IGNORED

Champions League Draw

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id have lokoed to see the look on Platinis face if Chelsea had been drawn against Barcelona or Bayern... poss 4 British clubs in the semifinals... he would have done his nut in...... im sure he will be just as happy the way it turned out.... 3 British clubs in the Semi's

Ill look forward to his comments later in the season

Man U have pretty much got this one in the bag :rolleyes:

I don't think so..

aswell for arsenal, they are starting to play up, but the arsenal we faced a while ago would get it's ass kicked.

maybe it's wishful thinking :) , but I'm not to sure porto and villareal are going to be walked over.

fucking hell some people dont rate villarreal on here, maybe one of the weaker teams but come on they are very capable of beating arsenal, actually arsenal have a tough draw. Villareal have twice played man utd this season and drew with them twice so they arent all that bad.

I still think a Utd - Barca final but liverpool to get to the semis

Villarreal v Arsenal

United v Porto

Liverpool v Chelsea

Barcelona v Bayern

As much as I want Chelsea to progress I can see Liverpool doing it in Europe again. They have good runs in the tournement and will probably make sure that Chelsea don't cause too much of a problem. I will be supporting Chelsea like mad, and my heart wants to them to win, just my head shouts Liverpool for this one.

I agree with Aaron's comments about Villareal - they are under-rated but I believe that Arsenal have enough to overcome them. The English teams do well in competitions like this and this draw should ensure a good future for England in the competition. IMO Roma are better than Villareal. Arsenal beat Roma so they should beat Villareal.

Think you know why I chose United, they are looking unstoppable at the moment, along with Barcelona who I can see walking all over Munich. Not as good as they were Barca but still good none the less.

Arsenal were fortunate to beat roma, thats the thing, Roma had more about them.

Upon looking at the teams left you would back an english club to win it, the gap is opening up where english clubs are becoming bigger than every other continent, look at madrid against liverpool, couple of seasons back you'd shit yourself at playing madrid, now its "meh who the fuck are they? 9 times champions of it? having a laugh?" Barcelona i believe are the only ones who can maintain the quality, the Italian clubs are going shite as the style of football played by them just isnt good enough to beat english teams and the team themselves are ageing where as english ones have younger players.

Hopefully this will change soon and make the champions league a bit more continental rather than english.

IMO Roma are better than Villareal. Arsenal beat Roma so they should beat Villareal.

no they are not :)

I really think villareal is better, cazrola, senna, capdevila, nihat.. are sensational players.

Also Roma are sixth in serie a, villareal are 4th in spain, wich is in my opninion the better league.

I don't know porto very well, but seeing Man u lost to Lfc, and they didn't play that well against inter, they're "reign" might be over

Edited by Churinga

Guest efctaxi

I couldn't possibly want a multi billion pound team , constructed over night to win a match , so hope Liverpool stuff them .

Would love to watch a UTD V LFC Final :)

The word Cauldron springs to mind .

Guest efctaxi
If Barcelona and ManU are in shape, we already know what the final will look like..

I think Arsenal are starting to play well at the right time , and could just create a surprise , though still Liverpool for me as favourites . They are certainly the ' in form ' British team at the moment .

OLBG Sports have Manchester United down as certain to win the Champions League. They do seem in good form and there is every reason why they should win it (I hope they do)

Manchester United 2/1

Barcelona 11/4

Chelsea 13/2

Liverpool 7/1

Arsenal 8/1

Villareal 33/1

Porto 50/1

Edited by dark

OLBG Sports have Manchester United down as certain to win the Champions League.

Manchester United 2/1

If 2/1 bets were certainties we'd all be very rich and the bookies would all be bankrupt.

Those odds make them narrow favourites, nothing more :) .

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be hard for Manchester United now having conceded two away goals. It's a shame to see the Porto's came so late on in the game when Tevez had surely won it for them. I hope they can make it through and they probably can. Porto have shown that they are no walk-over but if United have all their players focused and working back at 100% then we will see the English team progress.

Arsenal seem to be doing well in the Champions League this year, full marks to Adebayor for getting them back into it I think that once the game is at the Emirates Arsenal will shine and go into the next round, it's a shame that I can't see them winning it though I just don't think their good enough.

I meant it was a shame they scored because I was supporting United on the night. It was a shame that Porto scored because if they hadn't we would have Manchester United all set for the next round (another English team in the hat)

I'm not denying that the goal was due and FC Porto did deserve it, United's star players were absent and it cost them the game at the end of the day, its an uphill struggle from now on in. However, they can do it (and probably will)

I was hoping for a result that will make things dificult for them next week.....anything that makes United play a full 90mins plus extra time plus pens would be fantastic for us.... a win at the end of it would be good too..... otherwise all there attention may turn to the semi...

United have Sunderland on Saturday, Porto midweek then us on Sunday..... I hope there all fucked

I was hoping for a result that will make things dificult for them next week.....anything that makes United play a full 90mins plus extra time plus pens would be fantastic for us.... a win at the end of it would be good too..... otherwise all there attention may turn to the semi...

United have Sunderland on Saturday, Porto midweek then us on Sunday..... I hope there all fucked

Sunderland, you're gonna see much of the regulars on the bench. As for the yesterday, United have no one to blame but themselves. They've underestimated porto before, and look what happened. Sure, now there's no mourinho, but that doesn't mean they don't have a solid team with quality players. Unless united come into the 2nd leg ready for bussiness, they're probably gone...

I meant it was a shame they scored because I was supporting United on the night. It was a shame that Porto scored because if they hadn't we would have Manchester United all set for the next round (another English team in the hat)

I'm not denying that the goal was due and FC Porto did deserve it, United's star players were absent and it cost them the game at the end of the day, its an uphill struggle from now on in. However, they can do it (and probably will)

Personally I think that Everton fan's should have been hoping for United to get a poor result as it means they need to push there players futher in the later games so that there is greater fatigue when they face us in the cup.