IGNORED

Germany Vs England

Germany vs England - Venue: Olympic Stadium, Berlin Date: Wednesday, 19 November Kick-off: 1945 Coverage: Live on ITV

So how do people think this game will go down?

Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are out with injuries while John Terry is a doubt. And Gerrard has been asked to report to the boss after he tore a leg muscle:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7729516.stm

We all remember...

england5cqb6.jpg

I'm sure I read on SSN that he wasn't in the squad. He may have had a late call-up that I missed though.

Fair enough mate, probably true. I just based my answer on his previous starts...

Think international friendlies are a bit of a waste of time and pretty meaningless personally.

Having said that it's not nice to lose to Germany....although I think we probably will.

Disagree with you there mate. They are good for keeping the England boys on their toes in the league, it might not seem it but alot of players will go up that extra gear to get an England call up freindly or not. Look at Mancienne for Wolves in the championship making the senior call up. Besides these freindlys are pretty much needed for maintence so we don't see ''England rust'' when it comes to competitive games. Imagine no freindlys having played 20+ games in a 4-5-1 formation all season in the premier league to be called to a new formation, new players, and new tatical system to play an important game. Not very reliable is it?

Think training camps would be more effective in building spirit and working on formation/tactics etc. Not always, you need an occasional game but there are too many. Also "injured" players like Gerrard would be less likely to be pulled out by their clubs.

The "keeping players on their toes" argument crashes and burns if you take Lescott as the example :) .

Think training camps would be more effective in building spirit and working on formation/tactics etc. Not always, you need an occasional game but there are too many. Also "injured" players like Gerrard would be less likely to be pulled out by their clubs.

The "keeping players on their toes" argument crashes and burns if you take Lescott as the example :) .

I think camps would be effective to a degree, but it can never emulate the experience a freindly can. You can hand pick the country you're playing and the natural pressure that the England players are under in any game is 'character building' to say the least.

Indeed Lescott does not exactly help my point one bit, the git ; ) but alot of players who don't magically gain an England cap with ease would jump through hoops to earn a spot.

Edited by Callidus

--------------------James--------------------

Johnson-----Terry-------Richards----Bridge

------------------------------------------------

-----------------Barry/Carrick---------------

Swp----------------------------------A.Young

--------------------Walcott-------------------

------ Agbonlahor---------------------------

----------------------------Bent--------------

Teaboy-Bill.

Pretty much what id go for to start off with, One thing which we have is alot of pace with Walcott and Agbonlahor being the two quickest players in the EPL also Midget on the RW and Young on the left they should cause Germany alot of problems. A decent back four with Barry or Carrick infront to clear any danger and ping the ball around.

Im hoping we really impress as its time that the regulars started sweating for their shirts as am sick of hearing people say that prick Gerrard is a must player.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Walcott ------------------------------ A.Young

------------------- Gerrard -------------------

--------- Agbonlahor ------ Bent -------------

Pretty much what id go for to start off with, One thing which we have is alot of pace with Walcott and Agbonlahor being the two quickest players in the EPL also Midget on the RW and Young on the left they should cause Germany alot of problems. A decent back four with Barry or Carrick infront to clear any danger and ping the ball around.

Im hoping we really impress as its time that the regulars started sweating for their shirts as am sick of hearing people say that prick Gerrard is a must player.

A prick he may be, but he is deffo a must play player, Imagine Walcott in place of SWP and Gerrard bombing in behind the two strikers. Gerrard would be in my team every week.

PS...... Ive edited the team for you. :D

Haha u git :lol: yeah i know he's a great player but im not a massive fan when it comes to Gerrard and England he does play his part at times but i mean more the whole Gerrard/Lampard saga was what i meant.

To be honest if he or Lampard where available i would have put that team out as you suggested.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Walcott ------------------------------ A.Young

------------------- Gerrard -------------------

--------- Agbonlahor ------ Bent -------------

Should that be the team I would be confident. We've been doing really well under Fabio Capello and I think that this will be the real test in which we get our own way. Germany will look threatening on the attack but I am confident that we can do something about that. Bent and Agbonlahor will do well for us, especially Agbonlahor and Walcott/Young will provide some pace down the wings.

Need to watch out for Ballack who could come up with something but I have full faith in David James.

Not a large fan of SWP. He's not a bad played but he's not up to England standard. He coulden't get a game for Chelsea and hasn't really done much for England when he has played. Walcott is definatly a better player and I'm a little upset about his injury. I especially wanted both Hart and Walcott in the team who are now injured.

Carrick will be good. He's on good form at Old Trafford. He scored against Hull City in the 5-0 win and looked excellent, I'm pleased to see his name in the team.

I'm unsure why Gareth Barry is in the team, I haven't heard much from his this season so I don't know why he is there. Can't Carrack play on his own with the regular midfield?

At half-time it 1-0 to England. Mattew Upson with the goal. It was from a corner that it all happened. Adler, the Germany goalkeeper came out and made a poor attempt to catch the ball, flapped at it and allowed it to drop in front of him, a little scramble led to Mattew Upson sliding in and scoring the goal. We've been the better side and the goal is much deserved. I woulden't be surprised if we got a few more goals, Agbonlahor has had one dissalowed. A SWP cross ended with his coming round and tipping the ball past Adler. SWP is doing well down the wing along with a few others, goalscorer Upson in perticular.

Edited by dark

Upson played well tonight and on present form would swop him for Lescott, the best player for me tonight was Downing what an engine that fella has got, covered every blade of grass in attack and in defence, i know a lot of peeps dont rate him but i'd have him here in a flash if he came on the Market. The best forward on the field tonight imo.

I was pleased with the all round performace from the England team. Capello has become a really good manager for us now. We need to improve in time for the next World Cup but for taking on the Germans that was good enough. I thought that for all we've been calling Upson he played well and was glad that he got a goal. Jagielka should be in there but then again Upson did do the buisness on the night.

John Terry's error with Scott Carson should never of happened. It went down to poor communication that it went in. Either Carson should have been quicker coming out of Terry should have cleared to ball earlier. I myself blame Terry for it. He admitted his mistake and got the winning goal. I don't think he played badly but he should have dealt with the goal better.

We should he done better with our chances too. Agbonlahor and Bent had wonderful chances to score and they didn't. Especially Darren Bent when he rounded the keeper only to loose his footing and scoop the ball past the post.