing down on your keeper one on one. So credit where it's due, but a keeper's value is judged on consistency and the mistakes made and at 22 he can't afford many more at this level, especially when you consider the likes of Czech, Reina and the up and coming Ben Foster are only 24.

I don't think it's fair to make Turner the sole scapegoat though. We looked like coneceding for the majority of the match giving posession away far too cheaply and they were running us down every time we didnt. This is a personal gripe of mine, it requires desire not skill to keep pressure on for 90 minutes but we don't do it. For two of the goals Stubbs was completely out of position and that combined with his and Hibbert's resolute insistance on hoofing a direct ball whenever the ball comes their way contributed to us staying on the back foot for most of the game. We got what we deserved in the end, nothing.

why not ... everyone else uses sarcasm, and we obviously all dont seens as some1 thinks he should have started

hey it just my opinion.

i hate to say it but our strikers did nothing in that game really.

Vaughan didnt even have a shot on target, osman didnt i dont think.

Mcfadden came on and so did beattie none of them had a shot

when manure got back in to it we didnt even try to attack them, we just had 10 men in our own half. we didnt clear the ball and made some stupid mistakes. we nearly had the win in the bag for the first 60 mins you could show someone who has never played football and tell them that is how to play, then the other 30 mins well it speaks for itself

i believe that if we started with fernades in middle osman on the wing and neville on bench and BT or Mcfadden up front they may have done more.

Edited by Foxon

hey it just my opinion.

i hate to say it but our strikers did nothing in that game really.

Vaughan didnt even have a shot on target, osman didnt i dont think.

Mcfadden came on and so did beattie none of them had a shot

when manure got back in to it we didnt even try to attack them, we just had 10 men in our own half. we didnt clear the ball and made some stupid mistakes. we nearly had the win in the bag for the first 60 mins you could show someone who has never played football and tell them that is how to play, then the other 30 mins well it speaks for itself

i believe that if we started with fernades in middle osman on the wing and neville on bench and BT or Mcfadden up front they may have done more.

That would be because he was being used as a battering ram. Osman on the wing? He hasnt been fit to wear the shirt this season but still Moyes plays him. Mcfadden should have played on the left with Fernandes in the middle, BT upfront with Vaughan just behind him where Osman played.

I agree about Osman, he hasnt done it for me this season, one or two moments of brilliance at the start but pretty weak by his standards towards the end. Yes Beatts should start, with Vaughn up top winning everything and then laying them off to him, how many times did we see Vaughn winning the header but finding no one in support of him. Start Beatts and give him the full fucking game!! Im past caring about everyones opinion of him cos the fact is he's OUR striker and so support him instead of scape goating him.

apart from the obvious he gave a good account of himself, much more inspiring than tef

I agree, it was a massive game for him to play in but we all wanted him rather than Teflon, and we must accept that nobody is above making a gaff now and again.

I think he is a good keeper, and would'nt be unduly concerned if he played again next week.

I agree.

He will be a good keeper and like all younger players their more prone to mistake

absolutely

he'll come good with a bit more experience

didn't Big Nev concede 5 in his first major game?

thought he did ok in the main though, made a couple of good saves and showed he isn't scared of the odd one-on-one situation!

Guest blueboy122

waht the hell are u people smoking ossie and vaughn ran there fuckin socks off yesterday and i h8 it wen u ppl critisise them they worked there arses off!

Craccer, don't be such a fucking wimp, if you have a problem with people giving their opinions, pack you kit up and fuck off. Sarcasm is fine, but pedantism is a pain in the fucking onions, if you pick people up for thr slightest thing, expect the same right back at you.

You have only just come back after a ban, don't make the same mistake twice.

ATB

Mac

• 4 years later...