IGNORED

My Top 10 Players In The Premier League.

1. Steven Gerrard

2. Christiano Ronaldo

3. Arshavin

4. Modric

5. Berbatov

6. Cahill

7. Robinho

8. Rivera

9. Wayne Rooney

10. Tevez

Call me bias or whatever. I definetely think Modric and Cahill should be in there.

Please give me your top 10.

No Defenders. Only mids and strikers.

1. Steven Gerrard

2. Christiano Ronaldo

3. Arshavin

4. Modric

5. Berbatov

6. Cahill

7. Robinho

8. Rivera

9. Wayne Rooney

10. Tevez

Call me bias or whatever. I definetely think Modric and Cahill should be in there.

I still think you're on a loser ET.

On top of your 9 (excluding Cahill), i can name Drogba, Lampard, Van Persie, Nasri, Nani, Eduardo, Adebayor and a dozen more before Cahill gets in.

Its already been said in your other topic, He's good but he's not that good, i could pick another 20 I'd have in our team before Cahill.

Guest efctaxi
1. Steven Gerrard

2. Christiano Ronaldo

3. Arshavin

4. Modric

5. Berbatov

6. Cahill

7. Robinho

8. Rivera

9. Wayne Rooney

10. Tevez

How can you include Arshavin when he has only played a few games ?

Here's my top 10 (with defenders because they should count as well!!!)

1- Gerrard

2- C. Ronaldo

3-Torres

4-Drogba

5-J. Terry

6- Rooney

7- Fabregas

8- Vidic

9- Essien

10- Lampard

It's saddening that they all come from the top 4, but its hard to argue really. They have the money to buy the best. Amazingly only 2 of those players are acadamy products, with Cesc possibly almost qualifying as a third due to the young age he arrived, but not really

Edited by jamiemaher85

Are we basing this on form?

1. S. Gerrard

2. C. Ronaldo

3. N. Vidic

4. D. Drogba

5. M. Essien

6. C. Fabregas

7. J. Terry

8. R. Van Persie

9. W. Rooney

10. F. Lampard

I'd put Vidic that high simply because he has been amazing for Manure this season, Essien has more effect than Lampard IMHO because he changes the way they attack, they're a lot more dynamic with him in the team, and Gerrard I don't mind saying is playing some of the best football I've seen from him. Absolutely outstanding form.

Cahill is closer to 20 than top 10. Like I said in the shoutbox, I love TC, I don't know an Everton fan that doesn't and my mates (gunners especially) love him, him, Arteta and more recently jags are the 3 names that people would gladly have at their clubs, certianly the top 4. HOWEVER, and that is a big however, if all top 4 teams had all their best players available and played all their best players, pound for pound, Cahill would be behind almost all of em. It's not a swipe at the bloke, but name any player from your Ashley Young's to your Stephen Ireland's, yes they are great players, but they are not world beaters. The top 4 have stacked there teams with amazingly talented footballers, most of them in great form.

Cahill is a fantastic attacking player, but he is not in the shortlist of best players in the prem simply because there is too much competetion. In the top 25 I reckon we'd see both him and Mikel in there as they are our lampard and essien, or gerrard and alonso, but on their own, they are not in the top 10 and it is simple as that.

Modric? Slag off the mincer scored one good goal <_<

Edited by The Regulator

Guest efctaxi

Another name that seems to crop up here is Drogba .

He hasn't scored an awful lot of goals lately so why include him ?

One of the most underated players in the prem is Peter Crouch .

Ryan Giggs is also one of the better players despite his age , as is Paul Scholes .

Another name that seems to crop up here is Drogba .

He hasn't scored an awful lot of goals lately so why include him ?

On his day Drogba is one of the best strikers in the world, certainly deserving of praise, although his form has yo-yo'd a bit this season, he still contributes immensely to Chelsea's attack, and Hiddink seems to be dragging the good performances out of him.

One of the most underated players in the prem is Peter Crouch .

Because he's shit :mellow:

Ryan Giggs is also one of the better players despite his age , as is Paul Scholes .

Standard, Giggsy has a had a really good season, although Scholes hasn't had half as many games down to injury.

You're not only biased, you're crazy. Look, Cahill is one of my favorite players in the world, but one of the ten best in the league? No effing way. Not even his mother would call him one of the ten best players in the league!

One of the ten most valuable to his team? Unquestionably.

One of the ten scrappiest players in the league? Very possibly.

One of the ten best players among teams outside the Big Four? You could maybe make a case.

One of the ten best in the whole league, period? No. Not even close.

As for Modric, I'm not even going to go there.

If I'm picking the top ten mids and strikers, I'm going with Gerrard, Ronaldo, Lampard, Essien, Fabregas, Torres, Berbatov, Adebayor, Rooney, and Drogba, in no particular order. That's based partly on current form and partly on historic form (like I can't overlook the fact that Adebayor scored 24 goals last year, while Van Persie in his best year had 13).

I still think you're on a loser ET.

On top of your 9 (excluding Cahill), i can name Drogba, Lampard, Van Persie, Nasri, Nani, Eduardo, Adebayor and a dozen more before Cahill gets in.

Its already been said in your other topic, He's good but he's not that good, i could pick another 20 I'd have in our team before Cahill.

Drogba, Adebayor and Eduardo have played what 3 games this season? And scored twice? LOL

You're not only biased, you're crazy. Look, Cahill is one of my favorite players in the world, but one of the ten best in the league? No effing way. Not even his mother would call him one of the ten best players in the league!

One of the ten most valuable to his team? Unquestionably.

One of the ten scrappiest players in the league? Very possibly.

One of the ten best players among teams outside the Big Four? You could maybe make a case.

One of the ten best in the whole league, period? No. Not even close.

As for Modric, I'm not even going to go there.

If I'm picking the top ten mids and strikers, I'm going with Gerrard, Ronaldo, Lampard, Essien, Fabregas, Torres, Berbatov, Adebayor, Rooney, and Drogba, in no particular order. That's based partly on current form and partly on historic form (like I can't overlook the fact that Adebayor scored 24 goals last year, while Van Persie in his best year had 13).

How can you call me crazy when Fabregas has missed the season. Drogba has been woefully out of touch until about a month ago and Abebayor well is he even playing? Hes had a bad bad season.

How can you guys pick these 3 guys? And Leave out Tim and Luka who have played the house down for the entire season?

How can you call me crazy when Fabregas has missed the season. Drogba has been woefully out of touch until about a month ago and Abebayor well is he even playing? Hes had a bad bad season.

How can you guys pick these 3 guys? And Leave out Tim and Luka who have played the house down for the entire season?

I'm not going to make a top 10, because i don't know enough about all te the teams and their players, but Modric in the top10???

Ronaldo Gerrard and fabregas are obvious i think, and Torres and Drogba in top shape aswell, and the closest evertonian would be arteta, or cahill arguably.

I'll give you that Cahill has played well this season but Modric has only started to peform in recent weeks. You can't put him into a top 10 this year. I can see a argument for Cahill, only slightly mind, but Modric no. Plain and simple. I don't even think that Spurs fans would put him forward for best player in the EPL. Keane, maybe, King, maybe, Woodgate, maybe... but at the moment Modric has not cut it. He might be able to, but at the moment he has flattered to decieve. Plain and simple. Please post some sense. PLEASE!!! You could really contrinute to this board, I implore you to get your brain into check before posting. Please.

If your talking about the current best attacking players in the league i would go for

Gerrard

Torres

Rooney

Ronaldo

Fabregas

Arshavin

Eduardo

Van Persie

Lampard

Drogba

Obviously everyones list will more then likely be different but these players for me can and could turn any game when on form.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'll give you that Cahill has played well this season but Modric has only started to peform in recent weeks. You can't put him into a top 10 this year. I can see a argument for Cahill, only slightly mind, but Modric no. Plain and simple. I don't even think that Spurs fans would put him forward for best player in the EPL. Keane, maybe, King, maybe, Woodgate, maybe... but at the moment Modric has not cut it. He might be able to, but at the moment he has flattered to decieve. Plain and simple. Please post some sense. PLEASE!!! You could really contrinute to this board, I implore you to get your brain into check before posting. Please.

:P Im telling you man. Hes in the top 10. Mikkel top 15.

Im dumfounded how Drogba and Adebayor make it. They have been bad this year.

:P Im telling you man. Hes in the top 10. Mikkel top 15.

Im dumfounded how Drogba and Adebayor make it. They have been bad this year.

Adebayor has 12 goals and 8 assists in all competitions in only 28 games played, and he's Arsenal's second-leading scorer this year after Van Persie. If that's a bad season, we could do with a few more of Everton's players having bad seasons. B)

Edited by JD in DC

Adebayor has 12 goals and 8 assists in all competitions in only 28 games played, and he's Arsenal's second-leading scorer this year after Van Persie. If that's a bad season, we could do with a few more of Everton's players having bad seasons. B)

He must have scored 12 against Stoke. I seriously have no memory of Adebayor playing well this year.

Drogba? how many goals? Eduardo the same lol.

He must have scored 12 against Stoke. I seriously have no memory of Adebayor playing well this year.

Drogba? how many goals? Eduardo the same lol.

No, Adebayor has had problems with injuries, but when he's played he's been good.

Drogba was out of form but now is back in form and scoring goals. And did you not see Eduardo's broken leg last season? Of course it was going to be a while before he was back to his best, and even still he's surprised me how he's come back and been better than I thought he would be to begin with coming back from injury.

right guys i think we need some guidelines on the judging here cos it could mean anythin this giggs has to be number one for the fact hes played and scored in every season and at the best premiership club there has been but on the recent years gerrard has to be number one and to include people like jags it has to be on the last year or so alone? think theres some confusion here! and look whoever said modric is a muppet :P the guy has hardly set the world alight and cost 15 million wasnt it i think? bentley's been awesome too i guess eh :D

Guest efctaxi

Hasn't Drogba only scored 2 goals this season ?

Arshavin 1 goal ?

How can these guys possibly be considered as being amongst the 10 best players in the league ?

Crouch has scored 11 league goals , whilst playing for a team struggling for relegation . How can anyone say he is shit ?

Bent has scored 10 , and does so every season , again with crap teams .

Anelka has scored 15 .

Agbonlahor 10 goals .

The above strikers are doing their job well , and surely come above Drogba who isn't . Arshavin is all media hype untill proven otherwise .

also just noticed only 1 person has mentioned robinho? hes scored 11 this year in 23 games for city and ok they're not doin great but play some fantastic football at times and it all goes through him! and stephen ireland has scored 7 in 21 and i personally think hes been one of the best midfielders this year!