IGNORED

Andy Gray

Louis

I have heard a rumour that Andy Gray could be returning to Goodison as assistant manager. I doubt it is true but it is an interesting idea, he seems to know a lot about tactics, has played for the club in the past and is scottish ;) Apparently he turned down the managerial position a few years ago, if he was offered the assistant manager position, do you think he'd even consider it or does he find his sky sports pundit chair too comfy?

I heard that Stubbsy may be given the job, the fact that he managed the reserves the other day may make this case stronger (at least i think he did). Time will tell whether or not he can do the job, we would definatly keep the defence organised but im not sure what attacking expertise he can bring.

I'd be a bit surprised if Stubbs got the job. Why not give Stubbs the reserves to manage as his first stepping stone and let Andy Holden have a go as Assistant Manager? I don't know much about Holden but it's always appeared that he's done a very good job with the reserves, isn't he worth a go?

I have heard a rumour that Andy Gray could be returning to Goodison as assistant manager. I doubt it is true but it is an interesting idea, he seems to know a lot about tactics, has played for the club in the past and is scottish ;) Apparently he turned down the managerial position a few years ago, if he was offered the assistant manager position, do you think he'd even consider it or does he find his sky sports pundit chair too comfy?

From what I understand (and I could be wrong), Andy Gray was offered the managers job back in 1997 and was keen to take the job but then it emerged that he would actually be playing second fiddle to Howard Kendall so turned down the offer. So therefore I doubt whether he's be willing to play second fiddle to Moyes either. And besides hes on a good wicket at sky (and probably earning more than he would being assistant manager) plus its a secure job at sky.

EDIT:

Just Googled, and found that back in '97 Andy Gray (if he'd got the job) was apparently going to bring in Colin Harvey as assistant manager and his first transfer target was going to be Dwight Yorke. Oh what might have been, brand new manager, new ideas, better performances, perhaps a cup win, more revenue and The Kings Dock! (OK, maybe not).

Edited by Maghull70

I heard that Stubbsy may be given the job, the fact that he managed the reserves the other day may make this case stronger (at least i think he did). Time will tell whether or not he can do the job, we would definatly keep the defence organised but im not sure what attacking expertise he can bring.

Stubbs has been ehlping Andy Holden with the reserves since before Irvine went, getting himself more practise

He would be ok I think if you read his autobiography he helped Ron Atkinson (i think it was him) so thats not bad experience i suppose. Actually Gray was offered the job when Kendel got the job but it was either Everton job or Sky and you know which one he would choose :P. I think Stubbsy would be great not alot of experience but he knows the players better than Moyes but really i dont have a fucking clue :D .

• 3 months later...
Guest once-a-blue!

Obviously after another pay rise from Sky!