IGNORED

Darren Bent Wants Move To Everton ?

Guest efctaxi

Bent is believed to be devastated at Defoe's return and would welcome the chance to resurrect his career at a northern club such as Newcastle or Everton.

Do reporters just copy and paste these teams? It seems that every player we are linked with Newcastle want him too. If all this came true the whole transfer market would be a constant battle between us and them. I would like to see him at Goodison. More than anyone we have been linked with (Vagner looks like a myth now) so he should do well at our club. Saha and Bent. Very nice :)

hardly memorizing its called 'looking it up' :mellow:

Indeed, Google is your friend - I mean, off the top of my head I remember him scoring 49 goals at Ipswich Town when he played between the years of 2001 & 2005. He made a good impact and played 121 games. Since then he has been at Charlton scoring 37 in 79 and currently plays for Spurs. He has 13 goals to his name in 46 games. For more information I think I can re-call him being born on the 6th February 1984. But thats all that I can remember :P

"He was handed a formal warning by police in June 2004 after he was alleged to have shot a 12-year old with a pellet gun" :lol:

Oh yeah, forgot about that ;)

Scored a few goals in his career, even at Spurs when they were playing crap and I'd have him at us.

Edited by dark

Ideally we'd went someone better but due to our budget constraints I'd just be happy for a striker of any quality. That being said Bent has bags of pace and is a proven finisher, even if he's a little scrappy. If we can secure a loan for him he'll probably get us close to 10 goals for the rest of the season. The rest will come from midfield.

We were linked with him in the summer and I thought then he'd be a good purchase.

Scored loads for a bad Spurs side early on this season and I'd definitely take him. Bags of pace, proven in the Prem, we've got no cash so loan is as good as we could hope for but I'd give this a yes.

Possible likelihood to this too considering Spurs have Defoe and Pavlyuchenko up top and by all accounts Bent is unhappy at them buying Defoe back.

If it is going to happen though, any chance of it being done before 5 minutes before deadline do you reckon...? :angry:

Loan yes, buy no. Still needs to prove himself.

Are you being serious? Needs to prove himself? Look how many goals he has scored in the last couple of years, even this season he is on something like 13.

Scored alot for charlton of all teams, even when they got relegated still 20+ goals that season.

Only problem i see is that people are put off buy the price spurs paid, yes £16.5m was over the odds but its spurs, they pay stupid prices for most players.

Are you being serious? Needs to prove himself? Look how many goals he has scored in the last couple of years, even this season he is on something like 13.

Scored alot for charlton of all teams, even when they got relegated still 20+ goals that season.

Only problem i see is that people are put off buy the price spurs paid, yes £16.5m was over the odds but its spurs, they pay stupid prices for most players.

Yep.

For me there's definitely still some legs in this rumour, despite not hearing anything for a day or two.

Spurs are clearly looking for reinforcements up top, otherwise they wouldn't be chasing a pudding with an attitude problem (Adriano not Yak).

If they sign another forward in the next week or so, I woud go balls out to try and get Bent on loan.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah, forgot about that ;)

Scored a few goals in his career, even at Spurs when they were playing crap and I'd have him at us.

i agree mucker,i would get him in straight away,he,s a proven goalscorer and think the way we,re playing at the moment would suit him.that,s as long as moyes doesn,t have one of his brainstorms and goes back to 4.4.2. i think bent would jump at the chance definetely ahead of a move to newcastle(wish we where liverpool) united all the best to the boys on sundayc.o.y.b

• 4 weeks later...
I heard the option to buy Jo is a similar price . If Jo does well , we would have to lose someone to get either probably , and definitely to get both .

efctaxi, ur right we'd have to lose someone to get them both but think about that. What a pairing that would be?

I hope its not just me, just think of Jo's flair and creative movement, with Bents abilty to score with eaither foot, from anywhere around the 12 yard box n both have pace to burn! Jo's ability to pick out passes (evident form the Bolton game) and Bent's ability to latch onto quick passes and loose balls is unparrellel to most in the prem.

As a pairing, either one has the following or both... Good Height, Good shot accuracy, Good shot power, good decision making, Nice control...i'm probably getting way too ahead of myself but hey!?!?

Just hope Jo keeps it up n doesn't wanna go back to the team he struggled in. Mybe we could knick him at the similar price, that would be a bargain! :D

BTW .... Have we forgotten we also have one of the best goal scorers in the prem already in our team ?

Let's not forget about the Yak too quickly :)

exactly, I would well rather have Yakubu than Bent, when we give service to the yak he proves he's one of the best finishers around, when we dont some fans dont realise that and put blame on yak for playing poor.

exactly, I would well rather have Yakubu than Bent, when we give service to the yak he proves he's one of the best finishers around, when we dont some fans dont realise that and put blame on yak for playing poor.

Bent can score without decent service. He's proved that at spurs this year, not saying yak isnt good just bent can score from out nothin

Guest efctaxi

We only need a few new players and we will have a squad capable of challenging for the top 4 every year ( not saying the title ) once our injuries heal .

The most exciting prospect for me , in particularly next season , will hopefully be a fit James Vaughan , who I think could possibly become our best striker if his potential comes to fruition .