IGNORED

Arteta's Agent Denies Real Madrid Link

Mikel Arteta's agent insists he is not surprised by reports that Spanish giants Real Madrid are interested in the Everton midfielder.

Arteta has been in superb form for David Moyes' side this season and the Spanish press are linking him with a return to his homeland as Real coach Bernd Schuster looks to shake up his squad at the Bernabeu.

The midfielder's agent Inaki Ibanez told Spanish sports newspaper Marca: "No-one from Real Madrid has come to us. But it is normal that a great club is interested in Arteta because he is doing very well."

The 25-year-old has also been linked to Chelsea and Real Zaragoza in recent weeks.

Hardly denying anything... it'll be a travesty if he's allowed to leave. Personally I think he should be forced to live in Goodison Road and be shackled to the stadium like a dog so he doesn't wander. :)

"Arteta has been in superb form for David Moyes' side this season and the Spanish press are linking him with a return to his homeland as Real coach Bernd Schuster looks to shake up his squad at the Bernabeu."

Would'nt say he's been in superb form, has probably played 3 good games out of 10 so far, He needs to get more consistency.

Not suprised that Arteta is wanted by clubs all over the place. He is a very good player and the single player we can least do without. Even on an off game still creates more chances than anybody else. Take players one, wonderful crossing and set pieces and not against putting in a tackle.

A huge thing we have in our favour is that Arteta has already been there and done that with so called bigger clubs, he know the flip side of the coin when you move to a club with a massive squad of quality player and that you can easily be an the bench.

He didn't need to sign a contract extension this summer - He and his agent will have been fully aware of his stock value, I am sure one or two of us may have also been a little suprised so to say that he commited to us like that. credit to him.

He doesn't come over as a player who is desperate to get to a so called big name club.

A few month in to a 5 year contract, it would take a massive bid to get Everton to part with the current jewel in the crown.

like has already been said!.....Excellent form this season?Yes a couple of excellent games, a couple of good games, a few average ones and even a couple of poor games!!

He has a long contract and if Moyes has any sence will ask a huge price....will they be willing to pay huge money for an inconsistant(at the moment)player?

He is perhaps our most creative player, but with Pienaar, Baines and lescott showing a fair amount of flair, Cahill still to come....AJ, Vaughan and Gravesen able to win games.Plus Anichebe, Yobo and a couple of others pretty solid.....THEN!!....IF Arteta wanted to leave would you keep an unhappy player? he's hardly going to give 100% if HIS dream move is blocked!

So should you cash in big time?....Maybe get £20million and buy two good players!

Aren't two good consistant players better than one inconsistant one?

Didn't we achieve 4th without him a few seasons back?

Don't get me wrong I want him here at Everton.....but only really if HE wants to be here!

As much as I wouldn't want to lable us a selling club. I think 30 million even 25 mil would be too much to turn down. On tha basis that we could have bought both manny and lucho for that money. Unless we get enough to buy a decent replacement and another 8/10 mil player it is not worth selling him.

Also it smacks of rooney what did we buy with the 30 mil???

He may be worth 30 million but how much of that do you think we would get to replace him? about 5 million, selling him would fuck this club right up and we would be going back down to lower end of the table.

5 years ago you would have been right with that statement but stop living in the past the money wouldnt go missing and we wouldnt sell our most influential player without securing a replacement(s) first.

As much as I wouldn't want to lable us a selling club. I think 30 million even 25 mil would be too much to turn down. On tha basis that we could have bought both manny and lucho for that money. Unless we get enough to buy a decent replacement and another 8/10 mil player it is not worth selling him.

Also it smacks of rooney what did we buy with the 30 mil???

We were massivly in debt with a bleak future ahead of us when we sold Rooney, that's hardly comparable!!

I love Arteta but would happily sell him for 25mil or more, it would be the best thing to do for the club unless of course he came out and said he wanted to stay at which point a great player who wants to be here is worth his weight in gold and some serious soul searching would have to be done.

What makes Arteta more valuable to us than lucho manny or any other foreign replacement is the fact that he has proved himself in the prem playing for evertonm therefore any other player is an unknown entity thats why I would want a replacement plus 8/10 mil so we can buy andother replacement if neccesary.

Like what Blue4evr said selling Arteta would fuck this club right up. You av no warentys in football so if we sold Arteta and bought lucho and fernandes whats the garrante that it might work. Arteta and possibly Cahill are the Heart of this club without them we will passout and fall right down to the bottom of the league IMO.