IGNORED

Summer Signings?

any views on what or who we need in the summer?

i think moyesy needs to think about building from the back. fair enough we need a striker, maybe 2, but with weir past it and ferrari probably going back to Roma there's no point strengthening the front line when we'll end up leaking more goals than we score. our defence is struggling with the basics at the moment. hibbo and valente are doing well but if one of them gets injured then what? :o Iain Turner last night showed he has the makings of a quality keeper, the lad needs more first team action - if he's thrown in at chelski with short notice and can perform like that there's no telling how he could perform with more in depth preparation from the gaffer. :D The midfield isn't too bad. When VDM is on top of his game he's class, ourtater and cahill likewise, Osman is improving (when he ticks we tick), Davies has a lot to prove and Neville has been good. KILBANE IS SHITE!! :angry: mcfadden should start on the left til vdm is back. All in all not bad but needs improving. Hope Carsley's back at full fitness soon!! Up front needs massive improvement! BT will be good but he's not the type of player who can play up front on his own he needs support!!! he's been chasing everything for the last few weeks and it's good to see him puttin the effort in!

so any ideas?? this is my first post too, i've been waitin to say this shit for a while!

crackin site!

Welcome to the family phil.

I think that we need about another 6-8 players. Also think that we need to offload about 3

I think that Weir and Stubbs will go. Stubbs might stay one more year.

I think that DM will try to keep Ferrari and will be glad if he can.

I think that we need to bring in at least 1 more defender (maybe someone who can play on the flanks if Stubbs stays another year but who can cover middle if need be.

I think that for midfield we are not that bad when everyone is fully fit but maybe another midfielder with a bit of flare like Arteta.

And Also 2 new strikers.

1 Defender

1 midfielder

2 strikers.

Wright to go

Weir to go

Li Tie to go

I think we should sign ferrari, from the games i have seen him play he has looked impressive but we would still need a defender i really hope Wier calls it a day at the end of the season.

We lack a quality midfielder still

Plus we need 2 strikers which i would like to see

the 2 players we have been linked with lovenkrands + Tekke, i think lovenkrands has good finishing which Everton lack.

Turner looked good against chelsea plus the fact he wernt expecting his début he could be a good keeper for Everton expecially the age of him because he has time to get better

AT LEAST

1 Defender

1 Midfielder

2 Strikers

Are needed next season

Welcome to the family phil.

I think that we need about another 6-8 players. Also think that we need to offload about 3

I think that Weir and Stubbs will go. Stubbs might stay one more year.

I think that DM will try to keep Ferrari and will be glad if he can.

I think that we need to bring in at least 1 more defender (maybe someone who can play on the flanks if Stubbs stays another year but who can cover middle if need be.

I think that for midfield we are not that bad when everyone is fully fit but maybe another midfielder with a bit of flare like Arteta.

And Also 2 new strikers.

1 Defender

1 midfielder

2 strikers.

Wright to go

Weir to go

Li Tie to go

probable -

........................martyn...........................

hibbert......yobo.........stubbs.........valente

osman.....neville.........arteta...........v.d.m

........................cahill.............................

.......................beattie............................

hoping -

.......................landreau........................

hibbert........yobo.........ferrari......valente

wilhelmsson...arteta......cahill.........v.d.m

...................beattie........Johnson...........

subs-martyn, stubbs, neville, osman, jerome.

Edited by kevmike1

I don't see us getting this many players.

I think as we clearly don't have the money to buy many players we need to give some of the younger players who have been playing well in the reserves a few games then if they look like they might be up to earning a place, giving them some preseason games.

Obviously they won't walk straight into the side but i'd like to see them getting on to the bench next season and brought on regularly.

I don't want us to rely on a team of under 20's but we have a good youth system that we should be trying to make the most of at a time when we cannot afford to buy in talent.

well if vaughn and anichebe perform towards the end of the season thats our two strikers.

christian sergeant and vidarsson are doing well thats 2 mids

if lawernce wilson and boyle are kept thats two defenders.

if turner doesnt handle outside the box again and do some good saves that saves us a few million.

realistically i think we had 3 mil start this window 3.5 for kroldrup abnd 2.5 bent right thats 9 million

cameron jerome = 3.5

ferrari = prolly 3.2-3.5ish

then i would want a right winger, a right back, a young center half, and perhaps another left mid/forward

so 2 mil left plus prolly 4 mil or sumfin summer budget, 6 million say

routledge maybe 3 or 4....

then look abroad for a cheap pair of defenders (rb and cb)

mayb a mil or so left for a young player for the squad....

as far as transfers out:

wright possibly, davies maybe, and iunno bout weir n stubbs theyre too old but well c

mayb we can get a little but not much, i wudnt wanna disrupt the team too much, ideally a fit VDM cahill arteta <some1creative> mid would be good.... mayb we cud play more attacking then, having mcfadden, jerome, bt upfront, bringing on ossie to play behind just off 1 or 2 of them at times.

wudnt midn a good defensive mid actually, i dnt liek neville in tht role.... mayb phil cud do the right back job????? hibbert is good, but he hasnt got a clue wen hes won it

I have seen enough of Ferrari to say we should sign him on a permanent basis, has only had a few games and has improved in all of them. Sounds as if he is keen to stay as well - One in the hand is worth two in the bush as they say.

Stubbs has got another year in him - easily. and we all know experience is a huge attribute as a CB - OK the legs may let you down now and them, but are able to make up for it in other ways.

I would also like to see us with another decent utility defender, either a decent youngster or a seasoned pro - somebody who is cheap basically, but a decent squad player.

Another midfeilder would be a luxury really - but would be nice if funds allowed.

Strikers are where the real money should be spent. Its been a big shame Vaughan was injured this season, as Moyes could have really gudged what sort of talent we really have on the books before spending. But look like we will have to wait until next now with him.

AJ would be a brilliant buy - I really think Moyes should go all out for him. Not just becasue he is fast and can finish - But judging on his character he would fit right in to the Moyes ethos of hard work and teamwork - (any player who puts his chance of going to a World Cup on the line to give the team that gave him his break in football another season to try and get them back in the Prem, shows huge integrity and loyalty - a rear traight in player these days) - He's the type of person I would be prepared to risk big transfer fees and possibley my reputation on.

I would love it if we sign Morten Gamst Pederson - I was disappointed when he joined Blackburn after reported interest from us

Probably cost us a fortune now though

More realistically I could see Ferrari staying - Him and Yobo would make the defense solid and with pace

Martyn should have one more season and then Turner should take over and Wright should be moved on

I'm not really sure on the midfield though - It's a tough call on who to drop maybe try and grab Sidwell ??

Up front we're not going to get Keane anymore but Nugent and maybe Andy Johnson would be a good shout with Nugent in reserve

Both Weir and Stubbs will probably call it a day after this season so we need someone to cover the back or do we ?? As Phil Neville could probably play there on a part time basis

Peace