IGNORED

Kamil Zayatte

Why are we being linked with so many defenders? Are we planning on playing two lines of 4 defenders with no midfielders? <_< It's pissing me off big style.

Maybe Moyes plans to revolutionize the Premiership with his innovative new 7-2-1 formation! :P

From Setanta:

Young Boys boss Vladimir Petkovic is unaware of Everton's bid to sign Kamil Zayatte.

The Guinea defender is reportedly close to signing for David Moyes's Toffees but Petkovic claims to have no knowledge of any impending deal.

"Kamil will quite normally travel to Debrecen," said the coach to Blick ahead of the Uefa Cup second leg tie in Hungary on Thursday. The Berne outfit lead 4-1 from the first leg.

Young Boys are likely to find a sizeable transfer fee tempting for the 23-year-old, who can play in the middle or at right back.

Moyes has gone on record as saying he wants to make up to seven new signings before the deadline next week after a frustrating summer of inactivity on Merseyside

Can't be over here on trial if he's playing in Europe on Thursday can he?

Not sure why we're falling over ourselves to sign RB/ CB when we've got plenty of cover in these positions

great young talent im sure, but we need a midfielder. Moyes is securing our defensive options, which tells me he plans on moving jags and neville into midfield, big mistake in my opinion. We need experienced skilled mifielders, not a shift around of ones weve already got.

It gets more ridiculous as the days go by, all this summer and even since last summer we have needed another midfielder, also replacements for Carsley (defensive mid) and Johnson (striker) and what do we get........... a full back for nowt and now we are looking at a centre back who can also play full back. FFS we only needed 3 players Moutinho, Milito, and Mbia.

I'M SURE EVERYBODY WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THAT, SO FFS EVERTON LETS GET THE PRIORITIES RIGHT.

Get his passport checked... 23??????

He must have had the worst paper round in the world :D

Nice to see that we are bringing players in, but if they're never going to get a game then waht's the point?

This guy, CB- ahead of Yobo, Lescott or Jags? Me thinks not... unless DM is moving Jags into midfield. Which, if he is fills me with dread. As good a defender Jags is, he is without doubt the worst passer of the ball i've ever seen... since Phil Neville :D

Last year, Jags would play 2 or 3 50 yard balls to Yakubu each game but they'd go down the wrong flank!!!! He is woeful, keep him at the backto tackle and do nothing else

the Echo rubbished this story yesterday anyway, said we weren't interested.

I don't think the story was rubbish in the first place. He did have a trial with us, but we couldn't agree terms with him. Apparently he wanted more money and moer playing guarentees.

Anyway, I'm not really too fused, we don't really need another RB.

I don't think the story was rubbish in the first place. He did have a trial with us, but we couldn't agree terms with him. Apparently he wanted more money and moer playing guarentees.

Anyway, I'm not really too fused, we don't really need another RB.

ah it was my mistake, it was Kuffour and De Guzman we rubbished, not Zayatte.

Sky Sports are also saying that he is in talks with the Skunks.

More important areas to try to fill before looking at more defenders.

Thought his agent said that he was joining us. By that I took it that the deal was nearly complete. My fault forgot its Everton here