IGNORED

Who Is The Hardest Man Around?

Just thinking where have all the genuine hardmen in football gone now? You know, the fellas who you knew they were hard and wouldn't mess with them. i.e Big Dunc, Gerry Taggart, Souness etc Who is around now. The only one i can think of is that big lad at Sheffield United Morgan.

Edited by Finn balor

we want vinnie jones back in football :lol: id say jags and neville are fair hard and certainly know how to get stuck in a tackle but john terry for me! training days after havin that back surgery and still at the party after bein knocked unconscious in a final!

Edited by marcopaulo

Guest efctaxi

I wouldn't want to be in bed with Mark Hughes wife if he walked in :lol:

It all depends if you class hard as dishing it out , or taking it , and getting on with the game .

Anyone can dish it out on the pitch , but for me , it's the guy who gets the crap kicked out of him week in week out , and still gets up to finish the job .

we want vinnie jones back in football :lol: id say jags and neville are fair hard and certainly know how to get stuck in a tackle but john terry for me! training days after havin that back surgery and still at the party after bein knocked unconscious in a final!

I'd have to agree with your comments towards the end Marco. Even though they don't kick off Nev, Jags & Terry are footballing hardmen. Vidic used to be considered one IMO until his woeful pussy game against Liverpool where Fernando Torres basically took the piss. It would be good to see Duncan Ferguson back in football. He was a real liability but looking back it provides some laughs.

That punch on Scharner has to go down in Premier League history.

I'm unsure if I would add Roy Keane to the list of football hardmen. He did some dirty stuff but was he not just a psycho? :mellow:

Guest efctaxi

What was the name of the guy who had a fight with Ferguson in the goal mouth ?

Bolo Zenden .... or something . Wasn't he a black belt ?

The brawl was started after Duncan Ferguson challenged for the ball after 'Boro keeper Schwarzer had dropped it. Bolo Zenden appeared to grab Ferguson by the throat, and both teams charged in to defuse the situation.

Yeah it was Middlesbrough (an ex-Liverpool) midfielder Bolo Zenden that fired a goal-mouth scrap with Duncan Ferguson. I don't think he was known for being a hard man though, I think that that incident was a moment of madness. Anyone who starts a fight with Duncan has to have a screw loose I think.

And Aaron I do think that Keane is a hard man. Just some of the people I speak to consider him to be a pussy that made savage tackles every now and then. IMO he is a hardman yes, football would have a lot more injuries should he still be on the Manchester United XI.