IGNORED

New And Needing Your Help!

Emmie

Hi there :)

My name is Emma and I have just joined the forum but I really need your help. If you were at the Fulham match at the weekend then you would have seen the Everton players and crowd showing a huge amount of support for a little girl called kayley Keir who went out onto the pitch. Kayley is 10 years old and suffers from Cystic Fibrosis, the UK's most common life-threatening genetic disease. A few months ago she was close to dying, until her life was saved by a double lung and heart transplant. She is a true Everton fan through and through, and last year when she was invited to a glittering awards ceremony, she tried to convince her mum that she should collect her award in her Everton kit!

I also suffer from Cystic Fibrosis, as does my close friend Emily Thackray who is 21 years old. Last February Emily was told that without a double lung transplant she would be unlikely to live beyond a year. However the bleak reality is that 50% of those waiting for a transplant like Kayley and Emily, will die before they ever get that phonecall due to the chronic and increasing shortage of organ donors in the UK.

Having already lost 15 young friends between us whose call for a transplant never came, Emily and I have decided to take matters into our own hands and have launched the Live Life Then Give Life Campaign aimed at encouraging people to think and talk about their wishes regarding organ donation. We have designed and produced two eye-catching T-shirts for the campaign, which Kayley and her mum were earing on the pitch at Goodison Park yesterday.

The Everton players and fans showed a huge amount of support for Kayley and the campaign and I would just like to ask all the fans using this site to take a look at the following website:

http://www.livelifethengivelife.co.uk

We are doing all we can to save the lives of children and adults like Kayley and Emily. Please show that Everton truly are the peoples' club by supporting us in this aim.

Thanks!

Emma x

Emma, I take my hat off to you and wish you well with the campaign. I tried to register as a donor a few years ago, but because of service in the first Gulf War and the innoculations given to me, I was deemed an unsuitable donor.

A good site and worth a look, best wishes for the future.

ATB

Mac

• 2 weeks later...