IGNORED

Moyes Concern At Letting Players Down Over Transfers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...mits-Moyes.html

This can be read a number of ways. Firstly is it bullshit? Did we ever have money in place to buy players and Moyes ,being a strong man, has stepped up to protect others from blame? Maybe what he's said is true and if so does that mean that we will have a lot more for transfers next year - will be interesting to see? Does this signal the end of our hopes for signing any new players? More than all of this what concerns me most is that he has still yet to sign a new contract.

I for one have grown bored of all the speculation coming to nothing but we all have to club behind the manager and the team now and quit the complaining. Would be interesting to hear other opinions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...mits-Moyes.html

This can be read a number of ways. Firstly is it bullshit? Did we ever have money in place to buy players and Moyes ,being a strong man, has stepped up to protect others from blame? Maybe what he's said is true and if so does that mean that we will have a lot more for transfers next year - will be interesting to see? Does this signal the end of our hopes for signing any new players? More than all of this what concerns me most is that he has still yet to sign a new contract.

I for one have grown bored of all the speculation coming to nothing but we all have to club behind the manager and the team now and quit the complaining. Would be interesting to hear other opinions.

Still think he'll sign a new contract, by the sounds of it the money was there and, although i doubted otherwise, BK wanted to spend it. The question is, why haven't we signed anybody? My opinion is that clubs like Sporting and the others wanted too much, and DM and BK wouldn't be pressured into handing over the cash. If that is the case then we have a manager and owner we can be proud of, and i retract any anti-BK comments made.

Edited by Chris the Blue

Still think he'll sign a new contract, by the sounds of it the money was there and, although i doubted otherwise, BK wanted to spend it. The question is, why haven't we signed anybody? My opinion is that clubs like Sporting and the others wanted too much, and DM and BK wouldn't be pressured into handing over the cash. If that is the case then we have a manager and owner we can be proud of, and i retract any anti-BK comments made.

I agree, i am glad we don't have a Peter Ridsdale type in charge. OK, it can be frustrating as hell not seeing class player coming to the club, but it sounds as if Moyes and BK won't be given the run around by some of these continental agents. I would rather have £5M in the bank and a youngster on the bench than a Per Kroldroup in the squad!!!

I am a bit nervouse with Moyes having not signed a contract- these things shouldn't take to long, so Moyes must be waiting on something. New stadium situation, Wyness -Green situation this summer (must have mean something in the grand scheme of things), there must be something.

I think its is a mix of things this summer, funds not in place early on, a little bit of the not uncommen 'dithering Dave's in the transfer market, the CEO going at a critical time, Johnson sell taking time, a generally stagnent transfer market. We all know Moyes's like to try and get the best value in the market and a problem with this is that it has to go to the wire sometime, as clubs and agent might not flinch until a week of days before the window closes. I think the last week might be fairly active from Everton.

I will reserve judgement on this summers transfer activity until 1st September, and possibley the lack of it on the back of results on the football field at around Xmas time.

3 home points against Blackburn this afternoon, will help club confidence a little - COYB's

Whoever is to blame I'm very, very worried about the coming season. If we don't pull a rabbit out of the bag in regards to transfer then we may have a very shit season, and come next summer we could be starting from scratch and having to replace players like Arteta, Cahill, Lescott etc. Not a good thing at all when we cant even replace Carsley and Johnson ffs.

Missed more than Carlsey.

Albeit Baxter looked lively when he came on, you can't expect 16 year olds kids who never played in the Prem before to come on when you're looknig to win a game.

Centre back pairing looked very rocky today also...missing Jags from there maybe?

Whichever way you look at it, I'd say that the 6 players Moyes says he needs could be an understatement. We need 6 players to make the squad competitive.

Not good enough, although not a surprise really which is what makes it all the worse :angry:

I think from reading the article you can see that DM is just as annoyed with the situation as everybody else.

The comment about about 'why should I take second best... although I might be forced to', indicates that there will defo be some movement over the next 2 weeks but it may not be the big names we're all hoping for. Might find it's more of squad type players (Hunt etc), because when fit we still have an 11-13/14 that can challenge, and isn't too dissimilar to last years.