IGNORED

Fellaini

As I have said in other threads based on todays game..................he showed a huge improvement on his recent performances.......and so he should. He got some really bad rough handling from Boro defenders and coped although Halsey was more than lenient on many occasions. What we need to see now is more positive passing, controlled lay offs and passion, he actually kissed the badge today.

Until he shows consistency the jury remains out IMO

Until he shows consistency the jury remains out IMO

I'm kinda' like that with Fellaini at the moment. He seems to have the passion to do well at the club (kissing the badge) and I think that he will form into a good player here. He's not doing a terrible job, most of the yellow cards that he has picked up have been un-justified. It seems that he is learning to deal with it today though. Normal service was resumed with Huth wrestling with him in the box. He took it like a pro and played past it, even scoring our first goal. The jury is still out on him but IMO I'm more on the side of liking him than not.

First half he was shocking today, so was everyone though, but second half he was one of our best players. Hopefully he's getting back the form he was showing before his suspension and injury.

I hope he gets back to the player that he was before S&I like you said Mark. He was shocking in the first half but on the other hand everyone was. It's unfair to single him out especially after scoring the most important goal today.

Lazy, clumsy, slow, poor passer, can't shoot. Hard to find the words for this panic signing.

Finally you had you opinion to write first post...

Im not thinking him as a bad player, not at all. Refs dont like him thats obvious, but we he get more experience he will be more on time and will produce much more good for us. Hes under microscope cause hes huge prizetag, our record, and thats not helping him to develope. Hes still young and having a pressures on from his prize. Same thing can be seeing now from J-Rod, after he got praise in newspapers he hasnt been that good atl all, than couple other games he looked like already a ready player gor harder position on the starting 11. Give our youngsters time, Moysie knows the best

Guest efctaxi

He is slow because of all the wind resistance above his ears :P

He is clumsy because of all the rulebook resistance between his ears :D

But today , he will have the sound of We're all going to Wembley ringing in his ears :lol:

COYB !!!

Although I think fellani has had his off time I actually think he causes alot of problems for teams as is shown when 5 people mark him. at a corner.

I actually can not believe huth and the other CB were not booked/sent off yesterday they fouled him everytime he had the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Pat Nevin....

"I didn't used to be too big a fan of Fellaini, I used to think he had a lot to learn and didn't quite see what David Moyes had seen in him."

"But now I have figured out that Moyes is miles ahead of the rest of us."

"Fellaini bullies defenders in the air. When we played Manchester United he bullied Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand - he did not lose one header."

"Yes he's young, he's too raw, he gets booked too often and makes the wrong challenges sometimes, but I can tell you that if he fills his potential of what he's got physically and what he's got technically, he will be one of the best players playing in Europe - he is that good."

"He is the best in the business in the air. No one is near him."

"The fans have to stay patient with him. Some players are quite good at a, b, c and d. But few are absolutely world class at something and Fellaini is absolutely world class in the air. But he's also good at attacking the goal."

"When he figures out how to arrive in the box at the right time he will be incredible."

"Can you imagine if Fellaini learns how to arrive in the box in the same way that Tim Cahill does? He will be getting 30 goals a season or even more! So you get the feeling that Moyesey is the right guy to work with him."

"He's going to be very, very special."