IGNORED

World Cup Qualifiers

England look more relaxed - usually relaxes me into a coma watching them - and playing well. I've said it before, but it's pointless having the oldies playing.

Anyhow my accum is going well just Italy and Belgium not winning atm, £10 donation to TT if it comes in :)

• Bulgaria v ItalyItaly @ 8/13
  • Wales v BelgiumBelgium @ 4/5
  • Moldova v EnglandEngland @ 3/10
  • Netherlands v TurkeyNetherlands @ 2/5
  • Finland v FranceFrance @ 4/7
  • Kazakhstan v Republic of IrelandRepublic of Ireland @ 4/6
  • Russia v Northern IrelandRussia @ 1/6

Mertens is rubbish. Belgium must have a better left him than him (or striker and put Mirallas on the left).

We do, there's many options but noone dares to see further than the end of their nose, everyone is blinded by the godchild that is Hazard and Mertens is basically a 2nd grade version of him. Both of them wouldn't be in my lineup if I was the manager. Even Robben is less obvious cutting inwards to goal, that says a lot.

[

We do, there's many options but noone dares to see further than the end of their nose, everyone is blinded by the godchild that is Hazard and Mertens is basically a 2nd grade version of him. Both of them wouldn't be in my lineup if I was the manager. Even Robben is less obvious cutting inwards to goal, that says a lot.

He was our only dangerous player today. And our best player against Holland.

Can he even use his left foot? Them curled shots cutting in on his right were dreadful. Always took an extra touch too many as well.

He offered no service to Mirallas in the first half because he was too busy glory hunting instead of passing the ball forward. The only danger was for the fans sitting behind the goal.

He offered no service to Mirallas because he was playing against 3 of Wales' big centre backs which he simply cannot do. He didn't win a single physical battle with them, there was no room to get in behind them as they were all defending in their own box, so he was rightly subbed off. Shouldn't even have started as the main striker. We tried something similar against England (with Hazard as the striker) and it didn't work then either. Mertens gave the assist for the 0-1 btw.

From BBC

49:00 After penning Wales in and around their box for about four minutes, Belgium finally take a shot, though they've have been better off waiting till they created a clearer opportunity, as Mertens' effort from a tight angle posed no difficulty to Myhill.

55:00 Mertens has seen plenty of the ball wide on the left but seldom done well enough with it. This time, however, he sends in a fine cross towards Lukaku, whose header is deflected behind by Matthews.

Mertens is Belgium's weakest player, Wales let him have the ball so much because he weren't a threat. He should have been playing the ball on the floor or putting low crosses in, but most his crosses were shots, awful shots that were never going in.

From BBC

49:00 After penning Wales in and around their box for about four minutes, Belgium finally take a shot, though they've have been better off waiting till they created a clearer opportunity, as Mertens' effort from a tight angle posed no difficulty to Myhill.

55:00 Mertens has seen plenty of the ball wide on the left but seldom done well enough with it. This time, however, he sends in a fine cross towards Lukaku, whose header is deflected behind by Matthews.

Mertens is Belgium's weakest player, Wales let him have the ball so much because he weren't a threat. He should have been playing the ball on the floor or putting low crosses in, but most his crosses were shots, awful shots that were never going in.

Goes to show how little you know of either.

Goes to show how little you know of either.

Fellaini, Hazard, Dembele, Mirallas, Defour (if fit), Nainggolan, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Witsel, and Ofoe (and I've only seen youtube vids of this one).

I'd have the first 5 in the first team, and the other 5 in the squad, add to that Kompany, Vermalaen, Vertonghen, and Courtois. Mertens is a Pienaar type of player gets credit when he's done feck all.

Easy day at the office for England, made sure that there were no upsets and came away with a vital 3 points to kick off the qualifiers, just watched Scotland too (0-0 with Serbia) and they were fucking woeful. Naismith was lucky to stay on the field too after an off-the-ball elbow on one of the Serbia nippers.

Easy day at the office for England, made sure that there were no upsets and came away with a vital 3 points to kick off the qualifiers, just watched Scotland too (0-0 with Serbia) and they were fucking woeful. Naismith was lucky to stay on the field too after an off-the-ball elbow on one of the Serbia nippers.

should have scored as well.

Fellaini, Hazard, Dembele, Mirallas, Defour (if fit), Nainggolan, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Witsel, and Ofoe (and I've only seen youtube vids of this one).

I'd have the first 5 in the first team, and the other 5 in the squad, add to that Kompany, Vermalaen, Vertonghen, and Courtois. Mertens is a Pienaar type of player gets credit when he's done feck all.

Mertens has been better for Belgium than any of those in the last two years, bar Witsel.

Mertens has been better for Belgium than any of those in the last two years, bar Witsel.

Most of them are younger than him so wouldn't of developed enough, yet have more caps and thats with a lot of games missed due to injuries. They'd be more worried fans if Fellaini, Witsel or Hazard got injured. Mertens being present in the last 2 years is probs why Belgium didn't qualify for the Euro's.

do you watch all the belgium games pete?

Not all, I'd say 7 in the last 2 years which is about half (Mertens probs played in 5 of them). Don't usually pay attention to individual players* but he stood out for being wasteful.

*small screen so watch the general play only know what players what when I take notice of something they've done really well, or really shit at.

Not all, I'd say 7 in the last 2 years which is about half (Mertens probs played in 5 of them). Don't usually pay attention to individual players* but he stood out for being wasteful.

*small screen so watch the general play only know what players what when I take notice of something they've done really well, or really shit at.

Well, I think most Belgian fans and journalists would agree that he's been one of our best players, while Hazard hasn't even played a single good game for us so I don't think a lot of Belgians would be too worried if he were to miss a game, but I bet you know that if you've seen 7 of our games in recent years. Also, I don't think that many are too crazy about Fellaini either. Some of the leading footy journalists in Belgium (like Filip Joos and Frank Raes) even think he should be on the bench. Mertens, Witsel and Kompany have without a doubt been our standout players in the Euro 2012 qualifiers.

Well, I think most Belgian fans and journalists would agree that he's been one of our best players, while Hazard hasn't even played a single good game for us so I don't think a lot of Belgians would be too worried if he were to miss a game, but I bet you know that if you've seen 7 of our games in recent years. Also, I don't think that many are too crazy about Fellaini either. Some of the leading footy journalists in Belgium (like Filip Joos and Frank Raes) even think he should be on the bench. Mertens, Witsel and Kompany have without a doubt been our standout players in the Euro 2012 qualifiers.

yeah but they're not pete :shaking fist: