IGNORED

How Much.

Bill

After seeing an advert on the telly for replacement blades, I just got to wondering what percentage of our members still wet shave, and how much it costs for a replacement blade now that they have gone from a single blade to a double, and even a treble in the same shaver head. :o When will they stop increasing the amount of blades. ?? possibly when there is so much metal in it you are unable to lift it to your face. :D

Who still wet shaves and how much do these blade "refills" cost. ??

After seeing an advert on the telly for replacement blades, I just got to wondering what percentage of our members still wet shave, and how much it costs for a replacement blade now that they have gone from a single blade to a double, and even a treble in the same shaver head. :o When will they stop increasing the amount of blades. ?? possibly when there is so much metal in it you are unable to lift it to your face. :D

Who still wet shaves and how much do these blade "refills" cost. ??

I mainly use my electric shaver i used to use the Gillet stuff but the blades are gash and dont last to long and am not willing to fork out what they charge http://www.nextag.co.uk/gillette-blade/zzu...z0--search-html

I just bought a Gillette Fusion, haven't tried it yet. But liek anything with me I'll just rock it til the wheels fall off. Normally I get a few weeks worth of shaves without changing the head. Then I just buy a new one.

My old man uses Gillette but he always has stubble so I might switch to an electric. Well I would, only I like my goattee B)

I wet shave but I use disposables. Funny but I get a better shave with a "ten for a pound" razor than I do with an expensive multi-blade titanium flexi grip job :) .

I'm the same as you Mike, I use Bic disposables, The orange ones for the gentler skin :gay: as opposed to the white ones for more rugged skin. ;) Tried the white ones but got a better shave out of the orange ones and they lasted longer.

They have now come out with their disposable double bladed version, i threw them in the bin they were awfull.

At 99 pence for a packet of ten you cant get much better than these, How much do those multi bladed gillette heads cost, and how long do they last. ??

I'm the same as you Mike, I use Bic disposables, The orange ones for the gentler skin :gay: as opposed to the white ones for more rugged skin. ;) Tried the white ones but got a better shave out of the orange ones and they lasted longer.

They have now come out with their disposable double bladed version, i threw them in the bin they were awfull.

At 99 pence for a packet of ten you cant get much better than these, How much do those multi bladed gillette heads cost, and how long do they last. ??

I use the orange disposable ones aswell. :)

Guest efctaxi

Gillette Mach 3

gillette-mach-3-cartridges.jpg

By far the best I've used , but keeping them from the wife and daughters legs can be a nightmare :lol:

About £7.99 for 5 replacement blades .

Gillette Mach 3

By far the best I've used , but keeping them from the wife and daughters legs can be a nightmare :lol:

About £7.99 for 5 replacement blades .

I know i'm not a spendthrift when it comes to money, but i think you lads ought to at least give these disposables a try, they are good value for money. I can shave for a week and more (an average of 10 days) on one blade.

Consider the price of a Bic disposables (10 for a pound) against the £8 pound you pay for yours, for your £8 pound i can get 80 blades multiplied by 10 days shaving equals 800 days ( 2 years and 3 months) :o . All for £8.

In times of the credit crunch you have to cut corners here and there, but for value for money the Bics Disposables win easy, no doubt about it. :)

PS .... Taxi when i,m finished with mine i pass it on to the Mrs, not before. :)

PS ......... and all those fancy shaving creams and and aftershave balms are a waste of money, ordinary DOVE soap gets the best lather you can get and also has cream added in it, so it leaves your face nice and clean and smelling lovely. :D:D

For what its worth I use a Gillette fusion, i think, its the one that vibrates, only because it was bought as a xmas prezzie by my niece. Might have been a hint to get rid of the face fuzz. For those who have had the pleasure of meeting me will know that a Bic disposable will do for the shaved areas as the rest is kept neatly trimmed a la early 90's designer stubble. But in reality it is becaues it hides a..................multitude of chins :hairy:

Edited by The Beard

Guest efctaxi
I know i'm not a spendthrift when it comes to money, but i think you lads ought to at least give these disposables a try, they are good value for money. I can shave for a week and more (an average of 10 days) on one blade.

Consider the price of a Bic disposables (10 for a pound) against the £8 pound you pay for yours, for your £8 pound i can get 80 blades multiplied by 10 days shaving equals 800 days ( 2 years and 3 months) :o . All for £8.

In times of the credit crunch you have to cut corners here and there, but for value for money the Bics Disposables win easy, no doubt about it. :)

PS .... Taxi when i,m finished with mine i pass it on to the Mrs, not before. :)

There are some disposable ones that I have used which were ok , but they clogged up quickly , and didn't last too long before feeling sharp . Most disposeable ones tend to cut me .

I don't shave everyday .

I probably shave 2-3 times per week , so the Mach 3 normally lasts well over a month for each blade .

I wonder if anyone has tried to wax their face :huh:

Guest efctaxi
I've heard that tip before Mac (very likely from yourself) and I can vouch for it!

But that was back in 1936 .

You don't have hair now Mike :lol: