IGNORED

Squad Fillers

I start to get kinda anxious about the lack of signings.. so I was just wondering...

how hard can it be just to sign one or two squad fillers just to be sure we won't lack senior players for the start of the new season?

I mean.. transfers don't HAVE to be top quality all the time! at least not in our (I think) desperate situation.

How hard can it be?

I know that Moyes only wants the "right players for the club".. but shouldn't we fill up our squad at least?

All the other clubs in the league have signed squad fillers this far. But we haven't.. I just wonder.... why?

Just another player.. don't care who. Is that really so hard? :-/

Yes Inca, I'm also getting anxious because we havent got a team to put out on saturday. I mentioned on another thread about some players who have moved in the last couple of days, like Luke Young, Justin Hoyte, Zoltan Gera, and Nicky shorey, could have got all of them for 12 million, and i got slagged off for it by peeps telling me that we dont need them, we dont want them, they are not good enough we want better than them. Etc Etc,

But come saturday and we havent got eleven players to put out because nobodys signed yet, they'll be crying out for those squad fillers. :) the immediate priority is to field a team for Saturday, then we have another two weeks to go before the window closes to chase the big signings.

The problem you have with a squad as small as ours is you can't by all the players that would be in the first team if everyone was fit.

Look at all the clubs including the top 4 and they have players that if a starting 11 was fit every week would not play.

Look at United if everyone was fit would Flecther or John O Sha or Wes Browm play. But you have then for cover.

I am not a big fan of Smith or Fletcher but I would have them in the squad as they are decent enough to cover if people are injured or suspended.

The players that Licker has mentioned for the right price I would have in our squad as well