IGNORED

Acting Like You Won

stinkbomb

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its 2 separate things

1. too many wools follow us and have no geographical link to merseyside, therefore everton are just another team to them

2. pretending the derby means nothing is a sly way of winding them up, i.e. we only care about the BIG teams.

every local match going red i know counts the derby as the biggest games of the season, nothing, not even united, feels quite like a derby. the horrible nervous feeling you have days beforehand, derby belly. derbys are fucking horrible, spiteful things. they dominate your life for pretty much the whole week and you cant enjoy them till the final whistle, even at 2 or 3 up you're still bricking it with 5 minutes left.

plank! ouch! come on play nice sweetheart.

fisrt of all, it says wirral as my location. i was posting under the assumption that this is clearly visable to everyone on this board? i havent labeled myself as anything!

and second of all, on the subject of contrary, in your first reply to me you said "but i dont see where a geographical link to Merseyside would make you more of a fan of any club and carry less passion for which ever club it is you support"

and then in your second reply you denied talking about "how much of a fan you are"

but what i really dont understend is why you think you know more about the nature of our support than me? the question was asked why some liverpool fans say everton isnt a big game. the fact is that a lot of liverpool fans dont see it as a derby and treat it like any other game. the united game is the only other that sells using the same pre-req rules as the derby (2 pre-determined fixtures registered against a fan card), and every year united sells out twice as fast. this season the derby eventually went to any fancard holder with any 08-09 game registered against it and there were still tickets on sale that evening! sad fact of the modern game but too many sky generation fans believe the media hype over the mythical "big-four" and see games against the likes of everton, spurs, west ham, and villa as average run of the mill games comparable to bolton or reading. whether you like it or not, and clearly you dont, the lads at the match you see and hear with this type of attitude never have a local accent.

this quote bollocks is beyond me but i think bluebri put it much more eloquently than i can on page 4 of this thread.

so you either think you know our fans better than me, or think i'm lying about it?

In your first point you say that you have to many supporters who have no link to Merseyside and that Everton are just another team. Now who are you to label fans from outside of that region as being less supportive towards Derby games if you ask many of the Evertonians on here who are not from Merseyside if they see the Derby as any other game im sure you will find its the contrary.

My posts are not specifically directed at Liverpool nor its supporters the point is you think that people dont see something as important or as special due to there location now what gives you that right to label things in such light? You can not tell me you have a full collective of other Liverpool supporters on the subject so you would not know its simply your and maybe a few of your mates opinions its not fact simple.

Then you say how every local match going red and how much the Derby feels and means to them then you say not even United feels quite like a Derby from which you go on to say in another post

but what i really dont understend is why you think you know more about the nature of our support than me? the question was asked why some liverpool fans say everton isnt a big game. the [fact is that a lot of liverpool fans dont see it as a derby and treat it like any other game. the united game is the only other that sells using the same pre-req rules as the derby (2 pre-determined fixtures registered against a fan card), and every year united sells out twice as fast

So one minute the Derby game in your opinion is a massive game for local supporters and then the next it is not and the United game is more of an attraction very contradicting!

so you either think you know our fans better than me, or think i'm lying about it?

I have at no point said i know more then you about you own support and i would not want to but the point is how can you talk for the thousands of supporters that follow your club as if what you say is fact is what makes me laugh you seem to think you know everything which with such shallow minded views you clearly dont so its not a case of knowing more then you or thinking your lying its a case of common sense and having a broader view of football and its supporters.

I really cant see Liverpool supporters taking the Derby games on par with playing Bolton and WestHam i mean come on your not doing yourself and the so called real supporters you know so well any favours by coming out with complete bollocks like that.

As i have already said you are very contradictive of your own opinions and some of the tripe in that last post is very laughable and if i could be arsed to i would pull more points on the shite you have posted but i really cant be arsed.

Edited by EFC-Paul

wanted to say my point 1st....

all this 'you acting like you won the champs league', 'the game means nothing to us anyway' rubbish being spouted by reds at the moment really is quite pathetic.

it smacks of play ground sour grapes, the kid who gets his apple taken away then screams 'yeah well i didnt want it anyway'!

they cant seem to be dignified in either victory or defeat (well done Moyesy for that nice little dig in the after match press conference- along with a very fair review of the game, unlike the waiters usual 'its not my fault, its not fair, we were robbed' statement)

a little aside.... i was in the Upper Gwladys, my brother in the bullins with a dirty red shirt on. lots of banter txt's, he asked for a lift home after the game at half time... then for some reason i could'nt get hold of him at full time....phone off, no where to be seen at the meeting point.... strange considering reds don't care about the Derby anymore :P

PS... a little up the thread a blue seemed to have a go at a red for being from the Wirral.... I'm from the Wirral, living in the Midlands, does that make me any less of a Blue then someone born and bred in the District of Everton??? :angry: , my friend i was at the game with is Brummy born and bred, as yam yam as they come, yet he is pretty much THE most passionate Everton fan I have ever met. travelling from Birmingham to Goodison season ticket in hand untill he Joined the forces and could commit every weekend, is he any less of a blue coz of where he was born?

anyways my rant over.

all this 'you acting like you won the champs league', 'the game means nothing to us anyway' rubbish being spouted by reds at the moment really is quite pathetic.

it smacks of play ground sour grapes, the kid who gets his apple taken away then screams 'yeah well i didnt want it anyway'!

they cant seem to be dignified in either victory or defeat (well done Moyesy for that nice little dig in the after match press conference- along with a very fair review of the game, unlike the waiters usual 'its not my fault, its not fair, we were robbed' statement)

a little aside.... i was in the Upper Gwladys, my brother in the bullins with a dirty red shirt on. lots of banter txt's, he asked for a lift home after the game at half time... then for some reason i could'nt get hold of him at full time....phone off, no where to be seen at the meeting point.... strange considering reds don't care about the Derby anymore :P

PS... a little up the thread a blue seemed to have a go at a red for being from the Wirral.... I'm from the Wirral, living in the Midlands, does that make me any less of a Blue then someone born and bred in the District of Everton??? :angry: , my friend i was at the game with is Brummy born and bred, as yam yam as they come, yet he is pretty much THE most passionate Everton fan I have ever met. travelling from Birmingham to Goodison season ticket in hand untill he Joined the forces and could commit every weekend, is he any less of a blue coz of where he was born?

anyways my rant over.

i have to agree with you on the comment on were you come from or were you live im blue through and through was born in liverpool but moved to halifax 25 years ago but im part of a branch from wakefeild which send s a bus out to every home game and travel to near every away game half of them are like lme expats and the rest are yorkshire men but fair game to them all as every game for us is infact an away game with our travel but worth it my son was born over here and has a season ticket and i did until a couple of years ago but still get to as many games as i can with him and the branch to me it does not matter where you come from (unless norway lol) if you were born with blue blood in your viens its good enough for me and fair game to the people up and down that have taken our great club to thier hearts

In your first point you say that you have to many supporters who have no link to Merseyside and that Everton are just another team. Now who are you to label fans from outside of that region as being less supportive towards Derby games if you ask many of the Evertonians on here who are not from Merseyside if they see the Derby as any other game im sure you will find its the contrary.

My posts are not specifically directed at Liverpool nor its supporters the point is you think that people dont see something as important or as special due to there location now what gives you that right to label things in such light? You can not tell me you have a full collective of other Liverpool supporters on the subject so you would not know its simply your and maybe a few of your mates opinions its not fact simple.

Then you say how every local match going red and how much the Derby feels and means to them then you say not even United feels quite like a Derby from which you go on to say in another post

but what i really dont understend is why you think you know more about the nature of our support than me? the question was asked why some liverpool fans say everton isnt a big game. the [fact is that a lot of liverpool fans dont see it as a derby and treat it like any other game. the united game is the only other that sells using the same pre-req rules as the derby (2 pre-determined fixtures registered against a fan card), and every year united sells out twice as fast

So one minute the Derby game in your opinion is a massive game for local supporters and then the next it is not and the United game is more of an attraction very contradicting!

I have at no point said i know more then you about you own support and i would not want to but the point is how can you talk for the thousands of supporters that follow your club as if what you say is fact is what makes me laugh you seem to think you know everything which with such shallow minded views you clearly dont so its not a case of knowing more then you or thinking your lying its a case of common sense and having a broader view of football and its supporters.

I really cant see Liverpool supporters taking the Derby games on par with playing Bolton and WestHam i mean come on your not doing yourself and the so called real supporters you know so well any favours by coming out with complete bollocks like that.

As i have already said you are very contradictive of your own opinions and some of the tripe in that last post is very laughable and if i could be arsed to i would pull more points on the shite you have posted but i really cant be arsed.

So one minute the Derby game in your opinion is a massive game for local supporters and then the next it is not and the United game is more of an attraction very contradicting! stop making things up, where have i suddenly decided the derby game isn't a massive game? the point i was making, which you seem to have conveniently ignored was that the united game was a bigger attraction than the derby to the type of fans you have flooded the game in the last 15 years or so, the type who spend all game taking photos on their mobiles, texting their mates, waving like bellends at the cameras every time the ball goes out for a throw or a corner, moan when people stand up when were attacking, come up to you outside the ground asking "which one is the kop?", dressing up like a kid at a birthday party with face paint and jester style hats, and expecting to be entertained by the "famous atmosphere" and failing to realise that they have to be a part of that atmosphere in the first place. <<That is the type of person i'm refering to. i encapsulated it under the title "sky generation fans" for ease of typing.

i'm sure you will have seen the same change yourself at goodison in the type of fans you go the game nowadays?

you only have to look at the average gates at anfield down the years to see the difference, since i started going we used to get around 33,000ish and it was the same for years, you could get a ticket on the day of the game, even pay on the gate in the corner of the kop, during the mid 90s it started to increase, and by the end of the 90's we were getting over 40,000, now all of a sudden its exploded, sold out pretty much every game on the day of the sale, 58,000 on the seasie waiting list. where did all these people crawl out from all of a sudden? i gave up my seasie in 98 as the aways were to tempting to go on, and were killing me financially and i thought it would be easier to just buy tickets game for game. within 2 years i'd put myself on the waiting list as it was getting harder and harder to get tickets, i'm still waiting now, and some lads have been on it as long as 15 years, and just a few seasons before they were on it they were walking up to the ground and paying in.

i didnt come out with complete bollocks like that though did i? why are you throwing bolton in with west ham? i said everton, spurs, villa, and west ham, and the point which you seem to have missed is that these games ARE big games, its just that certain liverpool fans dont treat them as big games becasue they believe all the hype about the "big4".

You can not tell me you have a full collective of other Liverpool supporters on the subject so you would not know its simply your and maybe a few of your mates opinions its not fact simple.

why would i tell you that? i'm telling you what i SEE and HEAR week in, week out at anfield. why would i need to question every liverpool fan in the country to come to the conclusion that SOME of them are shit fans who care more about the kudos of supporting a certain team than the team itself or the city they represent? i can see it for myself, and unfortunatly it is a fact. and it is much, much more than just mine and a few mates opinions.

its also the opinion of pretty much every evertonian i have ever spoken to that liverpool have a load of glory hunting pricks following us, you are pretty much the exception in that respect (that have made their opionions clear to me that is).

to be honest i think you just took offence to the "too many wools" comment in my first post and have been trying to justify your own support for everton ever since. its certainly how its coming across anyway.

anyways my rant over.

Thompson & Wakeyblue

Read the thread lads you have got it backwards i am defending people who support clubs from outside that specific region you have agreed with my point about supporters :rolleyes: bloody post skippers :lol:

Johny i see your points mate and your more them welcome to have a different opinion thats what these forums are here for i see it one way you see it another and we sound like to old trouts arguing about who's knitting is better so i will leave it at that plus my head cant cope with debates today im on the night shift this week so my head will explode if i have to try and think :whaa:

Edited by EFC-Paul

end of the day it doesn't matter what kind of supporter you are as long as you support your team. If your a die hard and go every week, good on ya, because the club relies on you in times of hardship when things don't go as planned...if you're a fairweather fan who only comes for the glory I'm not gonna criticise you, because you make up the numbers, after all, without the glory supporters coming the revenue wouldn't be as high and we wouldn't shift as much merchandise on the ones who just want to show their fandom instead of being true to the club.

I can't afford £200 quid for every home game so I go when I can, but I've got Everton in my blood and nobody can tell me I'm any less of a fan. Liverpool would be another "smaller" club were it not for the legions of "sky generation" fans who only come because they know Liverpool will always finish near the top of the league...and as long as you are club with a big following you will always have these types of fans, and they're part of the reason the following is as big as it is.

I think on the whole any fan can't be criticised, even if they only sing when we're winning, because fans are fans, and the more they go the more they will understand what it is to follow a team and soon enough the passion will get to them to and they will become die hards too. If anything they need an arm round the shoulder and a history lesson instead of the petty belittling that more "deserving" fans give them because they've followed the club for longer :rolleyes:

In any case, this debate has dragged on beyond all recognition so I think we can all agree that opinions are divided and they always will be, especially between the royal blues and the red shites ;)

Edited by The Regulator