IGNORED

Anichebe Signs Pro

MikeO

i've said it lots of times already and i'll repeat it again!

we've got nothing to lose and not a lot to gain until the end of the season now, anichobe and some of the other lads should be getting on the bench and 20-30 minute appearences instead of someone like Ferguson.

we've got defenders who have made the bench, when we've had injuries, they should be getting a chance now.

it's as good a time as any preseason period to be giving some of the youth a little taster.

i don't like the fact that we do sign these players up with pro contracts then leave them to rot for a year or 2 before giving them away on a free. I know a lot of them aren't up to it when it comes down to it but a bit of time on the pro field will really sort out those who've got it and those who haven't. you may not shine straight away but if you really want it you'll go into that next reserve game desperate to show your worth having been given the chance of playing with the big boys once.