IGNORED

Rugby League World Cup Thread

Guest Reg Reagan

I'm gonna come to the london olympics so I can see first hand the tabloids tear your team to shreds when we win more golds than you. It's gonna take more than cycling to beat us next time.

Tell you what Jesse, I'll meet at Heathrow at the end of the games and give you £100 for every gold that you get if you give me £100 for every one we get. I reckon that'll pay for a nice holiday for me and the family....maybe even join you on the flight back to Oz (as long as you promise not to sulk) ;) .

Tell you what Jesse, I'll meet at Heathrow at the end of the games and give you £100 for every gold that you get if you give me £100 for every one we get. I reckon that'll pay for a nice holiday for me and the family....maybe even join you on the flight back to Oz (as long as you promise not to sulk) ;) .

Can we work it out on account of golds compared to population? Then you have a deal.

Guest Reg Reagan

what a total farce england were at the WC.

They couldnt match it with the kiwis and the skips with their wrestling style of play... england rush a lot in their play the balls but they cant when they are getting wrestled on the ground and the mistake has been made.

BUt anyways i do bloody hope the kiwis put a good one on the skips in the finals

I'm still on the website trying to figure out what we actually did, not a Rugby fan myself. From what I gather we beat a team at the start of our Pool match, who judging by thier crap flag were not much good. I think it's the Papa New Guinea flag, right?

So, we then went and played New Zealand and got beat a few times before making it to the semi-final and losing again..I don't really understand it and I'm probably way of track, could someone breifly explain what even happened this year?

whoops i confused myself its like this.

Group A (A "super group" made up of the top 4 seeds with 3 qualifiers)

Australia

New Zealand

England

France

Group B (5th to 8th seeds, 2 qualifiers)

Papua New Guinea

Samoa

Tonga

Ireland

Group C (9th to 12th seeds, 1 qualifier)

Scotland

Wales

Fiji

Lebanon

Top 2 from Group A go straight to semi-finals

Round 2

Match A: 3rd place in Group A vs, winner of Group C

Match B: First place in Group B vs. Second place in Group B

Semi Finals

Match C: Winner of Match A vs. Group A runners-up

Match D: Winner of Match B vs. Group A winners

Final

Winner of Match C vs. Winner of Match D

+ A continuation cup running parallel with the knockout stages.

Thanks for that Duck. Like I said I'm not a big Rugby fan but I just want to know how England are doing and where they are in the standings. They usually have it on in the local club so I will pay some attention today when it comes on, either that or Horse-Racing (:

I wonder what the odd's would be on Lebanon to win the cup :P

Thanks for that Duck. Like I said I'm not a big Rugby fan but I just want to know how England are doing and where they are in the standings. They usually have it on in the local club so I will pay some attention today when it comes on, either that or Horse-Racing (:

I wonder what the odd's would be on Lebanon to win the cup :P

It's finished :huh:

Pool A:

Australia

New Zealand

England

Papua New Guinea

Pool B:

Tonga

Samoa

Ireland

Pool C: