IGNORED

Let's Get Back To What Works

blueblood

Hopefully the signing of Castillo and/ or any other proper midfielder before the window will allow us to get back to the formula that worked last season.

Get Lescott out of central defence, he is quite simply not good enough. The partnership of Yobo and Jags worked last season with Joloen as LB, we need to get back to that immediately.

Lescott has spent all summer saying how he wants to play CB, well 3 games in it's time to say enough is enough. Two homes games, 6 goals against, whatever happened to fortress Goodison?!?!?!

We have played three games, lost (at home) to 2 of our main competitors for a European place and struggled, and was very lucky to beat relegation fodder in West Brom.

Injuries or no injuries, this is no excuse for a terrible start to the season.

Moyes is walking around as if he's ready to explode with the transfer chaos we're encountering and we need to get back to basics and what has proven to worl asap

We cant get back to what works because Carsley has gone. Its only after they've gone that you appreciate what you had.

True mate Carsley was the engine of the team and was what made our defenders work so well with him dealing with the bullet and the lads at the back clearing the shrapnel if you get me drift :rolleyes: hopefully Castillo can fill Carsleys boots and add that little bit extra if not and we dont shape up soon were pretty much fucked

Edited by EFC-Paul

It's not that Carsley's gone that's fucking us up, it's the fact that we haven't gone out and spent the money on a quality DM like we should have done. If that had been done we'd be in a much better situation right now. That being said, if we weren't going to go out and get a replacement then we should have just offered Cars what would have kept him here for another year.

It's not that Carsley's gone that's fucking us up, it's the fact that we haven't gone out and spent the money on a quality DM like we should have done. If that had been done we'd be in a much better situation right now. That being said, if we weren't going to go out and get a replacement then we should have just offered Cars what would have kept him here for another year.

Lee has step up his work with Scope, he really is a great lad. He was knackered by the travelling and tbh it wold have been wrong to have stood in his way. Don't blame him it is purely the clubs fault

i know what was working last season, but i'd be more inclinded to just drop lescott right now. why should baines be dropped to accomodate lescoott who isnt playing well, when baines isnt doing too bad.

My thoughts exactly Steve.

What message does it send to Baines if Lescott takes his place when Lescott has been nothing short of dogshit while Baines has done at least a steady job? Moyes has his favourites who are accomodated no matter what is the message it sends out. Lescott doesn't deserve his place in our defence at all and needs a kick up the arse.

I dont think he works well with Yobo, and against Pompy Lesscott was Awful, absolutly awfull, he had sumthing to do witth all 3 goals, Jags is Solid at the back and then id move Lesscot at LB, but a mate has jus told me Casillo used to play CF i dnt know how true it is like, so i went on Google and found ntn but lol i went on Fifa and he is a CF on that, ino Fifa cnt tell u ntn about a player like haha but did castillo used to play CF :huh:

Castillo broke into the Ecuadorian national team in 2005 and made his début against Venezuela and was included in their squad for the 2006 FIFA World Cup due to his remarkable willingness to attack even as a defensive midfielder.

I think he likes to attack, but he's always been a defensive midfielder. There's a striker on Pro Evoulution Soccer called Castillo but I think he's a fictional player because he plays in the fictional starting team with the Master League. Maybe your friend thinks it's him?

Have to agree here Lescott has been out of form at CB and Jags should replace him, however who do we then play CM? cant carry on with youth in the middle so Castillo and Jags need to play in CM imo. Dont agree with moving Lescott to LB either as Baines was one of our better performers yesterday getting down the wing and putting in more crosses than Arteta..

Have to agree here Lescott has been out of form at CB and Jags should replace him, however who do we then play CM? cant carry on with youth in the middle so Castillo and Jags need to play in CM imo. Dont agree with moving Lescott to LB either as Baines was one of our better performers yesterday getting down the wing and putting in more crosses than Arteta..

well lets hope that a certain j. moutinho has arrived in the next two days to fill that gap :D:D:D

Jacobsen right back, Jags CB, Neville defensive midfielder, Lescott bench... works for me.

If Moutinho turns up or Castillo is fit then even better.

The sooner we play people in their correct positions the better. Jags is no defensive midfielder, but works fantastic with Yobo at CB.

Edited by blueblood

tbh I am happy keeping nev at RB, dont know what this jacobsen plays like, and many of you wont, drop lescott tho, christ this needs to be done. Baines has been playing well, ok maybe not the best defender ever but he is encouraging going forward, can wip in a good ball. Once lescott gets the drift he needs his arse in gear, bring him back in the side at LB, baines at LM and jags at CB. Thats what got us some good results last season minus baines at LM.