IGNORED

Going To Uni Soon

lawrietimson

You missed out having a gap year to recover

I had a gap year after I finished my first degree and just before I started my MA , I found it was really worth while, I'm not sure I was completly ready to go travelling round the world on my own before going to uni. Each to there own though.

Advice for Uni though. Make the most of it. You will be surprised how quickly it goes by and it will be one of the best times of your life.

Which Uni are you going to by the way and what are you studying?

Edited by jamiemaher85

I had a gap year after I finished my first degree and just before I started my MA , I found it was really worth while, I'm not sure I was completly ready to go travelling round the world on my own before going to uni. Each to there own though.

Advice for Uni though. Make the most of it. You will be surprised how quickly it goes by and it will be one of the best times of your life.

Which Uni are you going to by the way and what are you studying?

My daughter spent her gar year teaching in S Africa, she says it was the most rewarding thing she has ever done

Gap year is a definite YES.

I finished, then did my PGCE, taught for a year then went round Thailand, Singapore, Oz, and planned to do NZ, Fiji and the US. Unfortunately ran out of money, but cracking experience all the same.

Sounds like you did almost exactly the same thing as me. I did Thialand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapur, Oz, NZ, Fiji and US. TBH you didn't miss out on Fiji, i wasn't impressed at all, was very very dingy and if you went to any islands off asia then you definatly didn't miss out as they where all much much better.

Travelling was one of the best things I have ever done and would advise anybody to give it a go. I think it works well after Uni as it helps you settle a little bit on your own mind and also try and figure out what you want to do with your post-uni life.