IGNORED

Fiorentina (home) 2nd Leg

Bill

i Wish, if only i could get the honour of playing for everton and getting paid some stupid amount of money for it!!!!!

I saids that because when ever he comes on he doesnt stop sprinting to close defenders down, jumps for everyball and just mever stops moving

Edited by jacko1990

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yak was not poor for the whole game, he just had no joy with his final shots. He held the ball up well, played a few really good balls, had a few good runs with the ball. His movement off the ball was good as well, moving into positions for attacks. Did you go to the game or just see it on the telly? I watched the replay of the whole game on itv4 today and you didn't get a fair view of him as you don't see what he is doing off the ball. If Vic came on and lit the game up then you would have a point, but he looked poor when he came on so you really have nothing. I would not take Yak off, he is one of our greatest threats. Please start talking sense

Couldnt agree more , I was at the game and thought Yak had stormer and never stopped runing all night, ok it didnt come off for him in terms of scoring but that was more to do with their keeper.

I have also watched it all again on telly and I cant for the life of me see what he is talking about!

I as quite surprised to read the debate about Yakubu and Big Vic

I think the Yak had a good game, I think they all did. I agree Vic was dissapointing when he came on but I dont agree that it was throgh lack of effort I just think that the game was begining to fizzle out by the time he got on and we didnt really create any chances for him

I think it was right to give him a go , after all it has certainly worked in the past ! Was the timing right ? who knows? but I would not have taken the Yak off what would be the sense in taking off your most potent striker when you are desperate for a goal?

Even if you think he hadnt been in the game he has proven before that he can score a goal out of nothng and turn a game.

The truth of the matter is we were knocked out because the damage was already done from a poor performance in Italy. Yes we were unlucky but hey isnt that Everton all over!

You didn't credit the whole team though - it's these people who aren't in the right frame of mind who go to get on the players backs the moment there's the slightest slip-up. It pisses me off how quickly people forget how well someone has done for us - especially yak and nev - one miss placed pass or miss control and they're "fucking shite" - I'm not saying it's you lad - but it pisses me off at the matches how quick people are to get on someones back, some people must pay to go and have a good moan.

Like I said i would have if I was in the right frame of mind sorry mate all's forgiven. I know the nobheads who jump on a players back when they play shite IMO its just jelousy.

Guest once-a-blue!
The year they got to the semi knocking out ManU on the way was the year they somewhat luckily knocked us out. If you were an Evertonian you'd know that. If you want to carry on pretending to be one then do your research before you post.

I'm sure there's a name psychologists use for people going on the internet pretending to be what they're not, can't think of it at the moment, inadequate little shits will do though.

Bit childish Mike (or whoever it was) not publishing my response! Clearly the truth was too painful to accept!

Bit childish Mike (or whoever it was) not publishing my response! Clearly the truth was too painful to accept!

I've no idea what your response was.

There were two parts to my post...

1. Putting right your factual error. No discussion, you were wrong, but I'm guessing your response didn't involve the words, "...oops I made a mistake." That's the truth so how can you question my acceptance of it?

2. Expressing my contempt for people (like yourself) who come on here pretending to be what they're not with the express purpose of winding people up.

Who does that make childish?

Guest once-a-blue!
I've no idea what your response was.

There were two parts to my post...

1. Putting right your factual error. No discussion, you were wrong, but I'm guessing your response didn't involve the words, "...oops I made a mistake." That's the truth so how can you question my acceptance of it?

2. Expressing my contempt for people (like yourself) who come on here pretending to be what they're not with the express purpose of winding people up.

Who does that make childish?

Villareal finished 25 points behind the title winners in the year they knocked you out of the CL in a qualification round. The following year when they were a far better team which I think is what I was eluding to they finished 14 points behind the title holders! Depressing for you to accept but it just happens to be correct!

As for your contempt I would not have expected anything else. Let's face it I don't accept a lot of the crap that is written on this forum and I have never ever said that I am an out and out blue. That does not mean I can not take in interest in what Everton are doing. If my activity winds you up then I make no apologies that is a problem you will need to sort out with your councillor!

Villareal finished 25 points behind the title winners in the year they knocked you out of the CL in a qualification round. The following year when they were a far better team which I think is what I was eluding to they finished 14 points behind the title holders! Depressing for you to accept but it just happens to be correct!

As for your contempt I would not have expected anything else. Let's face it I don't accept a lot of the crap that is written on this forum and I have never ever said that I am an out and out blue. That does not mean I can not take in interest in what Everton are doing. If my activity winds you up then I make no apologies that is a problem you will need to sort out with your councillor!

All that top para is completely irrelevant to what I said which was that (I'll say this slowly and loudly so you understand)...

In the competition that Villarreal beat us in they then knocked out ManU in the group stages and got to the semi-final.

You've never said you were a blue eh?

"If you read this very slowly it will help you to understand.....ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE !! But it does not mean I have to hate everything that is red and limit my comments to the sort of garbage you elude to."

"we couldn't even beat a very average Spanish side to qualify for the group stages when we had the chance."

"If Liverpool do win the Premiership in the next few seasons it will be down to business planning and making sure that they have the funds to give them success. Just maybe we can learn from that!"

....there are loads more examples.

I don't need to sort it out with my counsellor (which is what you mean I guess, my councillor is a Tory so I have no wish to talk to him), you're a sad little man...crawl back under your rock.

Guest once-a-blue!

All that top para is completely irrelevant to what I said which was that (I'll say this slowly and loudly so you understand)...

In the competition that Villarreal beat us in they then knocked out ManU in the group stages and got to the semi-final.

Sorry you change the basis of the debate and now it's my fault - very clever - are there lot's of women in your household? All I said originally was that Villareal were a far better team the year after you lost to them and I tried to back up my point with some solid facts that you regard as irrelevant - typical! However you spin this you got beaten by one of Spain's lesser lights in the CL qualification and this year you were very lucky not to have got absolutely thrashed in Italy by the first half decent team you met in the EUFA Cup. A competition I seem to remember that was highlighted as a much maligned Micky Mouse cup by Everton supporters in 2001 - strange how things change!

Yeah sorry ONCE A BLUE can be put down to Rooney. The soft spot I used to have for Everton has now turned to granite mainly due to the likes of you!

And well done with the spelling - at least that impressed me - but you sound nearly as bitter towards Tories as you do LFC - I never had you down as a warm and fluffy Liberal or could it possibly be that you support the tossers who are still looking for WMD in Iraq? If that's the case at least your consistant! :weird:

Oh well it's been fun - I am currently CRAWLING DOWN UNDER A ROCK but with the express wish that you seek professional help - COUNCELLING I think you called it!

HAPPY EASTER

Edited by once-a-blue!