IGNORED

Yakubu To Newcastle

Apparently the Nigerian consortium looking to takeover Newcastle have Yakubu as top of their transfer targets.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/g...ers/default.stm

Jog on.

If they want the Yak they'll also want Joey and Vic. Vic they can have but the other two they wouldn't be able to afford.

Why don't our Nigerian contingent suggest that this consortium buy us out, it could be a lot cheaper in the long term

If there is fire to this smoke I for one am very worried, Nigerians in positions of wealth and power do have a particularly unsavory air of corruption about them and I feel they would offer Yak financial incentives that we can't compete with. Hope this is bollocks though.

ATB

Mac

Yeah, I got an email from those guys the other day. They must have been trying to get to Kenwright or something. Anyway, somehow it ended up in my email. Looks like they gave up and went for Newcastle instead. Oh well.

Lagos, Nigeria.

Attention: The Chairman/CEO

Dear Sir,

Confidential Business Proposal

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts. The above sum resulted from an over-invoiced contract, executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a contractor by the name of Abdulrasaq Yakubu Aiyegbeni. This action was however intentional and since then the fund has been in a suspense account at The Central Bank Of Nigeria Apex Bank.

We are now ready to transfer the fund overseas and that is where you come in. It is important to inform you that as civil servants, we are forbidden to operate a foreign account; that is why we require your assistance.

The transfer is risk free on both sides. I am an accountant with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). If you find this proposal acceptable, we shall require the following documents:

( a ) your banker's name, telephone, account and fax numbers.

( b ) your private telephone and fax numbers —for confidentiality and easy communication.

( c ) your letter-headed paper stamped and signed.

Alternatively we will furnish you with the text of what to type into your letter-headed paper, along with a breakdown explaining, comprehensively what we require of you. The business will take us thirty (30) working days to accomplish.

Please reply urgently.

Best regards

Howgul Abul Arhu

Bugger me look whats landed already, they don't miss a trick those Nigerians

Lagos, Nigeria.

Attention: All the people of Newcastle

Dear Geordies

Confidential Business Proposal

Having consulted with my colleagues and based on information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the ownership of Newcastle Utd Football Club into our accounts. This club purchase resulted from an over-invoiced contract with a certain Kevin Keegan executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a foreign contractor called M Ashley. This action was however intentional and since then the club has been in a suspense situation

We are now ready to transfer the club overseas and that is where you come in. It is important to inform you that as civil servants, we are forbidden to operate a foreign football club; that is why we require your assistance. The total sum will be shared as follows: 70% for us, 25% for you and 5% for local and international expenses incidental to the transfer.

The transfer is risk free on both sides. I am an accountant with the Nigerian National Football Corporation (NFPC). If you find this proposal acceptable, we shall require the following documents:

(a) your banker's name, telephone, account and fax numbers.

(B) your private telephone and fax numbers —for confidentiality and easy communication.

© your letter-headed paper stamped and signed.

Alternatively we will furnish you with the text of what to type into your letter-headed paper, along with a breakdown explaining, comprehensively what we require of you. The business will take us thirty (30) working days to accomplish.

Please reply urgently.

Best regards

Howgul Abul Arhu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central Bank of Nigeria

Lagos, Nigeria

01-658-21-2658