IGNORED

Champions League Draw

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor goalkeeping.

Was looking forward to this and it was over after ten minutes <_< .

I'd love to slap Ronaldo's smug arrogant obnoxious ugly cheating face. I hate that man.

Oh I doubt you alone with that sentiment Mike!

Feel sorry for Fletcher though (Did I really say that!?)

Feel sorry for Fletcher though (Did I really say that!?)

Bit of hope for him from the beeb...

"Uefa will receive the referee's report on Wednesday. In theory, he can say in the report that he made a mistake and Fletcher should not have been sent off."

"Normally that would only happen with a case of mistaken identity but Uefa says he would be able to admit the error, so Fletcher will only know for definite if he is suspended from the final when the referee submits his match report."

I hope they overturn it. He's an honest player and its a shame that he could miss out. It's swings and roundabouts though, such is with the penalty decision that went for them against Spurs. Its just a shame that an individual like Fletcher is the one that is going to suffer, though if he stays with United im pretty sure he'll get to another final before the end of his carear. He has had a good season, but people comparing this to Keane and Scholes missing the final is a little far fetched!

Guest efctaxi

OMG ... REFEREE ABSOLUTE DISGRACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe the important decisions tonight that were bottled ?

What an absolute useless gutless waste of space :angry:

Guest efctaxi

What gets me the most is that there are 4 referees on the pitch , and no way could all 4 miss all of those decisions .

Sorry , but I think there is something very wrong going on here .

Possibly an attempt to break up the domination of English teams . I really can't believe what I've just witnessed .

the red card wasn't a red card. the handballs, i don't know, close calls. neither one of them was deliberate.

I didn't see everything so i don't know if i missed some other disputable decisions.

I don't really care, they got all the luck with that goal and the red card. Chelsea is so fucking boring.

Teams who play like that should be banned from cl.

Just imagine another Man u-chelsea final. maybe you english don't mind at all, But i find it disturblingly BORING at some points.

this should be the most exciting football event! thank god barca made it.

Fuck I hadn't seen the highlights til just then, that ref was bloody awful! I don't blame any of the Chelsea players one bit for being as angry as they were, when you get clear penalties not being given on more than one occasion they have every right to be pissed off.

the red card wasn't a red card. the handballs, i don't know, close calls. neither one of them was deliberate.

I didn't see everything so i don't know if i missed some other disputable decisions.

I don't really care, they got all the luck with that goal and the red card. Chelsea is so fucking boring.

Just imagine another Man u-chelsea final. maybe you english don't mind at all, But i find it disturblingly BORING at some points.

this should be the most exciting football event! thank god barca made it.

Why? They went the Nou Camp and kept a clean sheet, no one has done that this season, chelsea did a very good job defensivly in the two games, Messi was kept quiet for 180 minutes, not everyday that happens.

Guest efctaxi

The way United play in Europe , I don't see Barcelona having a cat in hells chance .

United will tear them to shreds , as their defence is a weak point for them .

Thought that was a bit harsh. You play to your strenghts and Chelsea's strength is..well..strength. A game like that is never going to be a show piece, its all about tactics, and Hiddink got his spot on. Barca did not play much better in all fairness. For all there possein then created very very very little, always looking for the perfect goal rather than just going for it. As much as I love Barca and there brand of football they do only really have a Plan A and it would be foolish for anyone to realise this and then simply close them down.

The game was poor on the eye for a neutral you can't simply slate Chelsea for it. They know there strengths and weaknesses and played the game accordingly.

I know that you where not saying that Chelsea should actually be banned, but I think every team in the world is inferior to barca in terms of attatcng verve at the moment, with that in mind i just think a little respect should be given to Chelsea for holding out as long as they did. They may have been defensive but at least they did not simply park the bus for 180 mins.

Edited by jamiemaher85

I know that you where not saying that Chelsea should actually be banned, but I think every team in the world is inferior to barca in terms of attatcng verve at the moment, with that in mind i just think a little respect should be given to Chelsea for holding out as long as they did. They may have been defensive but at least they did not simply park the bus for 180 mins.

didn't they? Barça have a weak defense, even when they play with their starters. After 180 minutes of football, they only score once against that defense, and on a rebound ball, and you say they didn't play defensively?

Over 65% ball possession by Barça on both legs, and chelsea didn't play defensively? They handed the iniative clearly to Barça, on both legs, got lucky in Camp Nou not have had a penalty against them and a send off, and at home, while it appeared they were planning to play with the ball more, after getting a 9 minute goal, they went back to it, giving the ball and the iniative to Barça.

I'm sorry, but any team that settles back to defend with a risky 1-0 result is suicidal, and in my oppinion, they deserved to be taught a lesson for their play style. Their only focus for the whole 180 minutes was to stop Barça's attack. That was clearly NOT the same team that got to the semis by beating liverpoo 3-1 at anfield and drew 4-4 at home. There's only a reason for that, they didn't play to win, they played not to loose.

I think united, beeing an extremely balanced and experienced side, will win it again, and I know it'll be a much more exciting game to watch than another united-chelsea final.

Look how good barca have been attacking this season, the spot on tactic would to be play defenceivly, chelsea did that brilliantly imo.

Barcas only shot on target in the whole second leg was the Inesta goal, now thats not very attacking.