IGNORED

Goodison Park

eddie blue

i had an open mind on moving from goodison but after wednesday, no new stadium,could generate such passion and atmosphere,it was awesome, it is now unique and we have to preserve it.it is truly a special place,there is not another ground left in the premiership that can generate such emotion,i think we have to accept that goodison is our spiritual home improve it,preserve it, keep it. a magical stadium,a truly special place which i think brings us all together as one. COYB :D:D:D

A very emotional post, but also very true Street End.

It would cost less to upgrade Goodison to a 50.000 stadium than it would to move to Kirkby, it's a no brainer really, but the people who run our club have no brains.

All studies so far are quite the opposite.

You cannot simply "upgrade" Goodison, it needs to be rebuilt.

I stated that in my previous post Mike .............. ;)

I was interrupted mid-post by the good lady to some manly duties Bill (not that...I'd have been back sooner) :P . When I started your post wasn't there.

But the rise in costings for Kirkby (costed last year? 2007 at a stretch maybe?) would be significantly less than rises covering the last nine years :) .

if the expansion is for more boxes and more seats - knock down the park end. build a two tier stand, stick boxes across the middle of it.

short term solution, could be done in under two years, could even use the base as the lower tier, build backwards and upwards from it. what does it hold now? about 6-8,000? could easily make that up to 15,000 with a modern two tier stand. then there is less rush to build up anything else. slowly buy up land around the ground and take expansion one step at a time, every five years or so.

The beginning of the 1st video is bloody awful.

I have always liked the idea of a fancy hotel in a tower design as part of the stadium, would be better in one of the corners so the club could sell some of the rooms like corporate boxes or even pitch view restaurants. The rest of the design in the videos I am not overly keen on and at times I felt dizzy because the camera was going round and round and round....

No matter how good it would seem to redevelop Goodison I just do not see it happening without heavy investment, which is a shame.

My understanding is the new structure is built behind the existing one and during the summer months the one near the pitch is either taken down and rebuilt or modified to mingle with the new one.

Louis, the only way this could be done is us waiting until the Shite moved to their new stadium with us taking up a temporary residence at Analfield.........................................could the council sort that one out....................................not a chance as they have their combined heads rammed up their combined arseholes :angry::angry:

I havent got sound so sorry if it actually say's this in the video...

but its on the same footprint and looks similar to the current layout.... so 40k seats maybe? is that right?

Im not really to impressed either...... nice ideas but sadly still essentially just overlaying stuff on google maps....

I hope the move to kirkby comes off but if not we need something to happen sooner rather than later

I havent got sound so sorry if it actually say's this in the video...

but its on the same footprint and looks similar to the current layout.... so 40k seats maybe? is that right?

Im not really to impressed either...... nice ideas but sadly still essentially just overlaying stuff on google maps....

I hope the move to kirkby comes off but if not we need something to happen sooner rather than later

in the video it says it can go upto 65k. it covers bullens road i think, but im sure it covers goodison road. i do like it, but whether we can afford it im not sure. i dont like the hotel there, and i really dont see a hotel in walton doing well but if a hotel chain thinks it will and would invest then great, cant see it though.