IGNORED

Disgusting Refereeing

Hi, Just watched the Champions league Semi (Chelsea vs Barca)

Wether you are neutral or not after seeing a refereeing performance like that you cant help but feel for the Chelsea players (eurghhh that actually hurt to say that) and the fans.

3 blatant (and i mean BLATANT) pens turned away... you cant help thinking he woulda disalowed thier goal too if he could have.

Platini will be happy tonight

Guest efctaxi

If the governing bodies don't do something soon regarding modern technology , and responsible choices regarding officials , then I can envisage a referee being attacked , or even assassinated by concerned parties before long .

Tonight was particularly terrible from the refereeing team ( not just the ref ) .

Who is he ? Never heard of the guy to be honest .

I first heard it was 4 , but apparantly he has reffed 21 CL matches .

Edited by efctaxi

The ref should be sacked for performances like that and in such a massive game that will cost Chelsea around £15 to £20 million, I agree Taxi something should and needs to be implemented to stop obvious one sided bias like that bar the sending off nothing went Chelsea's way and i do feel for the supporters.

i agree with redknapp he couldnt keep up with the pace at all i mean if hes refereeing norwegian league games week in week out no offence to them but it is not even the same planet regarding footballing quality! was disgusting although so was the behaviour of ballack and drogba

hm it's getting a bit out of hand..

Controversial referee Tom Henning Ovrebo was understood to have been smuggled out of the country by police after receiving a number of death threats. Police were said to be so concerned about his safety that they changed his hotel before organising his secret exit from Britain.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...gue&cc=5739

:huh: .

Nothing new....though I can't remember any of the men in black who screwed Everton ever fearing for their lives :) .

Roll of shame....

Clive Thomas..."A poll in the Times newspaper recently rated his decision in the 1977 Everton v Liverpool game and subsequent refusal to discuss it, as the most suspect refereeing incident of all time."

Pierluigi Collina..."The Italian referee joins Clive Thomas in the Goodison hall of infamy after disallowing Duncan Ferguson's 80th-minute header for an infringement by Marcus Bent that only the folicallychallenged official managed to spot."

Cost us minimally £10m, possibly a lot more.

Clattenburg (spit)...Moyes, "Decisions happen, that's football. But in the last seconds there's the chance for it to be corrected and it would've been a result we deserved. We deserved that penalty and if the other penalties were more blatant than that, then I am in the wrong game. I seem to see football differently. If the ref doesn't see that you ask why."

My views on the refferee:

*there was a fault in the box, but the ref put it outside the box,this is a mistake, but forgivable. agreed maybe he should have been closer, i don't know what his position was

*the handball from pique, i'm not sure ,but i thought it hits is body first, and then his arm. and from what distance was that, 2,3 meters?

Disputable, but not shocking.

*the second handball was certainly not deliberate, his arm was turning away from the bal behind the defenders body, so again disputable.

this ofcourse all adds up, but looking at them individually no supershocking decisions imo

*The biggest mistake, the one you all seem to have forgotten: THE RED CARD

ffs lads, not even one of you thought that might be a worth mentioning?

*and no one here noticed the fault form essien on messi? if that wasn't a red one, I don't know what is.

Its a shame they aren't playing the CL final imo, but only because that's going to make them want to win the fa cup more, not because of the ref.

I'd agree about the red. Was never a red, not in a million years. I think with the penalty shouts, the drogba "pull" i was unsure about, but you;ve seen them given. However the Pique handball is as stonewall a penalty as you ar going to see. Pique, intentionally or not, controlled the ball with his hand and in doing so stopped Anelka getting into a goal scoring chance. 100% penalty in my eyes. the worst thing about the decision is that he is stood right in front of it and from that angle you can clearly see that the ball changes direction.

I'd agree about the red. Was never a red, not in a million years. I think with the penalty shouts, the drogba "pull" i was unsure about, but you;ve seen them given. However the Pique handball is as stonewall a penalty as you ar going to see. Pique, intentionally or not, controlled the ball with his hand and in doing so stopped Anelka getting into a goal scoring chance. 100% penalty in my eyes. the worst thing about the decision is that he is stood right in front of it and from that angle you can clearly see that the ball changes direction.

I've talked about this game a lot lately, and while I agree that chelsea have reason to be upset with the ref, I personally only saw 2 penalties, the Manouda foul, pushed outside the box for who knows what reason, and the Piqué handball previously mentioned. The red card was a joke, and the other fouls were dives by drogba and anelka. Nonetheless, I think the Piqué handball was much more visible to the linesman than the ref, so if the ref looked at him and didn't get a confirmation, it's the linesman fault.

*there was a fault in the box, but the ref put it outside the box,this is a mistake, but forgivable. agreed maybe he should have been closer, i don't know what his position was

*the handball from pique, i'm not sure ,but i thought it hits is body first, and then his arm. and from what distance was that, 2,3 meters?

*the second handball was certainly not deliberate, his arm was turning away from the bal behind the defenders body, so again disputable.

this ofcourse all adds up, but looking at them individually no supershocking decisions imo

*and no one here noticed the fault form essien on messi? if that wasn't a red one, I don't know what is.

Its a shame they aren't playing the CL final imo, but only because that's going to make them want to win the fa cup more, not because of the ref.

Im sorry mate i dont want to sound funny but to call that the biggest mistake is bollocks did you even watch the game? if you think a red card compared to costing a club millions and millions and denying its thousands of supporters a Champions league final spot your sadly mistaken.

The reaction after the game was over the top and although emotions would have understandably been high they should have kept a lid on it as it would have made their own case much stronger. I also agree the red card was not a sending off and Barca inevitabley did not suffer because of a poor decision whereas Chelsea did.

This clip clearly shows how bad the ref was and how blind some people are its pretty shocking how some people can defend those decisions imagine if those where against us in the FA cup final im sure you would feel differently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkCMAn5b5oc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHimaFW5Ro

Edited by EFC-Paul

I would have to agree with that .. especially that Essien deserved a red card for that hard foul.

The only penalty I can see is the handball by Picque .. which should also have been seen by the assistant referee and it definitely was a penalty..

Barca should have finished the game with 11 men..

Chelsea played 180 mins of defensive football, i think they could have scored 5 goals against that weak Barca defense if only they had attacked more .. I see it as a mistake by Hiddink.

all in all, a Barca - ManU final is what one would call a dream final.

Guest efctaxi

I can't say I agree with either of you , but totally respect your opinions , even if they are misguided , misinformed , misjudged , mistaken , misleading , mister softy , and missed by a country mile :lol:

I can't say I agree with either of you , but totally respect your opinions , even if they are misguided , misinformed , misjudged , mistaken , misleading , mister softy , and missed by a country mile :lol:

A red card mistakenly given and a red card not given to the other team is harsher then not giving 2 penalties, or not??

somes ay they should have been given 4 penalties, but that's ridiculous.

A red card mistakenly given and a red card not given to the other team is harsher then not giving 2 penalties, or not??

somes ay they should have been given 4 penalties, but that's ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculas just watch the clip

1: Alves blatantly blocks Malouda inside the area which is a penalty

2: Abidal firstly pulls his shirt inside the area which is a penalty in its own right and then turns his back and sticks his left leg out and trips Drogba which is even more obvious

3: Holds Drogba back by grabbing his arm and then goes through the side of Drogba taking him down as he gets the ball its ineffect a tackle from behind in a way

4: Pique raises his arm to the ball if you watch the clip carefully as Anelka flicks the ball up he raises his arm again inside the area which should have resulted in a penalty

5: Again raises his arm and blocks the ball inside the area you can see although his back is turned so is his head and he watches the ball coming at him again penalty

Out of those FIVE i would say the the 3rd is the most debatable as it would more then likely be a free kick just outside the area for trying to hold Drogba's hand other then that two blatant handballs and two fouls inside the area so yes FOUR penalties should have been given Chelsea's way.

Im no Chelsea fan but to see ref's getting away with shit like that and people defending such obvious bias is a joke.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Why is it ridiculas just watch the clip

1: Alves blatantly blocks Malouda inside the area which is a penalty

2: Abidal firstly pulls his shirt inside the area which is a penalty in its own right and then turns his back and sticks his left leg out and trips Drogba which is even more obvious

3: Holds Drogba back by grabbing his arm and then goes through the side of Drogba taking him down as he gets the ball its ineffect a tackle from behind in a way

4: Pique raises his arm to the ball if you watch the clip carefully as Anelka flicks the ball up he raises his arm again inside the area which should have resulted in a penalty

5: Again raises his arm and blocks the ball inside the area you can see although his back is turned so is his head and he watches the ball coming at him again penalty

Out of those FIVE i would say the the 3rd is the most debatable as it would more then likely be a free kick just outside the area for trying to hold Drogba's hand other then that two blatant handballs and two fouls inside the area so yes FOUR penalties should have been given Chelsea's way.

Im no Chelsea fan but to see ref's getting away with shit like that and people defending such obvious bias is a joke.

1. I agree with this one, I hadn't noticed before how close to the line he is, but it's still clear that it's a penalty.

2. Sorry, I don't buy it. Drogba isn't tripped, he dives when he sees that the keeper is gonna beat him to the ball.

3. This one is a joke. A clean tackle from Touré, and Drogba not only dives espectacularly, he should have been given a yellow for his theatrics. If he wanted a foul scored, which he could have gotten, there's holding before he runs into the box, he should have stopped the play, not run into the box, loose the ball in a clean tackle and then protest for a penalty.

4. Penalty, no doubt. But I stress out that I don't know if the ref could have seen it, from where he was, this was a linesman penalty to give.

5. Eto'o turns around, and the ball hits him in the back and under the arm. I wouldn't have given this one either.

As for this lasting for a long time, maybe, maybe not. Bosingwa has already retracted his statement, where he said the ref was on an ordered job, chelsea have sent a protest, but have included the appologies from the players regarding their reactions, nonetheless I wouldn't be surprised if some get a heavy shoe dropped on him. As for the rest, like I've said, the ref was a joke, all in all, I'd say that the 2 legs even out on ref mistakes. Barça were denied a clear penalty in the 1st leg, plus a send off, which would have put the 2nd leg in a completely different light. To me, a team that so clearly hands over the initiative to it's opponent (65% ball possession for Barça in both games), that can only score 1 goal in 180 minutes of football, after having scored 7 against a much tougher defense, they can only blame themselves.

The truth is, Hiddink never expected Barça to score, even from a lucky goal like that.

1. I agree with this one, I hadn't noticed before how close to the line he is, but it's still clear that it's a penalty.

2. Sorry, I don't buy it. Drogba isn't tripped, he dives when he sees that the keeper is gonna beat him to the ball.

3. This one is a joke. A clean tackle from Touré, and Drogba not only dives espectacularly, he should have been given a yellow for his theatrics. If he wanted a foul scored, which he could have gotten, there's holding before he runs into the box, he should have stopped the play, not run into the box, loose the ball in a clean tackle and then protest for a penalty.

4. Penalty, no doubt. But I stress out that I don't know if the ref could have seen it, from where he was, this was a linesman penalty to give.

5. Eto'o turns around, and the ball hits him in the back and under the arm. I wouldn't have given this one either.

As for this lasting for a long time, maybe, maybe not. Bosingwa has already retracted his statement, where he said the ref was on an ordered job, chelsea have sent a protest, but have included the appologies from the players regarding their reactions, nonetheless I wouldn't be surprised if some get a heavy shoe dropped on him. As for the rest, like I've said, the ref was a joke, all in all, I'd say that the 2 legs even out on ref mistakes. Barça were denied a clear penalty in the 1st leg, plus a send off, which would have put the 2nd leg in a completely different light. To me, a team that so clearly hands over the initiative to it's opponent (65% ball possession for Barça in both games), that can only score 1 goal in 180 minutes of football, after having scored 7 against a much tougher defense, they can only blame themselves.

The truth is, Hiddink never expected Barça to score, even from a lucky goal like that.

The second one as i have already said he was pulling his shirt which is very clear to inside the area thats is a penalty and in regards to the challange he is the wrong side of Drogba and goes for the ball misses and their legs clash again penalty.

The third was as i've said debatable but it was atleast a free kick just outside the area for holding him back by his arm.

Either way it comes down to personal opinion but i dont think anyone can deny that Chelsea where robbed of at least two or three stone cold penalties decisions. Either way Chelsea are out and there is sweet fa they can do about it i for the first time in god knows how long am rooting for United now to stuff Barca in the final and i think that they will.

Edited by EFC-Paul

The second one as i have already said he was pulling his shirt which is very clear to inside the area thats is a penalty and in regards to the challange he is the wrong side of Drogba and goes for the ball misses and their legs clash again penalty.

The third was as i've said debatable but it was atleast a free kick just outside the area for holding him back by his arm.

Either way it comes down to personal opinion but i dont think anyone can deny that Chelsea where robbed of at least two or three stone cold penalties decisions. Either way Chelsea are out and there is sweet fa they can do about it i for the first time in god knows how long am rooting for United now to stuff Barca in the final and i think that they will.

Yes, there's a pull on the 2nd, but it's fast, and drogba doesn't even slow down, as for the challenge, drogba is already going down, when he notices the keeper moving up to pick it up.

Chelsea were robbed in the 2nd leg, barça were robbed in the 1st, the one thing that doesn't change is that chelsea only scored once in 180 minutes against a side known for it's poor defending. Nevertheless, I agree that united will most likely win it, they're a much more experienced and balanced side than chelsea, and one thing's for certain, they're not gonna defend for the entire game, and they're not gonna give away ball possession like chelsea did.

It's getting into a english versus non english topic :D

I have never seen a game with 4 penalties, so don't expect anyone to suddenly give 4, and all 4 to 1 team, for some disputible ones aswell.

you don't have to agree that their was no disadvantage for chelsea, but i hope no one on here still thinks it's a "conspirancy against english football"

It's getting into a english versus non english topic :D

I have never seen a game with 4 penalties, so don't expect anyone to suddenly give 4, and all 4 to 1 team, for some disputible ones aswell.

you don't have to agree that their was no disadvantage for chelsea, but i hope no one on here still thinks it's a "conspirancy against english football"

In all fairness, they do have a point in that concern. Platini has said on many occasions that he doesn't like the brits, so I can see their point on that. In my oppinion, the ref was a very poor choice for a CL semi-final, if that's his regular form. If it isn't, he clearly had a very bad day.

That beeing said, it doesn't change the fact that changes are needed in european football. And I don't say that because it's the premier league at the top, I say that regardless of countries and the level of their championships. Even the english clubs and the FA are aware of it, and agree that measures are needed, so does pretty much anyone involved in football, no matter the country. It's only the EU that disregard this fact, and ignore the impact their laws have had and will continue to have in the sport. Anyways, there's already an appropriate topic for this discussion ;)