IGNORED

Heres Another One.

Bill

An old one thats been around for some time but still baffles people .............

3 guys go out for a meal and at the end of the night the waitress says the bill will be £30 please, the guys give her £10 each.

She takes it to the Cashier who says you made a mistake, the bill was only £25 and gives her £5 back she thinks £5 is difficult to split between the three guys, so she puts £2 in her pocket and gives the guys £1 each back.

So now the guys have paid £9 each which is £27 in total, and the £2 the waitress put in her pocket, comes to £29.

So whats happened to the other one Pound, wheres it gone. ???

so the guys really only paid £9 for their meal!......so they paid 3x9=27....the meal was infact only £25......and the waitress has now got £2 in her pocket!!

£25 + £2 (tip) =£27.....what the men actually paid!

Except I guess there's more to this than meets the eye :huh:

They have still paid 3 x £9 = £27 pounds and the waitress has £2 pounds. You total it up theres still a pound gone missing.

Not so - the statement that the men each paid £9 for the meal is wrong, and that's where people get tripped up. They actually paid 3 x £8.33 = £25 for the meal, and the waitress in addition withheld 3 x £0.67 = £2 from them. So that £27 they paid was for the meal PLUS the amount that went into the waitress' pocket, and they got 3 x £1 = £3 back in change, for a total of £30 (£25 in the till, £2 in the waitress' pocket, and £3 in the men's pockets). The quoted statement above has been twisted so that it sounds like the £2 that the waitress skimmed is being counted separately from the £27 when it should in fact be included in that total, and meanwhile the £3 that the men got back in change isn't mentioned at all.

Kinda on the same theme!

Went into a pub Sunday to watch the Blues!!

Bought a pint of Stella!!.......The barman said £3.20p please!....I gave him a £5 pound note and he gave me £1.80p change!!

Now although he (the barman) wasn't actually wearing a mask.....and it was infact the correct change!

WHY DO I FEEL AS THOUGH I WAS ROBBED :angry:

Sorry Licker, not up to your standard of brain teaser.........JD and other Americans! that's $6.40 for a pint.........just out of interest, what do you Americans pay for a pint?....if it's under $3.00 please DON'T tell us <_<

Bought a pint of Stella!!.......The barman said £3.20p please!....I gave him a £5 pound note and he gave me £1.80p change!!

Remember the first time I paid £2.00 for a pint....Guinness...pub just outside Hampton Court Palace. At least fifteen years ago but if you consider the price increases since then (50% odd) to the rises in the previous fifteen years...about 30p a pint up to about £1.80 (600%) it's nothing.

And the price of off-sales has fallen hugely in the last fifteen years. Stop complaining :lol: .

Edited by MikeO