IGNORED

Valente

Whats happened to him? Never on the bench, never hear anything about him. Is he leaving in the summer? I heard something about a knee injury, but he seems to have had that for a hell of a long time.

:S

Hes been out for the past 6 months with a bad knee injury and is just coming back to fitness now but his contract is up so probably wont see him in an Everton shirt again

I have got a sneaking suspicion that Valente may just get the 7th place on the bench. Will Moyes give the likes of Wallace and Jose a place on the bench?

With how long Valente has been out I know this goes against the approach Moyesie tends to take so I'm probably wrong on this one, just a feeling.

Such a shame, I always like Valente and thought that if he had not have had his injuries then he could he been one of our best players. I hope that he does get the last place on the bench but I don't know if that will happen now, his contract seems to be up (without renewal) so he could, like Van der Meyde jump ship. The best of luck to him wherever he goes, I was ecstatic when we signing him and hoped that he could bring so much more :(

I'd imagine Valente and VDM were on 'quite a lot' (£20-30k each?), so with their contracts up that could free up some much needed wage budget. Say we're talking £50k a week freed up by these contracts ending - 5 goslings/rodwell's on £10k a week or a valente and a VDM on £25k each?

Valente deserves a place on the bench, as a send off at least to be part of the winning team. He's a bit like Vaughan, wants to play and take part but always struck with injury.

I think one of the promoted sides could benefit from his experience certainly, however I wouldn't want him to stay on. He's 34, and I don't think handing him a one-year extension would progress the club or benefit him. He'd just play third choice to Baines and Lescott.

Good luck anyway Nuno, have a word with Moutinho on the way out would you ;)