IGNORED

Arsenal (away)

troy8

How in the hell did Lescott manage to miss that header....he had the whole goal completely open and managed to direct it straight to Clichy on the far post, the near post wasn't covered and Almunia had gone walkabout.

Could have made a big difference to go in 2-0 at half time.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think we played that bad, we were outclassed in the second half but no ones work ethic can be questioned. Even Yak tried hard given he was 1 on 4 whenever he got it in the second half. Peanuts looked really good and was our main attacking weapon in the first half. Fellaini was awesome. He gained posession for us countless times whether in the air or through disposessing them by foot and even provided a bit going forward. That was the best I can remember seeing Hibbert play he was even able to get the ball off Adebayor a couple of times. Arteta didn't do a lot but he rarely gave the ball away and was getting marked pretty hard. All in all I actually think it was quite an encouraging performance in what is probably English footballs toughest assignment.

We didn't play bad at all, it's just a shame to go one nil ahead and then lose it. Even when the goal went in I was sure that Arsenal would come-back and win 4-1. Luckily it only got to 3. I was dissapointed with the first goal. Yakubu should never have lost possession in that kind of area. He should have either normally controlled it and gone on a run, or hoofed it away to safety. His poor touch led to a simple turn and another Nasri goal.

As for the second it was just great football, which can also be said for the third. Walcott just gets better and better. I was pleased with the team's commitment, I still thought that Yakubu could have done more. But on the whole a good solid performance against a tough side. Glad to see Tim Howard back to saving shots rather than pulling out.

I was there yesterday. We played well in parts, but lets be honest Arsenal are a nightmare to play against - the passing, pace of movement and fluidity is fantastic.

Lescott had a distinctly average game, but the big fella is getting better all the time, though was worried that he was pushed so far up and we seemed to be using him as a Duncan and lumping it to him.

Lets face it, we will probably lose to United and then its starts for us from there, against Bolton and Fulham to see if we can drag something from the season.

In terms of off the pitch, what the hell was the fighting about yesterday? It wasn't 10 seconds of handbags, this went on for nearly 10 minutes and involved a fair few. Given how many empty seats were in those parts after the fisticuffs finished, I get the feeling all concerned took it outside too.

In terms of off the pitch, what the hell was the fighting about yesterday? It wasn't 10 seconds of handbags, this went on for nearly 10 minutes and involved a fair few. Given how many empty seats were in those parts after the fisticuffs finished, I get the feeling all concerned took it outside too.

Apparently the Arsenal fans above were throwing stuff down onto the Everton fans (bottles with fluid in, food, spitting on them etc etc). The Everton fans didn't like it and when the stewards failed to do anything the Everton fans reacted angrily towards the stewards.