IGNORED

Moyes' Former Mentor: Celtic Must Appoint Moyes

Celtic Legend Billy McNeill has opined that Celtic MUST go for Davie Moyes to replace Gordon Strachan, who resigned from the Celtic Manager’s job on Monday 25th May.

(What is it about ‘that’ date and Celtic history? - Ed)

Furthermore, Billy McNeill believes Davie Moyes would be tempted to journey on the one road to Paradise – if the personal terms and transfer budget were generous enough.

In his column in today’s Scottish Sun, the Captain of the Lisbon Lions wrote:

“Celtic don’t have to look too far for a new Manager – they must go for David Moyes. The Everton gaffer is the ideal replacement for Gordon Strachan, and Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell have to move now. I signed Moyes for Celtic almost 30 years ago and he is now a magnificent Manager who can return my beloved Club back to SPL supremacy and beyond.

I know he couldn’t be happier at Everton and I’m well aware he’s just one game – Saturday’s FA Cup Final – from winning their first major trophy for 14 years.

But I am convinced an offer on the table from Celtic would represent a powerful temptation for him. And providing the personal terms and transfer budget were generous, then I firmly believe he would take the job. Moyes has done such a marvellous job at Goodison, but even before that at Preston he was outstanding. Without question he is heading for even greater things – and I would be thrilled to see him at Celtic.”

Yeh!.......That's right David, you go to Celtic!

Your first season in charge, you will either be 1st or 2nd........the following season you will probably come in around 1st or 2nd........then maybe the next 1st or 2nd.........who know's the season after that you might just get winners or runners up medals!!!! :sleeping_02:

You'll have a mantle piece similar to Walter Smiths, loads of medals......but what did Walter do outside Scotland :lol:

Scotish football is a joke Davie, come second twice with Celtic and they will sack you anyway!!

Taking Everton to 5th place in the prem, is ten times harder than getting Celtic a top two finish, oh of course you could always win the Scottish cup......but then Everton ladies would probably reach the semi-final's of that compotition.

David, your challange, destiny even, is here with Everton..........starting on Saturday

I agree with Billy. Celtic must make an offer for David Moyes because of who he is, he has played for them and would no doubt get the SPL back with them and allow them to push for greater things in the Champions League. The thing that Celtic have forgotten is that Davey simple won't go. He has an FA Cup game against Chelsea to put his mind on and has said he wants silverware at this club. The mission is not over yet for him and I really doubt he would make a step down to manage Celtic up Scotland.