IGNORED

Are We Attractive?

I was thinking whilst looking through the threads hwo attrative are we compared to our rivals. Top 4 not included are we the most attractive club. My personal opinion is after the top 4 Man City with the money would be more attractive but then after them surely we are first. I also think you need to be a certain sort of player for moyes to be interested. thyat type being hardworking and a team mentality that is why I reckon we may not have gone for bentley. Although mbia;s attitude slightly worries me.

Guest efctaxi

Try and stay positive mate .

It's easy to get frustrated between seasons , and analyse our squad a little too much .

We're still in the midst of building a good team .

Our left side , and midfield when fit are working well , but the lack of creativity from the right hampers us somewhat .

With a few signings , we'll be playing decent flowing football .

A good defensive mid , right back , right wing , and a fit forward and we'll be almost there with a few backups .

I was thinking whilst looking through the threads hwo attrative are we compared to our rivals. Top 4 not included are we the most attractive club. My personal opinion is after the top 4 Man City with the money would be more attractive but then after them surely we are first. I also think you need to be a certain sort of player for moyes to be interested. thyat type being hardworking and a team mentality that is why I reckon we may not have gone for bentley. Although mbia;s attitude slightly worries me.

The way I see it there are 2 criteria for players to see a club as attractive or not: Money and level of football.

We have a more than decent level, but there is a big gap with the top 4

But the money isn't above average.

So i think Everton is in the middle of the attractivness table.

Definatly more attractive than Bolton, Birmingham, Burnley, Blackburn and Sunderland,...

But if West ham, Fulham, Tottenham, Portsmouth, Villa... offer a player more then we do financially, then that's going to make them more attractive than us.

I don't see Everton as attractive to foreign players. Despite Everton being a better team, I believe that foreign players consider Man City and Spurs as better prospects. Last year, I think Newcastle would have been considered a better club by some.

Villa are in the same boat as us, they're good but not considered a big team by foreign players.

I think foreign players look for ceryain criteria when looking at new teams:

Money

Street Cred

Stadium

Training facilities

Current 'names'

Manager

Ours would look like this: (out of 10)

Money - 3

Street Cred - 5

Stadium - 5

Training facilities - 11

Current 'names' - 7

Manager - 9

Total - 40/60

Uniteds, Chelsea's, Arsenals - late 50's

Spurs, (old) Newcastle, Villa - 40's

Wigan, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton - early 30's

Hull, Stoke, Burnly, - early 20's

Thats my opinion and agree with Louis

Edited by tenaciousj

Guest efctaxi
I think foreign players look for ceryain criteria when looking at new teams:

Money

Street Cred

Stadium

Training facilities

Current 'names'

Manager

Ours would look like this: (out of 10)

Money - 3

Street Cred - 5

Stadium - 5

Training facilities - 11

Current 'names' - 7

Manager - 9

Total - 40/60

Uniteds, Chelsea's, Arsenals - late 50's

Spurs, (old) Newcastle, Villa - 40's

Wigan, Fulham, Sunderland, Bolton - early 30's

Hull, Stoke, Burnly, - early 20's

Thats my opinion and agree with Louis

Everton have efctaxi .

Nuff said :lol:

Why do you think that is? Isn't it down to money again?

cos frankly liverpool is a shithole :P lol

I think Money pays a massive part in where a player goes and for others its about first team oppurtunity

we are attractive to a certain type but we dont throw massive wages around like other teams do

I think some of it is also going to depend on what country the player is from. For instance, I'd imagine that we'd probably be pretty attractive to a quality Nigerian player or American player, since players from those countries who play for us have a tendency to get noticed by their national teams, they'd have fellow countrymen to hang out with, and they'd get a nice wage bump (in most cases) over their old clubs. In contrast, we'd probably not be so attractive to a quality Russian player. We have no Russian players nor any real history with Russian players, and clubs like CSKA Moscow can already afford to pay higher wages than us anyway, so if you're a Russian national-teamer you can just hang out at CSKA or Dynamo making equal or better money than what we can offer and competing for Champions League football, until a wealthy club like Spurs or City or one of the Big Four comes calling for you.

Edited by JD in DC

One of our main problems is that we’re not as well know as other clubs in Europe.

Only in the last 4 seasons have we qualified for Europe (in how many years, 11?) an only 1 out the 3(4th being this time) have we done well in Europe.

It’s easy to say without the top 4 but we are stuck with the current top 4 an with them being in the Champs league (which is what all players want to play in)

we struggle to beat them for players.

So we have to compete first off with the top 4, who are:

A in a better Europe comp then us, better known then us (as a European side)

B Pay more money than us

C has more chance of winning stuff then us.

Then you got the London clubs. A lot of players want to go to London; also they pay bigger wages then us.

Finally u got the likes of Man City who have money 2 burn and will offer players stupid wages.

To be more attractive to players, we have 2 continue to push the top 4 and qualify 4 Europe as well as do well in Europe.

For me, Everton are the equivilant to (in recent years):

Fiorentina in Seria A - Last standings:

2004/05 16rd

2005/06 9th

2006/07 5th

2007/08 4th

2008/09 4th

Villarreal in La Liga - Last standings:

2002/03 15th

2003/04 8th

2004/05 3rd

2005/06 7th

2006/07 5th

2007/08 2nd

2008/09 5th

Everton in Premier League - Last standings:

2002/03 7th

2003/04 17th

2004/05 4th

2005/06 11th

2006/07 6th

2007/08 5th

2008/09 5th

All have a good history, an old'er' stadium and loyal fan base...they all have a very good team ethic with some individuals who can be class on their day aswell.

2004/05 16rd

2005/06 9th

2006/07 5th

2007/08 4th

2008/09 4th

2002/03 15th

2003/04 8th

2004/05 3rd

2005/06 7th

2006/07 5th

2007/08 2nd

2008/09 5th

2002/03 7th

2003/04 17th

2004/05 4th

2005/06 11th

2006/07 6th

2007/08 5th

2008/09 5th

All have a good history, an old'er' stadium and loyal fan base...they all have a very good team ethic with some individuals who can be class on their day aswell.

Hello from Florence, Italy

sorry If I break into your discussion but...

As a Fiorentina fan, I'm very happy to be compared to Everton. It is a great honour because you have a great history and great fans.

thanx to our uefa cup meeting 2 yrs ago, I had the chance to appreciate your supporting. I have never heard so much noise like I experienced at Goodison when you won 2-0 but we took the qualification after the pen. shootout, and many other Fiorentina fans think the same.

I wish you good luck for this season: we finished 4th for the second consecutive time and it is a huge achievement because, like Everton, Fiorentina doesnt have the tansfert budget of the top 4 (AC milan, As Roma, Inter Milan and the scum: sorry but I dont write the name of the balck -white club from turin)

so, lets hope you can do the same this year.

sorry for my english and sorry for our terrible bad stadium where you had the disgrace to come 2 yrs ago... we would like to have a new one but here in Italy it is not easy to change for burocracy and bad politics and we dont know when it will be possible....

As a Fiorentina fan, I'm very happy to be compared to Everton. It is a great honour because you have a great history and great fans.

thanx to our uefa cup meeting 2 yrs ago, I had the chance to appreciate your supporting. I have never heard so much noise like I experienced at Goodison when you won 2-0 but we took the qualification after the pen. shootout, and many other Fiorentina fans think the same.

I wish you good luck for this season: we finished 4th for the second consecutive time and it is a huge achievement because, like Everton, Fiorentina doesnt have the tansfert budget of the top 4 (AC milan, As Roma, Inter Milan and the scum: sorry but I dont write the name of the balck -white club from turin)

sorry for my english and sorry for our terrible bad stadium where you had the disgrace to come 2 yrs ago... we would like to have a new one but here in Italy it is not easy to change for burocracy and bad politics and we dont know when it will be possible....

Firstly, your English is very good, excellent in fact, so there is no need to appologise. I would be interested to know who else in here can speak Italian that well. (I know I can't)

I think for Everton to be compared to Fiorentina and vice versa is a good thought. Fiorentina are a top quality club with a good history, and a pleasure to watch.

I understand your reluctance to spell out the name of the club (Who wear black and white because a past owner liked the shirts worn by Newcastle United .... who have just been relegated again) We have similar reluctance over a clup across the park who have the audacity to play in Everton's old stadium....(Liverpool FC if you are unsure of who I mean)

All in all you are very welcome here and it is nice to meet a real fan from Italy.... (as opposed to a Real fan because they are Spanish and upset Manchester United... which is not an altogether bad thing) :lol:

Didn't Fiorentina go brankcrupt, got demoted to the 4th Divsion, then changed there name, then got promted twice in the same season an went bk as Fiorentina?

2004/05 16rd

2005/06 9th

2006/07 5th

2007/08 4th

2008/09 4th

2002/03 15th

2003/04 8th

2004/05 3rd

2005/06 7th

2006/07 5th

2007/08 2nd

2008/09 5th

2002/03 7th

2003/04 17th

2004/05 4th

2005/06 11th

2006/07 6th

2007/08 5th

2008/09 5th

these two teams do look similar to everton, but there is a massive difference. they have broken into the top 4 multiple times in recent history as well as villareal finishing runner up. two seasons of opportunity to sign players because of champions league football is massive, and we just don't have, and won't easily get that sought after 4th spot.

Edited by timmyboy17

I understand your reluctance to spell out the name of the club (Who wear black and white because a past owner liked the shirts worn by Newcastle United .... who have just been relegated again) We have similar reluctance over a clup across the park who have the audacity to play in Everton's old stadium....(Liverpool FC if you are unsure of who I mean)

sorry, im a bad one for details, it was notts county.

but, on topic, i dont think we are as attractive as champions league, london or manchester clubs.

Edited by StevO

I think we are a much more attractive club now, especially for young players, hard working players and players with integrity. I think the club, the chairman, the manager and the current players show a degree of unity and honesty - almost a case of 'how it should be done'.

OK, we may not be as attractive to good players who want the top money or the razzamataz of the London scene - but I am not bothered - If a certain player would rather sign for Man City, Spurs or West Ham then to me he doesn't appreciate what the current Everton club is about - so it is probabley better he doesn't come.

I now think that Everton have a strong identity in the Premership that has slowly built over the last few years - we are definately an attractive club now, but maybe more importantly we are attractive for the right reasons, and hopefully we will attract the right type of players.

I am very proud to be an Everton supporter at the moment

I think we are a much more attractive club now, especially for young players, hard working players and players with integrity. I think the club, the chairman, the manager and the current players show a degree of unity and honesty - almost a case of 'how it should be done'.

OK, we may not be as attractive to good players who want the top money or the razzamataz of the London scene - but I am not bothered - If a certain player would rather sign for Man City, Spurs or West Ham then to me he doesn't appreciate what the current Everton club is about - so it is probabley better he doesn't come.

I now think that Everton have a strong identity in the Premership that has slowly built over the last few years - we are definately an attractive club now, but maybe more importantly we are attractive for the right reasons, and hopefully we will attract the right type of players.

I am very proud to be an Everton supporter at the moment

You might was well have said your attractive to unicorns, mate...

Didn't Fiorentina go brankcrupt, got demoted to the 4th Divsion, then changed there name, then got promted twice in the same season an went bk as Fiorentina?

thank you to everybody for welcoming me in your forum.

yes it is correct. we went bankrupt in august 2002. The old AC Fiorentina died and we should have started a new life from non league divisions. But , as I already told in my previous post, Italy is a very strange country: the italian federation avoided bankrupt many times for AS Roma and SS Lazio: they had much more debts than us (they still have) but they were always saved. We went bankrupt and, honestly, it was the right decision, but the italian football federation wanted to give us a bonus, probably to compensate the difference with roman clubs, that can buy players thanks to the banks: so, we had the chance to start from the 4th league instead of some semi-professional divisions. We had to change name into FLORENTIA VIOLA but, after just 1 year nobody in this strange country seemed to care about our name and they allowed us to take our original name and all our trophies (not soo many... B) ) back home. We are now ACF FIORENTINA , there is just 1 F more than before and I still have to understand what this added F means! :D the year of the 4th league was very exciting: we played in very small towns and once, in a terrible december sunday, we had to help the local club stewards to take the snow out of the pitch :D very poor football but I was proud of my club anyway...

similair situations happened to Napoli, Palermo, Torino. They just changed something (for example, the original AC Torino is now FC Torino) and they avoided to start from non-leagues...

this is italy, the best place in the world to stay ....on holiday.... <_<

Only the white-black club from Turin will never have financial problems ( they are owned by FIAT car , the most protected and powerful business of the country). Honestly, they have many things in common with your neighbours across the park: fans everywhere, (from norway too eh eh) but not so many in Turin, which is traditionally the city of TORINO.

I believe that we are quite attractive atm. Well, those most creediest moneygrabbers aint interested about us, but im just happy about it. We have young team wich has been build under same manager, who also has been awarded in premiership and is said on papers that he can make good results with low budjet and is also said that can make youngster develop in their career aswell. And that EFC is trying also to push top 4. Also we play now regularly in Europe..

Yes, I would say we are very attractive for them who are interested of playing in EPL but cant get a place in top four

why did you get a double promtion thought in one season?

Very complicated to explain for my english...in few words: another compensation... another shame for our football and it was not the last one... just few years later we had the big scandal of referees better known as CALCIOPOLI.

and there are still people here wondering why serie A is less attractive than premierleague and liga!

we have to build a new good reputation.... and the lucky victory in the world cup 2006 cant cancel this situation.