IGNORED

Ryan Taylor

He's an Evertonian I think, he said that the club he would most like to play for would be us. Just for some reason we pulled out of the deal at the last minute and he signed for Wigan. He's great going foreward, nice at the back and showed he can score from his wonder-goal against Newcastle United at the weekend.

I would like him to sign. I'm happy with Phil Neville at right back at the minute but he could come in handy for other roles, surely the right-back position isn't the only place he can play. Tony Hibbert dosen't look too got either does he, he could be sold for some peanuts to clear the squad up.

Wigan acquired his services on 13 July 2005, from Wirral based club Tranmere Rovers for an undisclosed fee, beating off competition from Everton and Norwich City. Taylor signed a four-year contract at the JJB Stadium, due to run until 2009.

Got that from Wikipedia. It says that Wigan beat both us and Norwich in the race to sign him but I'm pretty sure that we actually pulled out of the deal because we wanted to go after other players, I'm not sure that 'beaten off' would be the right word for it.

Also, his contract runs out in 2009. This means that if we put in a good offer they might be pleased to sell him, if it comes to the end of his contract then he will come to us for free, not what Wigan want so we should be looking to make an offer throughout January, if nothing else to scare Wigan into selling him cheap before his contract is up.

Think he would be a great signing too. :)

For me Hibbert can go in January. With Jacobsen back we will not need him, should he stay he will be the third choice for that position. Jacobsen will have to fight his way into the team, Phil Neville has been doing well at RB and will not want to be booted out as soon as Lars is fit. I will want to see Lars fighting for his début.

I may be totally wrong, but if he can play in centre-back then maybe he could replace Lescott? I'm just making a guess assuming he can play in the centre because he could be the person to give Joleon a kick up the backside and make him work.

Ryan would be a good signing IMO, I've said this all along, he would be a squad player but a good body to have.