IGNORED

Laursen To Confirm Retirement

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Footbal...ent/gnid-52983/

Villa centre back Martin Laursen is to confirm his retirement from the game today due to his persistant knee injury. I think that this is a real shame, I know that Villa are one of our direct competitors so in a sense it is good news for us, but I think that Laursen is a fantastic player and has done a great job at Villa. Strong at the back and dangerous from set pieces. I feel sorry for Villa fans as he will be a real miss, you can see how there form dipped alot when he went out of the team.

Big blow for Laursen and Villa, he's had a half decent career, should have banked quite a few grand and I would think the insurance payout on his injury should mean he wont be down the job centre next week.

Would be much sadder if it were a younger player like Vaughan, who's had a pretty worrying time when it comes to knees.

Vaughan, Cahill, Arteta and Jagielka all know pretty much not to take that area between the calf and the thigh too lightly........may they never go the way of Martin Laursen.