IGNORED

World Cup Qualifiers

one of those that you'd be annoyed if it wasn't given for you but annoyed if it was given against you..if you get the kind i mean? welbeck has chipped it past the player and it's hit his arm...looked like england should've had one couple minutes earlier too

scratch that..they shouldn't have..welbeck looked to dive

Jelavic started the game. Didn't really see much of the ball. When Defour lost possession in a dangerous area, a Croat tried to send Jelavic through on goal, but the keeper was on the ball first.

Fellaini got subbed into the game. Didn't really impact the game either.

They're saving themselves - big game on Monday! You're forgetting Mirallas too...

Was only an average player....quite how he's become ITV's football oracle is beyond me....not an original opinion in his brain.

Don't want to start any unfounded gossip here, but looking at his wikipedia page it suggests that, at forty-nine, he's what was used to be called a "confirmed bachelor".

Are there any rumours that he plays for James McFadden's team?

I never realised Lallana & Sterling where called up for the England squad til I saw them on the bench. How ridiculous... Sterling looks like he has quality but he has played maybe 1 or 2 games in the Prem, Lallana is ok but again has only played 3 games in the Prem and hasnt exactly done much yet! As I have said before Livermore is very overated and only gets in the squad because he plays for Spurs. Its an absolute shambles and I feel sorry for players like Osman who deserve a crack long before these lot do.

Having said that, I thought England played as well as they ever have done under Hodgson. Looked a bit dodgy when they were being countered because no-one in the midfield knew when to sit, but they were at least quite fluid. Cleverly missed 3 good chances, but his energy and movement were brilliant. The rest were quite poor, although I thought Baines was good and God knows why he was subbed! Welbeck was the best player on the pitch when he came on and even Sturridge showed some glimpses of quality.

I never realised Lallana & Sterling where called up for the England squad til I saw them on the bench. How ridiculous... Sterling looks like he has quality but he has played maybe 1 or 2 games in the Prem, Lallana is ok but again has only played 3 games in the Prem and hasnt exactly done much yet! As I have said before Livermore is very overated and only gets in the squad because he plays for Spurs. Its an absolute shambles and I feel sorry for players like Osman who deserve a crack long before these lot do.

Having said that, I thought England played as well as they ever have done under Hodgson. Looked a bit dodgy when they were being countered because no-one in the midfield knew when to sit, but they were at least quite fluid. Cleverly missed 3 good chances, but his energy and movement were brilliant. The rest were quite poor, although I thought Baines was good and God knows why he was subbed! Welbeck was the best player on the pitch when he came on and even Sturridge showed some glimpses of quality.

I think you're underestimating Lallana. He's been Southampton's star player the last 2 years playing nearly every game and helped them have consecutive* promotions. Deserves to be there on merit compared to the likes of Henderson, Welbeck, Cleverley, Livermore, Sterling, AOC, and Jones who have done sweet fa at club level to deserve a call up.

*I'd almost put back-to-back.

Edited by pete0

I think you're underestimating Lallana. He's been Southampton's star player the last 2 years playing nearly every game and helped them have consecutive* promotions. Deserves to be there on merit compared to the likes of Henderson, Welbeck, Cleverley, Livermore, Sterling, AOC, and Jones who have done sweet fa at club level to deserve a call up.

*I'd almost put back-to-back.

I live near Soton and both my best mate & the guy I sit opposite at work are both massive Soton fans so I know a lot about him and Soton. The reason they were promoted and did so well was because of Lambert, and most Soton fans would agree that he is their star player. They have a screen saver which says 'dont panic, pass to Lambert' which says it all!

Lallana is a decent player, nothing more & nothing less. He was brilliant in League One but was only decent in the Championship. The two times I have seen him play so far this season, he doesnt looked to have progressed and there is no way in hell he is of international quality, at least at this stage of his career. At least all the players you have mentioned have all played consistently at club level and done well in the PL (to an extent - Sterling excluded). Welbeck, Cleverly & AOC even have CL experience and will be the future of the England side. They deserve their place in and around the squad. Jones was looking like a class defender at Blackburn, but for some reason he has been playing RB and it has halted his career, Henderson again looked decent at Sunderland before fading into oblivion at Liverpool. Livermore is the one that surprises me because he looks very average, and while I think Sterling will be a class player on what I have seen, it is too early for him just now.

Edited by Bailey

He was in the championship team of the season. Non have them have played consistently at club level. Lallana has played double the games. Welbeck scores 1 in 4. Jones is gash, even at B'burn. Cleverley has played 13 games in the last 2 years. AOC played more games for Soton than Arsenal. Henderson was average at Sunderland, like Jones he got a good media review. I don't see how any of them deserve a place on that basis? Like you have said it's too early for Sterling, it is for the rest of them as well.