IGNORED

Gordon Strachan Quits Celtic

I'm gutted :(

I'm not at all surprised that he has walked but when he was in charge we did look like a good team. He brought home some nice SPL titles and this year has been hard, we dropped points when we shoulden't have and thats what left us in second place overall. The best team won at the end of the day, his successor will be aiming at getting Celtic back to the top spot (where they belong ;)) and looking to get some sort of good run in the Champions League.

Best Wishes to Gordon.

What a tosser, a Manchester United fan on Moyes taking the Celtic job.

"Actually, I think Moyes would do well to take the Celtic job if he wanted to make himself a genuine contender for the United job. If he wins the FA Cup this weekend, that is probably as far as he can realistically take Everton with all due respect without spending another 7 years at the job. If he wins (or lose for that matter), he could go into Celtic gunning for trophies and championships and Europe, to which he can then further his credentials. I think David Moyes should really consider the job if it was offered to him."

:mellow:

Guest efctaxi

When guys resign , they shouldn't be allowed to manage another team for a set period of time .

Moyes managing Celtic would be a big step backwards in my opinion .

I dont agree with your first point, sometimes resignation is the best for both sides. Strachan should get no punishment from walking away from Celtic, I still have much respect for him. As of Moyes, the only thing that they have that we don't is Champions League football. He won't leave Goodison Park for that, Mowborry (sp) will be the next manager up in Scotland.

I dont agree with your first point, sometimes resignation is the best for both sides. Strachan should get no punishment from walking away from Celtic, I still have much respect for him. As of Moyes, the only thing that they have that we don't is Champions League football. He won't leave Goodison Park for that, Mowborry (sp) will be the next manager up in Scotland.

I don't think you'll find many Celtic supporters getting upset by this news, IMO he jumped before he was pushed. They will make an approach for Moyes, they'd be bloody stupid not to but we have a bigger purse than they do and David is an honest man, I'm sure he will honour his huge contract here. I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Steve Bruce get the job. Mowbury will stick with his WBA squad, their board and fans shown faith in him and like DM he will honour that backing

Edited by Jimmy the blue

David Moyes will definatly get offered the job. He has had much success with Everton and this makes his CV look pretty wonderful. The Celtic board have said that only those with a Celtic heratige need apply, in my opinion it's better to get someone like that than any manager, whether he is going to be good enough is a differant matter. Strachen was like by me, he got us six league titles in four years and for me was a great asset to the club.

As for his successor it won't be David, he has a contract here that he is willing to fulfill and with the prestige of another year in Europa and the FA Cup he will want to stay on and finish the job. He will want to remain in charge at Everton because the vibe is that we are on the verge of something magical. He'll be here for a good few seasons yet, don't you worry. ;)

David Moyes will definatly get offered the job. He has had much success with Everton and this makes his CV look pretty wonderful. The Celtic board have said that only those with a Celtic heratige need apply, in my opinion it's better to get someone like that than any manager, whether he is going to be good enough is a differant matter. Strachen was like by me, he got us six league titles in four years and for me was a great asset to the club.

As for his successor it won't be David, he has a contract here that he is willing to fulfill and with the prestige of another year in Europa and the FA Cup he will want to stay on and finish the job. He will want to remain in charge at Everton because the vibe is that we are on the verge of something magical. He'll be here for a good few seasons yet, don't you worry. ;)

and that's where they go wrong

Motherwell boss Mark McGhee has been recommended by departing Celtic manager Gordon Strachan as his replacement at Parkhead, BBC Sport understands.

Gordon has recommended this man, who was an ex-Celtic player. I'm unsure whether they should be looking at Celtic heritage, it might be better just to get someone in who can retain the Scottish League.

When guys resign , they shouldn't be allowed to manage another team for a set period of time .

Moyes managing Celtic would be a big step backwards in my opinion .

I full agree with that. If Moyes took the Celtic job at this stage in his career then it would be a massive disappointment and he'd go down in my estimations of the man.

Absolutely, the sole objective for Celtic is to beat Rangers every year. At best they'll be plucky losers in Europe, zero hope of winning the Champions league.

Thirty odd games against potential giant killers and half a dozen (eight I think to be accurate) serious contests a year in the league. Waste of time.

Absolutely, the sole objective for Celtic is to beat Rangers every year. At best they'll be plucky losers in Europe, zero hope of winning the Champions league.

Thirty odd games against potential giant killers and half a dozen (eight I think to be accurate) serious contests a year in the league. Waste of time.

No wonder Walter Smith won it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest efctaxi

3 in Scotland and 3 on planet wockafrickydicky ?