IGNORED

Abu Dhabi Broker Representing Efc-interested Clients From Middle East

Louis

from bluekipper

Originally Posted by Daneli:

Correct Joe.

It makes me laugh to see this thread still growing by the day because Conga's original post was genuine - due diligence was completed, everything was in place, a teary Billy Liar had even said his goodbyes to the manager and players - and then right at the very death he pulled the plug.

The broker was Amanda Staveley.

The company who were commisioned to carry out due diligence in spring 2009 are http://www.grant-thornton.co.uk/deals.aspx who were paid

a six figure sum on completion.

Have a search for Staveley/Everton/Arabs using the above date, that should give you the answer.

Kenwright was "blamed 100%" for the collapse of this deal.

I could give you the names of the partner, director and manager of Grant Thornton who actually carried out the DD. Also, the name of the advisor

to Amanda Staveley whom I have this first hand information from - but for obvious reasons (one being I gave my word) it is not as simple as

it would seem.

Anyway, I know it was an 'Arab group' with very serious money who had had an earlier interest in a takeover when Kirkby was still 'a goer' (not that it ever was!!) and if you add it all together to the timing of Conga's original post you would seemingly get:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ays-Moyes.html

Anyway, I guess my point is when it comes down to what is best for Everton Football Club, W Kenwright CBE is not up to the task.

And his past proves the point.

2 things with the post from bluekipper...well may be 3 things.

1. Who blamed Kenwright for the collapse? It sounds nice and easy to blame Kenwright but do we know that the investors didn't pull out when they had a better offer of PSG?

2. I don't get the "his past proves the point"? (Genuinely)

3. Do we know what sort of investment PSG have had since their takeover? Have we missed out with that investor?

3. Do we know what sort of investment PSG have had since their takeover? Have we missed out with that investor?

EW....it would make your eyes water. I suggest NOT looking up the transfer activity of PSG :) In summary, they bought the best players from their rivals (those who were still young and experienced within French Football)

EW....it would make your eyes water. I suggest NOT looking up the transfer activity of PSG smile.png In summary, they bought the best players from their rivals (those who were still young and experienced within French Football)

and some! didnt they buy some lad from an italian club, who city and chelsea were after?

and some! didnt they buy some lad from an italian club, who city and chelsea were after?

Pastore? Yeah, for like £40+ Mill....nearlly £30m more than they paid for any other player! He'll be one hell of a player though! I remember I kept buying him on Fifa 10, Javier Pastore, I never went into career mode without buying him :)

The rumblings you hear - the emails from Ross, the dialogue from the Blue Union recordings, his interviews paint a very 'strange' picture of Kenwright. The fact that Barry Horne has come out with a vague reference to his asking price is very interesting. Has the code of silence around goodison been broken? Does this coincide with Ross leaving the club?

It's a long shot but are there people within the club who now realise that they can't continue the fight on Bill's behalf? Is Moyes playing a clever game of exploiting his lack of support to fire those who oppose the current board? Is Barry Horne doing likewise?

Whichever way it happens - change is needed, a complete shake up and by that I hope that Bill isn't the only fall guy. Those who have stood by whilst he digs a bigger hole for himself (earl, woods, and to an extent those who have appeared to be complicit with the spin and nonsense that has been torn to shreds).

Moyes needs a backroom staff shake up, I personally don't think Round is the right man for him - I don't know him but his track record and following comment in the guardian does not suggest he is the right man

"Since then it is understood Round, who departs with an apparently generous pay off, had resisted Southgate's plans to make Boro tactically less cautious and more attacking"