IGNORED

Rons Off

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3654140,00.html

Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by reportedly declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

Message received

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.

I think its more to do with family ties rather than football ties.

If he has a good euro champ. he will go.

If not so good euro then Real might not be willing to spend the stupid amount money talked about.

As I see it its more or less out of his hands.

I think its more to do with family ties rather than football ties.

If he has a good euro champ. he will go.

If not so good euro then Real might not be willing to spend the stupid amount money talked about.

As I see it its more or less out of his hands.

TBH i think he could take a shit in the middle of the park in everygame and then fuck of home and Real would still want to sign him.

Ronaldo obviously wants to join Real, im just not sure if they can afford him, i thought that money was tight(well tight for Real) as they had taken a real financial hit since Beckham left. It's now down to whether real can really afford him, if and when he does go though it will undoubtably be the largest transfer fee ever paid.

According to Sky Sports News Ronaldos mum says he will be staying at Mancs.. one of the main reasons he realy wants to go to Real now and not wait is so his mum can see him play there before she passes away but she says she can wait as she belive the club is right for him atm. The 'future only god knows' was also mentioned again :rolleyes:

Guest once-a-blue!
TBH i think he could take a shit in the middle of the park in everygame and then fuck of home and Real would still want to sign him.

Ronaldo obviously wants to join Real, im just not sure if they can afford him, i thought that money was tight(well tight for Real) as they had taken a real financial hit since Beckham left. It's now down to whether real can really afford him, if and when he does go though it will undoubtably be the largest transfer fee ever paid.

Man United are nearly £700m (the Glaziers paid nearly £800m) in debt which includes £125m to a hedge fund at an interest rate of over 14% pa and you don't pay rates like that unless you are desperate for the money! United have also lost nearly £200m over the last two years - losses of £58m last year and £135m the year before and yet they still spent a fortune at the end of the 2007 season! Red Football Joint Ventures Ltd is the limited company that accurately shows all of the groups activity and you can download the accounts from http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk at the cost of £1 if you don't believe me! The point I am making is that you can not assume anything from the state of a clubs finances. It could easily be suggested that United's balance sheet does not look pretty and they would like to cash in on Ronaldo - who could blame them? As for Real Madrid I seem to remember that they financed the Barca to Madrid Figo transfer with a government loan - wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing happens with Ronaldo!

Guest Reg Reagan
Man United are nearly £700m (the Glaziers paid nearly £800m) in debt which includes £125m to a hedge fund at an interest rate of over 14% pa and you don't pay rates like that unless you are desperate for the money! United have also lost nearly £200m over the last two years - losses of £58m last year and £135m the year before and yet they still spent a fortune at the end of the 2007 season! Red Football Joint Ventures Ltd is the limited company that accurately shows all of the groups activity and you can download the accounts from http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk at the cost of £1 if you don't believe me! The point I am making is that you can not assume anything from the state of a clubs finances. It could easily be suggested that United's balance sheet does not look pretty and they would like to cash in on Ronaldo - who could blame them? As for Real Madrid I seem to remember that they financed the Barca to Madrid Figo transfer with a government loan - wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing happens with Ronaldo!

but the RS are in deeper shit. what was the loss? £330million i read somewhere

Guest once-a-blue!
but the RS are in deeper shit. what was the loss? £330million i read somewhere

Reading has never been a strong point has it! Liverpool's loss was £33m not £330m which all things considered looking at the results of Chelsea and Man U isn't that bad!

• 4 weeks later...

Ronaldo told Portuguese broadcaster TVI: "You know what I said, what I want and what I would like. I agree completely with the president of Fifa."

The Portugal winger, who is recovering after undergoing ankle surgery last week, added: "At the moment there is no agreement with Real Madrid. Now I have to wait and see but I do not know where I will begin the season."

I don't see how he can stay at ManU after saying stuff like that.