IGNORED

Fifth, Portsmouth, Fa Cup, Cardiff

Four point gap to Portsmouth but their remaining fixtures are much easier than Everton's.

Will Everton have to rely on Portsmouth winning the FA Cup? If Portsmouth do, and finish Fifth, their second UEFA Cup place goes to sixth place, not the losing finalist.

But what if Cardiff beat Portsmouth in the final and Portsmouth finish fifth? Then it gets complicated because of the uncertainty about Cardiff's qualification for the UEFA Cup via an English cup competition. So, one scenario possible is a dispute between Cardiff and Everton for a UEFA Cup place. That'll be fun.

To avoid confusion, I'm supporting West Brom.

Yep well if Pompey win th FA cup and it is looking very likely that we are going too win it, Dont think that we will take are foot of the gas i the premier league. Cause we wont.

Anyway Wembley is going to brilliant, i have got my ticket, i am goin with some mates, and trust me is a warning from the pompey forum of mine. We are barking at you heels and we arnt one of those teams with a bark but no bite, believe me we do have a bite.

Cant see the fa runner-up having any right to a place in uefa, reckon it would simply go to 6th place in the league (which will be pompey anyway <_< ).

Would also like to think that our uefa co-efficient (or whatever its called) would put us in a strong position to claim the last uefa spot but just cant see it coming to that......we'll make uefa - at the least!

Next match v derby is a major wknd with games running out, the gap below us could well open up again if west ham can do us a favour.

Cant see the fa runner-up having any right to a place in uefa, reckon it would simply go to 6th place in the league

The rules disagree with you. The Fa Cup winners qualify for UEFA or, if they qualify elsewhere, the runners-up.

So we could face the scenario where Pompey beat us to fifth and play Barnsley in the final then Barnsley qualify for the UEFA whatever the result. If Cardiff beat Barnsley in the semi it won't apply because Cardiff can't represent England.