IGNORED

Danny Guthrie

I see Danny Guthrie's assault on Craig Fagan had worse results than first thought. If ever a player needed prosecution through the legal system for something that happened on the pitch (open to question) he does. I couldn't believe it, and it was his second attempt as well. Ridiculous that the beeb call it a "tackle."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7617057.stm

I'd just read the same report. It was such a disgraceful tackle. When watching it you could tell it was made purely out of frustration. Guthrie is probably pissed off with what he has got himself in for at Newcastle, and now has reacted like a thug.

He deserves a bad for this, was a horrible needles tackle, no attempt to win the ball and wasn't even attempting to stop Fagan from creating anything. All he was doing was holding the ball up.

I have lost alot of respect for the lad, i thought he was a prospect, not a thug. Shame

Heard an interesting idea on the radio just now. It's all wrong that Guthrie will get probably a three game ban while Fagan could be out for months so...

In extreme circumstances like this ban the offender for as long as the victim is out injured, then maybe three games after that....punishment fitting the crime. Works for me.

Heard an interesting idea on the radio just now. It's all wrong that Guthrie will get probably a three game ban while Fagan could be out for months so...

In extreme circumstances like this ban the offender for as long as the victim is out injured, then maybe three games after that....punishment fitting the crime. Works for me.

I think that would be very just, I'd back that.

I see what you are saying Mark, but they wont all be as obvious as Guthries, then you will enter into the unknown territory of who decides if it was or it was'nt intent. ? Would it be a panel of ex Referees, a panel of ex players for the FA, or would the accused take it to a civil court to contest his innocence. :o

I dont like that idea one little bit. :(

i'd back it in cases like that cos you can tell there was no intent for the ball

tackles like the one on eduardo cant be treated like this though as there was no intent to hurt just a badly timed tackle

I think the same as you on the Eduardo tackle, but a lot of people didnt, some of the TV pundits in the studio when it happened said it was an horrendous tackle and they couldnt show it because of the disturbing nature of the injuries, Arsene Wenger said he should'nt be allowed to play football again, altho later on he retracted it. So who exactly knows what goes on in footballers minds when they go in for a tackle.

How can people determine whats intent and whats not intent ? is it on the basis that some players will get injured and some others wont.

John Terry "intended" to stop a player getting past him on Saturday and was sent off, another player in another game did exactly the same and only got a yellow card. If they cant get it right on the pitch there is no way they are going to get it right OFF the pitch.

what about stephen hunt on petr cech. how would you know if that was intended or not?

You wouldn't so you've answered your own question.

As I said, "where there's absolutlely no room for doubt, where it's blatant and everyone knows it."

Was what Dunc went to prison for any worse than what Guthrie did? Is a pre-meditated potentially nose breaking head butt worse than a pre-meditated leg-breaking kick?

If someone did it to me in the street I'd want them prosecuted, a long ban and he's getting off lightly imo.

Nobody was calling for an extra ban until it was learnt that a bone in his leg was fractured.

I was. Not on here but I said it to Josh when we first saw it....the report of the broken bone made me post it.

If someone made that sort of unprovoked attack on the street on someone you cared about Bill would you be happy if they got just a slap on the wrist, broken bone or no?

There has to come a point where the laws of the land extend onto the fottball pitch...where is it?

I was. Not on here but I said it to Josh when we first saw it....the report of the broken bone made me post it.

If someone made that sort of unprovoked attack on the street on someone you cared about Bill would you be happy if they got just a slap on the wrist, broken bone or no?

There has to come a point where the laws of the land extend onto the fottball pitch...where is it?

Probably not Mike, but he wasnt in the street and the laws of the game says he gets a ban for the red card, if you start bring street rules onto the pitch half the clubs in the league will have most of the players up on court cases, and serving prison sentences.

I say leave well alone and dont be so foolhardy to even think about going down that road.

I fully agree with you Mike, when I watched that live I spilt my drink it was pure thuggery