IGNORED

Financial Results

Romey 1878

http://www.evertonfc...sults+Announced

A top five Premier League finish and a double appearance at Wembley Stadium in season 2008/09 all contributed to positive financial results for the year ended May 31 2009.

The Everton Football Club Company has posted its year-end results with a 5.3% increase in turnover, mainly as a result of broadcasting income and gate receipts.

Revenue generated from the sale of match tickets and corporate hospitality rose to £21.9 million whilst the cash received from television was up £2 million to £48.6 million, reflecting a record number of 17 live televised Premier League games involving Everton.

Turnover overall increased £4 million to £79.7 million, which is a new Company record. However, this was offset somewhat by the increase in the wage bill to £49.1 million – a rise from 59% to 62% as a proportion of turnover.

As a result of the increased turnover, and further investment in the playing squad, the Company posted an operating profit excluding player trading of £6.3 million. The inclusion of the amortisation of players’ registrations of £13 million gave rise to an overall operating loss of £6.7 million.

Chairman Bill Kenwright said in his statement to shareholders: “Our wonderful FA Cup run quite possibly deflected attention from what was another hugely-satisfying Premier League campaign.

“To again finish fifth in what remains Europe’s toughest and most unforgiving league was a magnificent achievement – one which guaranteed another European campaign which continued the steady progress which has hall-marked David Moyes’ tenure as manager.

“Maintaining our progress, continuing to punch above our weight if you like, will be very difficult but I stand by my assertion that we have a manager who will go down as one of our all time greats and a squad of players that is amongst our very best over the last two decades.

“As has always been the case, David was fully supported by myself and by my fellow Board members. He remains the single, most important figure at the Club and we all strive – on a daily basis – to provide him with the tools he believes are necessary if we are to continue to evolve and develop into a genuine, meaningful force within both English and European football.”

hey dude, i read that before but what does it mean?! bare in mind, youre dealing with someone whose own financial knowledge about his own accounts is crap. really crap. to the extent that if no money comes out of the wall when i ask for it, thats when i know ive got no more money left....

can anyone break this down to simple terms?

It means despite receiving £22m for a Klingon and not spending all of it we still lost £7m.

It means that if we didn't receive the money for the afore mentioned we wouldnt have been able to buy any new players and would actually be in a worse position.

Scary.

dammit... this is what i thought! I was hoping my dire understanding of business finances was steering me wrong but apparently not. Still, ive obviously learnt something!

I think its more or less what was expected, but as mentioned above Lescott and the incoming transfers wont be counted until next years accounts. I think a large chunk of the additional wages is down to Moyes' new contract and Felli signing. Add this to the fact we didnt get rid of VDM and maybe Valente til the summer, who would have had fairly high wages.

Without looking at the full accounts I would guess by what Kenwright said that the FA Cup is included, or at least most of it.

This basically means that if we didnt have to buy players we would have made 6.7mil which is pretty good IMO and is more than last year as was explained in the article supporting it. Im not sure how much other clubs are making, but if its improved on last year then it cant be a bad thing.

Players in:

2 Feb 2009 Jô Alves Manchester City Loan

1 Sep 2008 Marouane Fellaini Standard Liege (Bel) £12.9M

1 Sep 2008 Carlo Nash Wigan Athletic No Fee

1 Sep 2008 Louis Saha Manchester United Undisclosed

28 Aug 2008 Segundo Castillo Red Star Belgrade No Fee

25 Aug 2008 Lars Jacobsen Released [by Nuremberg] No Fee

Players out:

29 Jun 2009 Lars Jacobsen Blackburn Rovers No Fee

12 Jun 2009 Segundo Castillo Red Star Belgrade Loan Ended

12 Jun 2009 Andy van der Meyde Released No Fee

12 Jun 2009 Nuno Valente Released No Fee