IGNORED

World Cup Qualifiers

Well, I think most Belgian fans and journalists would agree that he's been one of our best players, while Hazard hasn't even played a single good game for us so I don't think a lot of Belgians would be too worried if he were to miss a game, but I bet you know that if you've seen 7 of our games in recent years. Also, I don't think that many are too crazy about Fellaini either. Some of the leading footy journalists in Belgium (like Filip Joos and Frank Raes) even think he should be on the bench. Mertens, Witsel and Kompany have without a doubt been our standout players in the Euro 2012 qualifiers.

Non of the attacking Belgium players have stood out, and you believing Mertens and is tally of 1 goal sort of backs that up, he's the Belgium Pienaar huffs and puffs then gets praised when he's contributed no more than anyone else. Some great defenders, but too rigid. The players don't have much of an understanding between each other.

Know a few saints fans with living down here, and they all rate Lallana very highly, and he's very versatile but the other 2 are a joke, Sterling is 17 and there must be a few U21 ahead of him surely, and Livermore has started a few games for Spurs under AVB. I feel sorry for the likes of Osman, also that Dyer that plays for Swansea surely deserves a call up ahead of Livermore, i think Hodgson's reign is already showing the early signs of being exactly as predictable as Eriksson and Cappello, just look at the other night, back to the Gerrard/Lampard nonsense.

England will always be the same until the structure and culture of the FA changes imo

Edited by theprisoner

Belgium certainly have a wealth of great players, but they just don't play very good football. Or is that just me? Aimless long balls, no control of midfield, lack of fluency between each third.

Take your word for it....I'm going with the self flaggelation that is watching Englandsad.png .