IGNORED

Emad Meteb

Bristol City signed him this summer for £1.5m. After signing he then played a friendly for the team he was leaving in Egypt. When the Bristol City manager questioned him why he did it, he responded with peer pressure.

On the basis that he was obviously easily influenced and showed no commitment to his new team, Bristol City tore up his contract.

Slight difference - He agreed to sign for Bristol City but whilst waiting for a work permit he played a champions league game against their Cairo rivals Zamalek.

I don't know anything else about him to be honest although I'm glad we are looking to African talent because it's a cheaper. Aboutrika would be a nice signing.

I know beggars can't be choosers, and I have voiced consistent disapproval at the lack of signings and need to get bodies in so we can put XI on the pitch on a Saturday, but... do we really shop at the same stores as Bristol City????

Surely there's a happy medium?! We can't afford Harrods, but thought we were better than the pound store :o

Saying that, always happy to be proven wrong

i can honestly see him as a good back up to the yak, hes been apart of both egypt squads which won the african cup of nations in 06 and 08.

but with saying that.. do we really need another striker? i know we have lost AJ and faddy, but we have the likes of vaughany and victor who will be back this week to be in support for the yak, and even to back them we have now the likes of jose and lukas who have proven to be capable at a senior level (especially jose). i dont see the need to have 6 strikers if we are only going to play 1 up front.

Goal scoring record is good... excellent in fact even if in a egyptian league. At 1.8 million can you really complain... We sold McFadden for nrly 3times that and if he can score important goals could prove a good signing.

Id take him at that price at 1.8 mill

Him at 1.8

Or

Alan Smith at 3??

Goal scoring record is good... excellent in fact even if in a egyptian league. At 1.8 million can you really complain... We sold McFadden for nrly 3times that and if he can score important goals could prove a good signing.

Id take him at that price at 1.8 mill

Him at 1.8

Or

Alan Smith at 3??

Neither, I would like to think there is better out there. Vaughan and to some extent Anichebe are better than both these players, I would only take Smith because he is versatile. Lets face it once Vaughan is fully fit he is our second choice striker followed by Anichebe, once Cahill is up and running we will have no space for another striker. Especially a lower rate one such as Emad Meteb, if we are going to sign a striker he has got to be good enough to dislodge Yakubu from attack in order to provide competition.

I agree there's a real need to buy a player who can provide competition to the Yak in the 1 up front in a 4-5-1.

I don't think Anichebe is the answer and Vaughan needs to learn how not to injure himself performing stupid challenges so I think there is a need to sign a striker.

Can Zigic provide this? Possibly

Can Meteb? I don't know much about him but I think not.

We need a big impact player to some off the bench when we're chasing a game.

Although, our transfer activity has been fruitless so far this year so bringing a better player in may not be possible :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4048049,00.html

Following the speculation over the weekend I can confirm a number of Premier League clubs have made enquiries for Moteab," Learoyd-Hill told skysports.com.

"I am not going to comment on who the interested clubs are as that would not be fair to the clubs.

"I wouldn't be surprised if there was interest from Everton as I know they keep tabs on Egyptian foootball from the time they signed Ibrahim Said in 2003.

"Any interested club could be confident of doing a deal before the close of the window as a work permit would not be a problem as he was granted one at Bristol City before the move fell through.

"However if nothing happens by the end of this transfer window we would look at doing something in the January transfer window."

We keep tabs on other leagues? Thats news to me! But Ibrahim Said? Hardly fills me with joy and good feelings, he didn't even play a game did he?