IGNORED

Latest Liverpool Twist

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has terminated talks with Dubai International Capital (DIC) over acquiring a 49% stake in the club.

DIC had earlier announced it was in advanced talks to buy a stake in the Anfield side.

But in a statement on the Liverpool website, Hicks said: "I have decided to exercise my right to veto any sale of any portion of Kop and the club to DIC.

"We will explore other options as regard to the ownership of the club."

Wonder what that last bit means? Dragging on for them though....shame ;) .

its like our very own soap opera to watch unfold. its great!

Personally i think Hicks will try to buy out gillet, and when he does burden liverpool with another £100million pound of debt. with that against them, on top of the £350million they already owe, it will be impossible for them toget the refinancing to afford the new Stadia. Liverpool have already been warned that it will be tough for them due to there current financial commitment to get a further £300million pound to pay for the ground!

Be funny if they did a leeds...but this is luckypool so they will prob go 750million pound in debt, and the Government bail them out using our tax money! funny old world hehe

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, :) i think they signed a contract so that no partner could sell without the other partner agreeing to it, so it looks like the Friendship will come to an end one way or the other.

Probs when the offer is too good for both to refuse.

A RS fan in my office who goes on a L'pool forum has just said that someone has posted the number for Tom Hicks office, and people have been ringing up pretending to be Skysports news, and the secretary has apparently gave them the Phone number to Hicks something or other, but how gullable can the secretary be?

• 3 weeks later...

Some interesting recent comments from Gillett, I thought:

Says the partnership with Hicks has become completely "unworkable" anymore

Also says that his family has been receiving death threats from Liverpool fans - not for anything he's done, but more like, "Sell any of your shares to Hicks and we'll kill you." So these idiots are pissed off at Hicks, but they take it out on his partner instead. Real classy. Personally, I hope Gillett gives them the middle finger, sells out every last share to Hicks, and uses the money to start up a new MLS club in Montreal (a project he's been linked with in the past). Then again, I'm more than a wee bit biased on the subject. ;)

Anyway, here's the article: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...550&cc=5901

Just in case any of you have been away for a long time!.......Americans and Arabs don't tend to work too well together :rolleyes:

The death threats weren't just made to the main players in this soap opera!....oh no, threats were made to family members, wow!.........luckypool should be very proud of themselves.

The desperation shown by them, to find enough money to buy themselves the title surely far outways anything done by Chelsea......and how many points are we behind Chelsea.Why if we hadn't been cheated a few times this season we WOULD be third.

Paper thin squad, a ground move with major problems, injuries to key players, not much luck in the past few years............ALL THIS, and Bill Kenwright can still walk from stadium to car without assassination attempts......and his family could also walk amongst the members of the peoples club and be safe.

MAKES YOU PROUD TO BE BLUE.

Win, lose or draw on Sunday..........I wont be looking for a horses head to send to Bill!

If luckypool win.....it will be down to Captain fantastic or £27million Torres.......if they lose it will be because of the Americans!

• 2 weeks later...