IGNORED

Setanta Commentary

The Beard

"Everton make Liverpool pay for their profligacy". That means wastefulness, i think, another media man to undermine a great team performance. Don't recall them being that wasteful, 1 clear chance apart from the goal.

"Liverpool take the lead at last". That implies they where battering us and missing chance after chance, don't recall that either.

"Liverpool will probably make changes for Sunday, Everton don't have anyone else". Maybe short on numbers but to undermine 7 lads, albeit largely inexperienced, on the bench is typical.

"Everton have had 1 penalty at Anfield in 71 years". At last, he gets something right. :D

The beard for me they werent the best examples of the night. My fave: On the Setanta Commentary last night, the word 'we' was used a couple of times right after 'The Crim' scored...neautral commentary my a##e!!

I only heard the commentary for a few seconds (Tim's goal) but it sounded like Alan Parry to me. If so he is a knobhead redshite so would expect no less than a biased prick ever so bitter that we got a point.

Still grinning about that result :D

Burley is a tit without a clue.

Mc-man-a-woman is so one eyed it is unbelievable (or not so unbelievable).

Speed was fair and balanced in his analysis, as was the other bloke on the panel who's name escapes me at the minute.

That 'Football Matters' programme afterwards is shocking! Few Liverpool fans giving it billy big uns after the game. And they only managed to show Moyes interview in this show rather than directly after the game.

Mentioned on another thread, the post match interview with Cahill and Jag. Reporter asked if it was nice to dent Liverpool's title ambitions. Jagielka burst out laughing and then had to control himself as Cahill tried to give a serious answer!

Burley is a tit without a clue.

Mc-man-a-woman is so one eyed it is unbelievable (or not so unbelievable).

Speed was fair and balanced in his analysis, as was the other bloke on the panel who's name escapes me at the minute.

That 'Football Matters' programme afterwards is shocking! Few Liverpool fans giving it billy big uns after the game. And they only managed to show Moyes interview in this show rather than directly after the game.

Mentioned on another thread, the post match interview with Cahill and Jag. Reporter asked if it was nice to dent Liverpool's title ambitions. Jagielka burst out laughing and then had to control himself as Cahill tried to give a serious answer!

tim sherwood who gives a very unbiassed assessment of the game

I didn't think McManaman was too bad to be honest, he seemed pretty complimentary to Everton, saying how we deserved the draw and how well Pienaar and Anichebe played. Tim Sherwood is as thick as two planks though and they really need a decent co-commentator to replace Burley to compete with Sky. I agree with Beard about the profligacy part, I remember venting my disbelief at that comment to my Liverpool fan brother!

Edited by carlmc25

I realise this maybe slightly off topic but one of the stats that people are remembering from the game was the "Evertons starting eleven cost approx £26mil, only £2mil more than Fernando Torres alone"...

so would anybody be able to assemble a table that shows how much each current starting eleven costs within the premier league? Surely we must be near the bottom!? The likes of Tottenham, Villa and Sunderland must be pretty high!? This is why, In Moyes We Trust!

It was just a thought, if anyone has any time to kill :P I did try, damn google...

Edited by tenaciousj

Cost (in £) of Premier League starting XI's on the weekend of 17-18 January 2009, with their points accumulated and league position

1. Hull City: 5.3m, Points: 27, (9)

2. West Bromwich Albion: 11m, Points: 21, (20)

3. Stoke City: 12.5m, Points: 21, (19)

4. Wigan Athletic: 15.75m, Points: 31, (7)

5. Bolton Wanderers: 19.1m, Points: 23, (13)

6. Blackburn Rovers: 19.1m, Points: 21, (17)

7. Middlesbrough: 23.6m, Points: 21, (18)

8. West Ham United: 25m, Points: 29, (8)

9. Sunderland: 25.7m, Points: 23, (15)

10. Everton: 27m, Points: 36, (6)

11. Fulham: 29.8m, Points: 26, (10)

12. Arsenal: 34m, Points: 41, (5)

13. Portsmouth: 36.6m, Points: 24, (12)

14. Newcastle United: 42.05m, Points: 23, (14)

15. Aston Villa: 63.5m, Points: 44, (4)

16. Manchester City: 77.5m, Points: 25, (11)

17. Tottenham Hotspur: 83.9m, Points: 21, (16)

18. Manchester United: 88.05m, Points: 47, (1)

19. Liverpool: 89.3m, Points: 47, (2)

20. Chelsea: 111.5m, Points: 45, (3)

No matter what we say, the three biggest spenders are the top 3, go figure....

still proud that are whole team cost just 2m over torres' cost, that is some ridiculous shit...