IGNORED

We Will Smash The Rs!

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

since winning a few thousand quid last week against the RS :D

It is our divine rights to progress through to the next round which hence I am putting a huge bet on us smash the RS!

The RS are a complete joke and a laughing of English football. And our squad is much better then theirs and I am not talking about the price, I am talking about quality and the below is evident. He is our comparison and who is better in bold.

Howard V Reina

Lescott v Arleboa

Hibbert v Carragher

Jagielka v Agger

Baines v Dossana

P.Neville v Alonso

Fellaini v Maskerano

Arteta v Rira

Cahill v Gerrard

Osman v Kuyt

Saha v Torres

And yes of course Cahill is better then Gerrard. Cahill has more quality, strength and flair compared to Gerrard

We do seem to have a good squad compared to them, but its still going to be tough. Fernando Torres had been played well of late, and that backhell pass proved it. Louis Saha is injured, so he won't be at the same fitness ar Torres and even if he was it would take a lot to beat him. The other one is Jamie Carragher, I think thats a place in which they beat us. Jamie's a lot better than Hibbert IMO. But on paper we seem to have a good team against them. Would welcome a win :)

Fellaini v Maskerano

Mascherano ;)

Edited by dark

since winning a few thousand quid last week against the RS :D

It is our divine rights to progress through to the next round which hence I am putting a huge bet on us smash the RS!

The RS are a complete joke and a laughing of English football. And our squad is much better then theirs and I am not talking about the price, I am talking about quality and the below is evident. He is our comparison and who is better in bold.

You dont half sound like a R/S. Talk of divine right is their style not ours. Maybe there was a mix up in the maternity ward when you were born.

I think someone has been taking drugs.

They are better than us.

Howard V Reina

Lescott v Arleboa

Hibbert v Carragher

Jagielka v Agger

Baines v Dossana

P.Neville v Alonso

Fellaini v Maskerano

Arteta v Rira

Cahill v Gerrard

Osman v Kuyt

Saha v Torres

I've highlighted who I think is the better player. That 5 blues against 6 reds. I wasn't sure about Howard vs Reina though. This would suggest its quite close - drop Osman and put Pienaar against Kuyt and I think on paper we are about the same.

To condradict myself I still think they are better (and have a subs bench).

Good 11 players but they wouldnt work as a team.

.........................reina...........................

carragher .... jagielka ...lescott ... baines

kuyt .. fellaini .. gerrard .. alonso .. arteta

....................... torres .........................

but after looking at that 4-5-1 line-up maybe it would. :)

I think someone has been taking drugs.

They are better than us.

Howard V Reina

Lescott v Arleboa

Hibbert v Carragher

Jagielka v Agger

Baines v Dossana

P.Neville v Alonso

Fellaini v Maskerano

Arteta v Rira

Cahill v Gerrard

Osman v Kuyt

Saha v Torres

I've highlighted who I think is the better player. That 5 blues against 6 reds. I wasn't sure about Howard vs Reina though. This would suggest its quite close - drop Osman and put Pienaar against Kuyt and I think on paper we are about the same.

To condradict myself I still think they are better (and have a subs bench).

You honestly think Fellaini is better than the Monster Masch?

Disagree with most of them but then I'm a red of course.

Although I'd say Osman is better than Kuyt. <_<

Guest Reg Reagan
We do seem to have a good squad compared to them, but its still going to be tough. Fernando Torres had been played well of late, and that backhell pass proved it. Louis Saha is injured, so he won't be at the same fitness ar Torres and even if he was it would take a lot to beat him. The other one is Jamie Carragher, I think thats a place in which they beat us. Jamie's a lot better than Hibbert IMO. But on paper we seem to have a good team against them. Would welcome a win :)

Mascherano ;)

Your saying Carragher is better then Hibbert? :lol:

You dont half sound like a R/S. Talk of divine right is their style not ours. Maybe there was a mix up in the maternity ward when you were born.

it is our divine rights to progress through to the next round and it always has been our divine rights to beat liverpool

Reg , how many beers have you had ? :lol:

quite too many... im going to head off to Liverpool hospital for a liver transplant

whos monster masch?

Yes I think he is a more complete midfielder.

Would be interested in your take on that list if you disagree with most of it...

Okay I'll have a go. And yes, I'm 100% biased:

Howard V Reina - Reina is one of the few excellent signings by Benitez. Not the very best but still better than the overrated Cech in my opinion. Plus he's won the golden glove four years in a row or something.

Lescott v Arbeloa - Lescott edges it but I do like Arby.

Hibbert v Carragher - Carragher because I have man love for him but uh...

Jagielka v Agger - Jags is a superb defender but technically I think Agger is better. This is one I'd waver on but my inner red made me pick Dagger.

Baines v Dossena - Dossena is an alright winger but a pants left back. Baines is better.

P.Neville v Alonso - Alonso is our best player at the moment.

Fellaini v Mascherano - I'll say it IS close but I think that Arteta and Cahill are both more important for you. Mascherano makes us a different team.

Arteta v Riera - I really like Riera but Arteta is on his day world class.

Cahill v Gerrard - I kind of have to say Stevie. Plus I can't stand Tim Cahill.

Osman v Kuyt - Kuyt works hard but Osman is a better player, simple as.

Saha v Torres - I won't explain why.

We agreed on more than I thought actually but feel free to argue.

Personally I'd play Skrtel in the first team and move Insua ahead of Dossena. Insua is much better.

I don't see the above as our strongest team at all.

Guest Reg Reagan
...Yes :mellow:

so how is carragher a better player then hibbert? carragher has scored more own goals then any defender that i know and if carragher was at our club... he will be nothing but a bench warmer for our reserve team

Guest efctaxi
so how is carragher a better player then hibbert? carragher has scored more own goals then any defender that i know and if carragher was at our club... he will be nothing but a bench warmer for our reserve team

If you say so Reg :P

Based on reffing Reg is quite correct:

If Hibbert commits a foul against the RS anywhere near the area, that a penalty and red card.

If Carragher commits a foul against us anywhere on the field, that's our player's fault and no foul is awarded.

Hence the match officials' verdict is that Carragher wins.

Guest efctaxi
Based on reffing Reg is quite correct:

If Hibbert commits a foul against the RS anywhere near the area, that a penalty and red card.

If Carragher commits a foul against us anywhere on the field, that's our player's fault and no foul is awarded.

Hence the match officials' verdict is that Carragher wins.

Based on a Chocolate and Banana Sundae eating contest , he'd probably be correct too , but where does the effing reffing ( couldn't resist ) come into how good a player is ?

Carragher has had quite a career both with Liverpool and England (25 caps) and is rated by many as being the heart and soul of the reds along with Gerrard . He also overcame a broken leg at one stage . Comparing the 2 guys is silly , but to say he wouldn't get a place in the squad is a tad disrespectful to a fine player . I like Hibbert , and respect his services to the club , but I'm not sure I would refuse a swap if the chance arose .

The rs suck, let's face it. The only talented player they have is Gerrard, everyone else is distinctly average.

And toe to toe i'd line it up like this:

Pepe Reina vs Tim Howard - Only because Reina has indeed won the golden glove so many times, and Howard while able to make some outstanding stops, rarely has any work to do lately and so should be stopping the ones that do get through ala Van Persie's volley. :angry:

Andrea Dossena vs Leighton Baines - Baines obviously. No argument.

Alvaro Arbeloa vs Joleon Lescott - Lescott by a country mile.

Jamie Carragher vs Tony Hibbert - They don't play in the same position but Carragher is as solid as they come. I still wouldn't have him on the squad but he does the job for them on the rare occasions that they do get attacked.

Daniel Agger vs Phil Jagielka - No contest, whoever says Agger is better than Jagielka is full of shit. Jagielka has been, unequivocally, the single best defender in the premiership, nay in the country. He is playing at an incredible level and has made our defense what it is. Put him in any of the big 4 squad's and he'll be their best defender hands down.

Xabi Alonso vs Phil Neville - Alonso gets it because he is one of the best passers of the ball in the world. As far as work ethic goes Neville has him beat but Neville gives the ball away too often, something Alonso very rarely does.

Javier Mascherano vs Maruoane Fellaini - and Fellaini will only get better....... :P

Albert Riera vs Mikel Arteta - Again, no contest.

Tim Cahill vs Steven Gerrard - They cancel each other out. For the goals they score, the positioning, the ball winning, the command and the presence and the ability to change the tide of a game, they both operate at the same level. Although there are those that disagree....

Dirk Kuyt vs Leon Osman - "Kuyt's a workhorse, he does so much" I've heard so many pony redshite fans havering about Kuyt when face it, the man is a plank. Yes he scores goals sometimes, so does everyone. :rolleyes:

Fernando Torres vs Louis Saha - He only gets it for previous form. Hiring John Goodman as a body double is clearly not working out <_<

Without Gerrard though, the whole thing falls to pieces, whilst the red shite haven't dealt with this side before, not only are we on form and playing out of our skin but shockingly Pienaar isn't in that lineup, and neither is Yobo or Yakubu. To be honest, if we had all our players fit we would have taken both games. No fit strikers and no Fellaini and we got two draws, let's see what happens at Goodison B)

Edited by The Regulator

Without Gerrard though, the whole thing falls to pieces, whilst the red shite haven't dealt with this side before, not only are we on form and playing out of our skin but shockingly Pienaar isn't in that lineup, and neither is Yobo or Yakubu. To be honest, if we had all our players fit we would have taken both games. No fit strikers and no Fellaini and we got two draws, let's see what happens at Goodison B)

Well spotted. I'm not sure the difference Yobo would make, as his injury seems to be giving Lescott a new lease of life with Jags and Baines is starting to blossom at LB as we all thought he would given the chance. We are definitely missing the Yak though, his sheer power, pace and finishing is a big loss.

However, Pienaar has been possibly our most dangerous player for some time. I admit, that when Arteta is on fire he is scorching, but he does tend to drift in and out of games and blows hot and cold. Piennar has been consistently outstanding and has a brilliant work ethic. He is quite happy getting stuck in on the 18 yard box as he is attacking down the wings. His play making blows me away and with his age, I think he will become one of the premierships outstanding playmakers.

Guest Reg Reagan
Carragher has had quite a career both with Liverpool and England (25 caps) and is rated by many as being the heart and soul of the reds along with Gerrard . He also overcame a broken leg at one stage . Comparing the 2 guys is silly , but to say he wouldn't get a place in the squad is a tad disrespectful to a fine player . I like Hibbert , and respect his services to the club , but I'm not sure I would refuse a swap if the chance arose .

Carragher is shit, ask every football fan and they say he is shit.

Gerrard is a poor man cahill and shitter then lampard

Yakubu and Louis Saha are twice the times better strker then torres.

I am guaranteed to win £1700 tonight :D