IGNORED

Good Luck In The Cup Final, Toffees

Salfordian Manchester United fan here, just registered and not looking to cause an argument or to kiss arse, just to wish you all the best in the final, and I hope you don't mind. I have a few Toffee pals I've met on a friend of a friend basis who prove Mancs and Scousers can get along, and they'll be travelling down (ticketless) for the final just to experience the day. I hope you bring the cup back to the north-west - I remember the good grace you displayed when United won the league at Goodison in 2003 - and show Chelsea what being a proper club is about.

As I say, I'm not here to cosy up or patronise, just wish you well, and I hope you'll take it at face value. Have to say my experiences of Everton fans have been totally positive over the years; friendly and geniune, and the those I've got to know personally have confirmed that.

Best of luck at Wembley.

Guest efctaxi
By the way, how has Phil Neville done during his Goodison years? Is he generally liked by the support ?

Thanks for the kind words and congratulations on your Prem title .

Will be rooting for United against Barca and wish you success .

As for Neville , I can't speak for everyone , but what he lacks as a footballer ( not a critisism ) he makes up for very well as a leader . He's been a credit to all things blue in my eyes .

That's good, Phil's a genuinely decent bloke who gives his all. Not the best footballer in the world but certainly not the worst, and he has honesty and integrity about him.

To go off topic, but what a job Moyes has done on such a tight budget. Fifth again, he's worked miracles.

Thanks matey :) .

Phil's had his critics, not so much when he's played at right back, but his midfield performances have often been slated in the past.

This season though he's been a model of consistency....and his leadership and attitude are top class. Certainly won over virtually the whole fanbase (the odd exception still).

PS You are going to let Hull beat you aren't you? Please :) . Newcastle going down would round the season off nicely.

Don't know about letting Hull beat us, Mike O, and from a United point of view it doesn't matter; all thoughts turn to Rome. I'd love to be there but I can't afford it just now. Never mind, I'll be in a venue here in Mancsville, hoping for the cup to come back again.

It would be easy to dismiss to a newly registered United fan on this board as a anti-Liverpool arse licker, but your replies have confirmed my experiences of Evertonians as good guys. I always remember the two clubs having good relations ( pre Rooney transfer ) and that has since been confirmed via the Evertonians I know. Everton are always what I have regarded as a 'proper' football club, as are Liverpool, though dare I say that on here? You know what I mean :D

Edited by Salford6

Guest efctaxi
That's good, Phil's a genuinely decent bloke who gives his all. Not the best footballer in the world but certainly not the worst, and he has honesty and integrity about him.

To go off topic, but what a job Moyes has done on such a tight budget. Fifth again, he's worked miracles.

Moyes is a wonderful guy to have around Goodison , and both he and Kenwright work very well funds aside .

I won't take any adulation away from DM , but this year has been a very special year regarding the players themselves , and their attitude towards their role and responsibilities .

I'm sure the effect Moyes has on his players is an enormous percentage of our success , as well as the ability to seek out transfers that he feels compliment what is already there , but you can take a horse to water etc etc .

The players have had to cope with tremendous challenges , bestowed upon them through obvious causes , and the way they have stuck to the task has been admirable .

Cahill and Fellaini taking the forward positions , Baines and Pienaar commanding the left flank , Arteta running riot in the middle , Jags showing he is possibly the Prems biggest fullback revelation in a long time , Howard making the goal his , Nev holding it all together on the pitch , and the young lads stepping in when needed .

There have been so many individual efforts to make Everton a team it's been untrue , so yes , much of it is down to Moyes but no way could he take all the credit .

The proof is in the way other fans look at Everton too , which makes us proud to be an Everton fan in many ways .

Most teams fans with the exception of a little banter haven't got a bad word to say about us , which shows we must be heading in the right direction .

If only we can stay injury free next season , and iron out a few weaknesses with a few signings , we have a great chance to bring the good days back to the fans in style .

Guest efctaxi
David Moyes is my God. I have a shrine.

I'm strongly anticipating you quoting his 10 commandments :D

I wonder what they would be .............

Guest efctaxi
I would, but you must join the church to learn our secrets.

Oh and if you're coming on Friday nights, its Bring Your Own Paddle.

Had to lend mine to Newcastle :D

Wine and alter boys huh ? :lol:

thanks for your kind comments mate, always welcome... good luck in the cl final. I can see your team being too strong for barca, there defence just aint been tested yet, that is there weakness ;)

Regarding Neville, its as someone said earlier this season has defintely been one of his best, he has led by example, and again as a few have said what he lacks in football ability he more than makes up for leadership and knowledge on the football pitch :D

Thanks for your kind words manc, all the best to you in the C/L final which I think you'll cruise.

Keep getting up Bitrenez's arse, your helping to make the prat look the tosser he is and of course you are depressing the kopites brilliantly :D

No problem , fella, and as I say, I hope my comments aren't taken in an anti-Liverpool, condescending way. We Mancs are often mis-represented as arrogant gloryhunting southerners who lack soul, though Im sure real football fans know that to be far from the truth. It's the Toffees I've got to know personally who have prompted this thread, in conjunction with my own positive experiences of EFC fans, who seem to be one of the few clubs which appreciate the history and support of my own club. The behaviour of the Toffees in 2003 when United won the league is something rare, and though the Rooney transfer created some problems, you don't forget things like that. Yes we're both anti-Liverpool, but this is more about Everton than about them. Win the cup.

Yours in a non-patronising tone. What are the best and safest places for a Manc to get a pint in your part of the world ?

No problem , fella, and as I say, I hope my comments aren't taken in an anti-Liverpool, condescending way. We Mancs are often mis-represented as arrogant gloryhunting southerners who lack soul, though Im sure real football fans know that to be far from the truth. It's the Toffees I've got to know personally who have prompted this thread, in conjunction with my own positive experiences of EFC fans, who seem to be one of the few clubs which appreciate the history and support of my own club. The behaviour of the Toffees in 2003 when United won the league is something rare, and though the Rooney transfer created some problems, you don't forget things like that. Yes we're both anti-Liverpool, but this is more about Everton than about them. Win the cup.

Yours in a non-patronising tone. What are the best and safest places for a Manc to get a pint in your part of the world ?

Before a game or just visiting as we Merseysiders are a cosmopolitan society who tolerate most people other than fat arsed Spanish waiters who wear red :D

Before a game or just visiting as we Merseysiders are a cosmopolitan society who tolerate most people other than fat arsed Spanish waiters who wear red :D

Just thinking generally, mate. I've never been for a night out in Liverpool, even though it's only 30 miles down the road, because I've always been worried my accent would get me killed. I'm much more of a shrinking violet than your average Manc. Where is safe for for the likes of me ?

Guest efctaxi

Most of the City center nightlife is a mix , and accents are rarely noticed or cared about , and besides , the places are that loud anyway lol .

In Liverpool , just like Manchester , if you go looking for trouble then it will find you first , but if you act like a human being , then it's no different to any other place .

Most people are good people where ever you go .

Only the minority let themselves down . I don't drink much nowadays , but I am a taxi driver ;)

Most of the City center nightlife is a mix , and accents are rarely noticed or cared about , and besides , the places are that loud anyway lol .

In Liverpool , just like Manchester , if you go looking for trouble then it will find you first , but if you act like a human being , then it's no different to any other place .

Most people are good people where ever you go .

Only the minority let themselves down . I don't drink much nowadays , but I am a taxi driver ;)

You're gonna send me into a diehard LFC pub :lol:

Guest efctaxi
The Tommy Smith Arms here I come. Drinks for everyone :lol:

Lmao .

A lot of peeps I take from Halton tend to go up to Wood Street , Mathew Street areas etc , and none of them are Scousers ;)

A guy who I played guitar with 18 years ago ( yes I'm an old bar steward , but not as old as some here ) is the resident singer in a place called Woody's on Wood St and has the Fri-Sun gigs there .

Cheap beer if I remember correctly too .

Apparantly if you go to the games , most would advise you NOT to go near the Brick , especially with a Manc top on singing ' missed again... aha ' :lol:

Lmao .

A lot of peeps I take from Halton tend to go up to Wood Street , Mathew Street areas etc , and none of them are Scousers ;)

A guy who I played guitar with 18 years ago ( yes I'm an old bar steward , but not as old as some here ) is the resident singer in a place called Woody's on Wood St and has the Fri-Sun gigs there .

Cheap beer if I remember correctly too .

Apparantly if you go to the games , most would advise you NOT to go near the Brick , especially with a Manc top on singing ' missed again... aha ' :lol:

I would wear a cravat and put on my best Terry Thomas accent ! Always fancied Mathew Street due to the whole Beatles vibe, but have always feared trouble. Quiet pint and a good experience would do me. As a football anorak I'd like to sample Goodison before it goes. Are tickets easy to come by for most games ?

Edited by Salford6

welcome manc.

thanks for the kind words, and good luck in rome.

back to phil neville, the penalty in the semi would have got rid of his haters i think.

i love manchester, had a big one there last week myself.

if your heading to liverpool, go to concert square, then just keep on walking for 100 yrds or so, then enjoy. peacock, alma de cuba, mojo, heebeejeebees.

good times

everywhere mate. Liverpool is a top night out you will have no problems. I work in Salford every day and its true us and the united fans have a great relationship from the deals we have made between us which i am sure is due to Fergies relationship with Joe,Walter and Davey. I think you will do Barca quite comfortably and hope you do. Ive got a load of Utd mates and what i do know is that its a total joke to suggest all fans in Manchester are City fans. Ive worked around there for near 5 years and your all United fans ;)